Racists on LoL

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

S0rter

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
How to run a welcoming community - do not tolerate people who hurl insults.
The hillbilly redneck comment aside, he does put up a valid point. It IS harder for ALL players if three are language barriers. Honestly we do need a Latin server. The counter argument may be decrease of NA community but it WILL help overall.

The world's dominant languages are English, Chinese (mandarin and centonese), German, Spanish and Russian. As such I believe that, based on the region, there need to be different servers. Beside the fact that upon release of a new champ there ALLWAYS are server issues and improvements need to be made.

omegam0

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

2 sides to say here (btw im from the south in the US, so I see a TON of racism). First the main reason I see a ton of racism is immature kids, trolls, etc etc. The other side I see is also when in champ select everyone speaks english, get in game, one person starts speaking in some other language, and when asked to speak english ignores them and just keeps going on. ends up making communicating hard. I think both of those really contribute to the majority of the racism we see as after a few matches these ppl just get worse.

Ev1LLe

10-03-2012

This game isnt nearly as bad as sc: broodwar.

There used to be games with h title "3 v 3 No N******"

Also if you've ever looked at comments on YouTube there are racists comments everywhere.

That's the Internet, report them and know that none of these kids would actually say that to someone's face and if they did they'd get their asses kicked.

Shinmen Takezo

10-03-2012

They're a lot of immature people on league of legends, what i usually do is just simply hit the tab button and the mute button. problem solved for days and days and days.

Xanthus730

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

1. Mexican, Brazilian and Argentinian are NOT races. They are nationalities. So this would be nationalist or something I guess? But not racist.
2. Why not play on the BR server?
3. It's not just LOL players... have you seen the REST of the internet yet?

Those being said, yes it's a problem. Chatblock, Report, Playhard, move on.

Naween

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xanthus730 View Post
1. Mexican, Brazilian and Argentinian are NOT races. They are nationalities. So this would be nationalist or something I guess? But not racist.
2. Why not play on the BR server?
3. It's not just LOL players... have you seen the REST of the internet yet?

Those being said, yes it's a problem. Chatblock, Report, Playhard, move on.
ok
80% of the time them being reported doesnt do anything. so. its kinda pointless.

Ghost Story

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SICK N NERVOUS View Post
Well.. Since i started to play LoL, i've suffered bullying by the U.S players and other players around the world.

Whenever i'm playing with a friend and we say something in portuguese, they start to be racist with us. It's just annoying,

This is very annoying, because these days I was banned until June 26 for the reason might have answered the insults. I can not just hold it all quiet. Because I did not give any reason for them to do so, and when I said that they would be reported for a negative attitude, they replied with other offenses, "Fck you, give me some tacos!", "I'm American, I will not be banned.", "Report him for huehue" and things like that.

Seriously, why these guys think are better than us, Brazilians, just for us to be BRAZILIAN? I have two eyes, two hands and have a head to think, then i am like everyone else. Racism should be a hard reason to be banned, not answer the criticisms of the time and be reported by trolls only for be Brazilian, like i did.

Well, I'm already tired of it and I apologize for my English.

Lets back up to the beginning...

FIRST.... You typed something that they did not understand as they did not Speak your language but at the same time It seems to me that your on the North American Servers who's Language is English for the majority of players. This Unknown comment, however harmless was taken as Extremely OFFENSIVE by them.

SECOND.... League already has Harassment issues, that is why It put the honor system in place because of things like what you received.

THIRD..... They replied as you should have EXPECTED them to. Like Idiots.

Fourth.... Racism is alive and well AROUND THE WORLD... Not just the sole dominion of America. Sorry but America dose not have sole ownership of Idiocy around the world.

Last.... YOUR English is just fine... stop apologizing for it and go have fun. There are Idots in every corner of this world and you will never be able to escape them, shut them up, nor be rid of them.... learn to recognize and ignore....

Though I admit it is easier said then done.

Bobbylastname

10-04-2012

I'm sorry if this is coming out late... BUT WE'RE ALL RACIST IN THIS GAME.

That sounds bad, I'll clarify, I get called a stupid american alot, and i'm not afraid to shoot offenses right back at that player. I will translate what you say in your language and will fire back an appropriate response. People are racist on this game, NOT JUST AMERICANS. You shouldn't go crying about it, but show your better than them by BEING the bigger person. Just you posting here about the problems says your better than them, just report them and play the game, you can ignore those players, show them up and show them that just cause you are Brazilian or any other NATIONALITY, that you are still a good player and a well-tempered one at that.

SilverChampz

10-06-2012

im from Asia.. and yeah this is happen quiet alot to brazilian.. it just that.. maybe we hate that you guys speak with language we dont understand? i mean how can we coorperate with you guys then ?? it just SOOOO many people dont have english as their first language or even second language.. but at least we try to speak english.. so please dont be that arrogant and try to speak english? a bit?

FeedingTrollNoob

10-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotTiza View Post
There's really no need for semantic nitpicking in this thread - the issue is pretty clear-cut. If players are being abusive, offensive, or insulting - no matter on what grounds - they are in violation of the Summoner's Code. A lot of times, people are more offensive than they mean to be (not all of us are used to coexisting in a multicultural community, let alone an international one), and will stop if you just speak up and say "Hey, that's offending me. Could you please stop?" You also have the option to simply ignore them, and/or report them for their actions.

Debating whether or not this falls under one -ism umbrella or another could be an interesting discussion- as long as it stays polite and constructive. As far as the OP's concern, however, abuse is abuse, and that's what we have the Tribunal for.

Does this mean that I can go to the BR server with 900 ping, speak english, and become offended when people on my team are upset that they have no way of communicating with me?