Tankiest AP carry?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkhubmega

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2012

Well, I mostly play tanks/junglers, pretty much anyone with enough Damage resistance to take a turret blast or 4 and say "that tickled, can i have another?"
Thats good and all, right?
Right, for the most part. the problem is, I need an AP carry, but someone that can actually survive a teamfight, after rushing in.
Problem is, Ive tried a couple, and I generally hate them. but, im trying to ease myself into playing other champion types anyway, so i don't yknow, suck.
Any suggestions?

Patyfatycake

06-25-2012

Malphite maybe?

Strill

06-25-2012

Ryze. Absolutely Ryze. But only at mid-late game. Ryze gets tons of damage from tank items like Frozen Heart, and Banshee's Veil. The only catch is that he typically wants to rush a tear of the goddess and a rod of ages first. After he gets those, he does tons of burst, his ulti lets him do it in an AoE and gives him lifesteal, he has great sustained damage on top of all that AoE burst, and on top of all that, he's using tank items so he has high hp/armor/mres. Plus his ult's movement speed and his snare means you will have a hard time escaping, and he has an easy time focusing the AD carries in the back.

Devious Rogue

06-25-2012

Ryze. because he's not AP, but Mana-based.

Tear, Catalyst, Glacial Shroud are his core.

Pother

06-25-2012

Ryze indeed. Though the malphite suggestion is pretty funny, especially considering he ends up with more kills than the carry does in a lot of games :P

Amoc

06-25-2012

Moakai! His base damage is huge, his ratios are great and his passive helps keep him alive.

ThorHammerz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2012

Ryze, Mordekaiser, Swain, Morgana come to mind (in that order).

DLT CorE

06-25-2012

Ryze or even Vlad are good choices.
Both get tanky (Ryze is Mana based and Vlad is HP based), but you kinda end up building more Armour on Vlad than on Ryze (He's a bit more MR)

masterbrogasm

06-25-2012

Rumble.

Palmerfan

06-25-2012

Galio. He builds tons of MR, he literally can't be killed by mages.