Racists on LoL

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Scarlet Red

06-27-2012

This is sad, tired of this community to many immature people.

MoreMedz

06-27-2012

I don't think racial hatred or immaturity is the cause per se. The problem is failure to communicate. A lot of the times, it is entirely possible to play the game and be a team player when you don't speak the language. Proper use of ping is vital.

I recall when I was playing on the Chinese servers (I was on an overseas trip), I can't type anything to them and only half of them understood the phrase "MIA". So I just used ping to marked potential mia gank path. It certainly wasn't perfect, but it worked for those sessions.

Respect and communication go both ways. When two people speak different languages, neither of them can understand each other and it takes both of them to find a way to communicate. Too often, people say, "this is an English server, so the other player needs to learn English." But in a similar situation (say there is no NA server for whatever reason), how many NA players playing on EU servers would be compelled to learn an European language just to play a game?

As for a solution, both players need to:

- acknowledge that there is a communication difficulty;
- respect the fact that people speak different language in this world and it is no one's fault; and
- compromise! by adjusting their own means of communication and playing style.

ezPK XS PWR

06-27-2012

Add a S.A. and Australia server please.
Thank you.

Scenvresh

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SICK N NERVOUS View Post
Well.. Since i started to play LoL, i've suffered bullying by the U.S players and other players around the world.

Whenever i'm playing with a friend and we say something in portuguese, they start to be racist with us. It's just annoying,

This is very annoying, because these days I was banned until June 26 for the reason might have answered the insults. I can not just hold it all quiet. Because I did not give any reason for them to do so, and when I said that they would be reported for a negative attitude, they replied with other offenses, "Fck you, give me some tacos!", "I'm American, I will not be banned.", "Report him for huehue" and things like that.

Seriously, why these guys think are better than us, Brazilians, just for us to be BRAZILIAN? I have two eyes, two hands and have a head to think, then i am like everyone else. Racism should be a hard reason to be banned, not answer the criticisms of the time and be reported by trolls only for be Brazilian, like i did.

Well, I'm already tired of it and I apologize for my English.

I have to say, it's not so much the fact that you're Brazilian (although our community has developed to be quite unpleasant when dealing with you but the fact that you speak in Portuguese during the games. You have to consider that it's very unfair for you to be insulting us behind our backs (or so we might imagine) or discussing plans that don't involve us. We understand that it's not your first language, but you ARE playing on an American server so you should probably try to assimilate a little better. Try molding your attitude a bit and seeing how unpleasant it would be if you were lumped with an all-Chinese or all-Russian, whatever the case may be, team and they spoke not a word of English or Portuguese if they didn't have to. Imagine, for a second, how irritated you would be.

Despite this though, I do agree that you shouldn't be insulted just for being Brazilian. I, myself, have had some of my most pleasant games with Brazilians because you seem to have an infallible sense of humor.

Cerebral Captain

06-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SICK N NERVOUS View Post
Well.. Since i started to play LoL, i've suffered bullying by the U.S players and other players around the world.

Whenever i'm playing with a friend and we say something in portuguese, they start to be racist with us. It's just annoying,

This is very annoying, because these days I was banned until June 26 for the reason might have answered the insults. I can not just hold it all quiet. Because I did not give any reason for them to do so, and when I said that they would be reported for a negative attitude, they replied with other offenses, "Fck you, give me some tacos!", "I'm American, I will not be banned.", "Report him for huehue" and things like that.

Seriously, why these guys think are better than us, Brazilians, just for us to be BRAZILIAN? I have two eyes, two hands and have a head to think, then i am like everyone else. Racism should be a hard reason to be banned, not answer the criticisms of the time and be reported by trolls only for be Brazilian, like i did.

Well, I'm already tired of it and I apologize for my English.
You shouldn't take anything anyone says personally, if you do that would probably suggest a low self esteem. I don't say anything rude to anyone chatting in another language, but i will admit that it slightly annoys me because a big part to playing well is communication, and I have noticed a definite lack of in most cases.

Seethman

06-28-2012

This sort of bigotry is offensive to me, and I'm only an American.
I have a couple of racist friends that play, and things always get a bit tense when they drop any kind of racist bomb suddenly. I have noticed that it generally stems from their frustration at not being able to communicate with the other player.
My only frustration with multilingual servers is that I've encountered a lot of peole who hide behind their language--I speak minimal Spanish, but I can pick up on slurs. It's not OK, either direction.

I wonder why this community has it so bad!

ONLY MID NA

06-28-2012

Guess what huehuehueheehuehuehuehuehehuehuehehuehehuehuehuehu eheuhehueue instant lock morde and feed huehuehuehuehuehueuhehuehu

zKaede

06-29-2012

I like to believe that most people don't instantly resort to racism. Rather, it's a response that is provoked over time. For instance, most of the people on my friends list speak broken English at best, but that doesn't bother me in the slightest. They're doing their best to communicate, and hey, I can understand their intentions.

However, what absolutely irks me is when a player reveals that they grasp English to a degree, yet absolutely refuses to use. For instance, a player during Champion Select would be communicating just fine, asking about team compositions and such. Yet, the minute the game starts, they revert to their native tongue with their dual queue friend, and no matter how much you politely ask, they refuse to go back to English. They start missing MIAs, get ganked then call the other players noobs and such. In my experience, this is when the racism starts. Quite frankly, I get rude in these situations as I just want to elicit some sort of understandable response. It's especially infuriating when the players then end the game with, "reporting, I speak English". Well, it would have been nice if you communicated earlier.

KingSnafu

06-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zKaede View Post
I like to believe that most people don't instantly resort to racism. Rather, it's a response that is provoked over time. For instance, most of the people on my friends list speak broken English at best, but that doesn't bother me in the slightest. They're doing their best to communicate, and hey, I can understand their intentions.

However, what absolutely irks me is when a player reveals that they grasp English to a degree, yet absolutely refuses to use. For instance, a player during Champion Select would be communicating just fine, asking about team compositions and such. Yet, the minute the game starts, they revert to their native tongue with their dual queue friend, and no matter how much you politely ask, they refuse to go back to English. They start missing MIAs, get ganked then call the other players noobs and such. In my experience, this is when the racism starts. Quite frankly, I get rude in these situations as I just want to elicit some sort of understandable response. It's especially infuriating when the players then end the game with, "reporting, I speak English". Well, it would have been nice if you communicated earlier.

isnt this the definition of "refusing to communicate" and 80% of the time is the experience had with brazilians players which is why people from united states (who are generally impatient demanding people anyways) come off "racist" which is a word thrown around so much its lost all meaning much like the word literally. Real question is if you dont speak english or dont like speaking english why woudlnt you want to play on the EU servers? Why do you want to play with people who speak a language u barely understand?

getdapumps

06-29-2012

To be fair to the OP, Americans like being racist with other Americans even if we have the same skin tone. Pointing out differences and applying negative stereotypes to people is a national pastime.