Shouldn't there be a camera flop type thing for purple side?

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BlazinYordle

Senior Member

03-11-2013

Like why don't they have a camera flop type thing for purple side. Like Bottom view and it just switches? Is it because of the first pick advantage or does it not even go off that. Discuss?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Blacklisted

Junior Member

03-11-2013

i agree wit this, if u are on purple team u cant even see your skill shots most of the time, i was thinknig of them switching it to a left and right kind of thing like twisted treeline, it is kinda bogus because i always feel i am at a disadvantage when playing purple


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elsabet

Senior Member

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Blacklisted View Post
if u are on purple team u cant even see your skill shots most of the time
I don't understand how your team's side affects your vision. Is your camera locked or something? If so, unlock. Your camera should be positioned where you are focusing, not on your own champ. Ideally, you should know where your champ is in space without looking at yourself...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Durzaka

Senior Member

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsabet View Post
I don't understand how your team's side affects your vision. Is your camera locked or something? If so, unlock. Your camera should be positioned where you are focusing, not on your own champ. Ideally, you should know where your champ is in space without looking at yourself...

It doesnt matter if youre camera is locked.

You are still seeing less than the opponent because they look up, and you look down.

You need to move your camera farther from your character in order to see the same thing someone on blue team doesnt need to move the camera at all (or a little bit).

Whether you have perfect awareness or not, it is a disadvantage.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zaphery

Senior Member

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orbital Destruct View Post
Like why don't they have a camera flop type thing for purple side. Like Bottom view and it just switches? Is it because of the first pick advantage or does it not even go off that. Discuss?
If you simply just flip the view, then on the purple view screen would show bot lane going "up" and top lane going to the "bottom lane."

Bad Visual:

Normally its like this

T--TOP LANE------------B
O-------------------E--------O
P-----------------N-----------T
-----------------A
L------------L----------------L
A-------D--------------------A
N-----I-----------------------N
E-M-------------------------E
-------Bottom Lane--------

If you flip it so that purple perspective looks like blue you get this you get this:
--Bottom Lane---------T
B-------------------E------O
O----------------N---------P
T--------------A
-------------L---------------L
L---------D-----------------A
A------I---------------------N
N--M-----------------------E
E----Top Lane-----------

If you have a laptop flip your screen if you want

My point is that purple team and blue team are going to be seeing different things if you do a simple "flip". Trying to accommodate for that is a lot harder than you think and you would have to mirror the map across mid lane.

I don't know much about coding, but I'm going take a shot at a potential problem. If someone moves up some amount of units into Top lane after it is mirrored, it would not be the same direction of "up" for the people of blue team. The problem is that the game can't register the opponent player movements as if you were just watching a recording of their screen on yours. Because of this each person would need some sort of conversion thingy to convert the movements of blue/purple so that they have matching movements on their screens.

Like I said, I know nothing on the way the game was coded so it's just a theory o.0

With the time and effort need for that, Riot could be accomplishing other things, like reworks and champion designs.

My pictures are Picasso level


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Elsabet

Senior Member

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durzaka View Post
You are still seeing less than the opponent because they look up, and you look down.

You need to move your camera farther from your character in order to see the same thing someone on blue team doesnt need to move the camera at all (or a little bit).
Can you please explain?

If your camera is locked, you have the same radius of vision as your camera-locked opponents, regardless of your team color...

If your camera is not locked, you choose what you are looking at, in which case it does not matter where your character is or what team your character is on...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Durzaka

Senior Member

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphery View Post

If you have a laptop flip your screen if you want

My point is that purple team and blue team are going to be seeing different things if you do a simple "flip". Trying to accommodate for that is a lot harder than you think and you would have to mirror the map across mid lane.

I don't know much about coding, but I'm going take a shot at a potential problem. If someone moves up some amount of units into Top lane after it is mirrored, it would not be the same direction of "up" for the people of blue team. The problem is that the game can't register the opponent player movements as if you were just watching a recording of their screen on yours. Because of this each person would need some sort of conversion thingy to convert the movements of blue/purple so that they have matching movements on their screens.

Like I said, I know nothing on the way the game was coded so it's just a theory o.0

With the time and effort need for that, Riot could be accomplishing other things, like reworks and champion designs.

My pictures are Picasso level
Why is this is issue? It takes about 3 brain cells to realize your duo lane as purple is going to normally go top and your solo lane will go bot. That is a very weak excuse.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsabet View Post
Can you please explain?

If your camera is locked, you have the same radius of vision as your camera-locked opponents, regardless of your team color...

If your camera is not locked, you choose what you are looking at, in which case it does not matter where your character is or what team your character is on...
If your camera isnt locked you need to move your camera MORE to see an enemy the same distance away compared to the blue team.

If someone is on the edge of the screen for the blue side, he will be blocked by the UI for the purple side, requiring him to move the camera as well as do whatever play they are doing, whereas blue has to do nothing at all.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PoisonedPeace

Senior Member

03-11-2013

Unlock your camera.
Problem solved.

Most of the time my champ is barely on my screen.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zaphery

Senior Member

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durzaka View Post
Why is this is issue? It takes about 3 brain cells to realize your duo lane as purple is going to normally go top and your solo lane will go bot. That is a very weak excuse.




If your camera isnt locked you need to move your camera MORE to see an enemy the same distance away compared to the blue team.

If someone is on the edge of the screen for the blue side, he will be blocked by the UI for the purple side, requiring him to move the camera as well as do whatever play they are doing, whereas blue has to do nothing at all.
So how exactly is this a weak excuse? I'm not talking about people adapting their support/adc lane to go top instead. I'm talking about what Riot has to change in the coding of league itself. Even if you don't mirror the map and have purple's "bot lane" go top, the final locations of the champions relative to one person's screen is going to be different from the final locations on your screen. You have to translate that input into a different output for a potential 5 other players if they want to play inverted. Obviously Riot hasn't done it yet for specific reasons and it's probably because the amount of work outweighs the small minority of people who benefit from it.

If the problem is really the UI, why don't you just adjust it? You can make those useless decoration bars disappear if you need and you can scale down the size of the UI. Even when I play locked, i still never have problems with seeing things with my settings. If you really need to, why don't you just ask about having movable UI, so that you can just put the items and character info near an unused part of the screen?


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Durzaka

Senior Member

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaphery View Post
So how exactly is this a weak excuse? I'm not talking about people adapting their support/adc lane to go top instead. I'm talking about what Riot has to change in the coding of league itself. Even if you don't mirror the map and have purple's "bot lane" go top, the final locations of the champions relative to one person's screen is going to be different from the final locations on your screen. You have to translate that input into a different output for a potential 5 other players if they want to play inverted. Obviously Riot hasn't done it yet for specific reasons and it's probably because the amount of work outweighs the small minority of people who benefit from it.

If the problem is really the UI, why don't you just adjust it? You can make those useless decoration bars disappear if you need and you can scale down the size of the UI. Even when I play locked, i still never have problems with seeing things with my settings. If you really need to, why don't you just ask about having movable UI, so that you can just put the items and character info near an unused part of the screen?
The map doesnt need to be flipped to solve the issue.

Simply modifiable UIs would fix the problem.

Although i will admit, the problem is 100 times worse for Dota 2, you ever seen their UI?

I personally dont have a probably playing purple side, i simply sympathize with people who DO, and think something should be done.


12