Racists on LoL

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AbsolutNoob

03-22-2013

Well anyway, why were racism removed from the list of reasons to report?

Death8630

03-22-2013

I don't think it's racism... Honestly, who likes playing with teammates who are speaking some other random language. Should keep the teams separate based on language imo. Seriously people are crying about everything. I found the ban thing amusing. lol Solution: Speak english, don't speak, or play with premade.

Nukes86

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death8630 View Post
I don't think it's racism... Honestly, who likes playing with teammates who are speaking some other random language. Should keep the teams separate based on language imo. Seriously people are crying about everything. I found the ban thing amusing. lol Solution: Speak english, don't speak, or play with premade.
You're basically implying if you speak another language in chat you deserve to be harassed. I've played a lot of games where people don't speak Spanish or English and I didn't mock any of them. Learn to be mature about things, if you run into players who are using another language, TRY your best to communicate and if it doesn't work, report them for not communicating with the team. Don't just start flaming them or harassing them because they're speaking another language, that's immature and for certain cultures it's a lot more offensive than most insults. Chances are if you make them mad, it'll be even worse for your game. Be smart, be nice = profit for everyone's game.

Echo 419

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
How to run a welcoming community - do not tolerate people who hurl insults.
meaning no disrespect. but those of you who have a title know enough that the teenagers of league like to be as foul mouthed as possible some quite vehemently, to the extent of swearing to kill you and your loved ones.....
in my tenure here on lol and lol beta , back in closed beta .... i saw this in a strong multinational community ( ie the internet) if a team could kick a foul player in game and take a 5 min break to pull a substitute in, then TAKE MY MONEY

Grey Silvers

03-22-2013

I feel really bad for this guy man...But in all honesty,you're the FIRST foreigner on league that I've interacted with and wasn't a total jerk.
Ex.
"Yi, dont fight jax anymore, you can't win, just try to farm"
"shut the fuk up *****"
"-sigh-"
-he dies again-
"KKKKKKKK -speaks Portuguese-"

That was a real conversation I had the other day, I knew I should have saved it but I just didn't.
I'm not justifying people's actions, but after a while an almost...serious hate develops, like in my old days I just hated Brazillians (on league) because of the 4 horrid situations I had with them. But after awhile, I figured I should stop, because its not fair to an entire population to dislike them for 4 tards. Because I know damn well we have them here. Not to mention, I'm Nigerian, so I know what its like to meet a bunch of Americans and experience their dislike for you based off something you can't control.

Sorry you had to go through that brother. :/

Dnote

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diomedes314 View Post
Some Americans are racist, get used to it. Im Argentinian and when i speak spanish suddenly im from mexico and i clean their houses. Just report and ignore.
bahahahahha
this made me laugh so hard.
i r russian.

LifeCorner

03-22-2013

I can't even type my own language in NA server.

Tepin

03-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutNoob View Post
Well anyway, why were racism removed from the list of reasons to report?
It doesn't need a separate category, verbal abuse covers any racist comments made in game.

kuroshini

03-22-2013

i can personally say that 98% of the brazilians i've played with are god awful. no, i dont hate them because theyre brazilian. i hate them because they're bad. idk what it is about them, they just are really terrible at this game for some reason...

Diamonesd

03-22-2013

good, one less brazillian in the game. THank you for harassing this person