Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Make cait's ulti harder to block

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tyg13

06-24-2012

Caitlyn's ult is annoying. When used at long range, it basically serves as a button that says "I didn't kill you and you were skilled enough to get away, but I'm going to kill you anyways", which is why it's been made so easy to block it. Karthus's ult is annoying for that exact same reason: because it serves as a cheap free-kills button.

In my opinion, her ult's range needs to be decreased greatly and the damage needs to be changed to accommodate that. Instead of using Cait's ult as a free-kills button, people could actually use it effectively short-range as a nuke that requires good positioning to use, which is what AD carries are supposed to be all about.

EDIT: Wait, ****. Is this a joke thread or is it not a joke thread?

Dralun

06-24-2012

Quote:
Flytrap:
It's a step in the right direction.

I think I would prefer allowing it to pierce for reduced damage.

I think that's another solution is to allow it to pierce for reduced damage, so it would at least secure a kill on a target escaping with extremely low health.

It's also not that I disagree with it doing true damage, since just for math reasons alone it makes sense, but if it's still so extremely easy to block, I don't think it will make enough of a difference.

Dralun

06-24-2012

Quote:
Tyg13:
Caitlyn's ult is annoying. When used at long range, it basically serves as a button that says "I didn't kill you and you were skilled enough to get away, but I'm going to kill you anyways", which is why it's been made so easy to block it. Karthus's ult is annoying for that exact same reason: because it serves as a cheap free-kills button.

In my opinion, her ult's range needs to be decreased greatly and the damage needs to be changed to accommodate that. Instead of using Cait's ult as a free-kills button, people could actually use it effectively short-range as a nuke that requires good positioning to use, which is what AD carries are supposed to be all about.

Or you can be so "skilled" as to realize the champion you were fighting against as the ability to pick you off at low health from far away and not let yourself get that low....

Flytrap

06-24-2012

Quote:
Luna Drago:
I think that's another solution is to allow it to pierce for reduced damage, so it would at least secure a kill on a target escaping with extremely low health.

It's also not that I disagree with it doing true damage, since just for math reasons alone it makes sense, but if it's still so extremely easy to block, I don't think it will make enough of a difference.

Making her ult do true damage would be neat, but I was really just making fun of Darius' designer. His logic is just too funny.

Dralun

06-24-2012

Quote:
Flytrap:
Making her ult do true damage would be neat, but I was really just making fun of Darius' designer. His logic is just too funny.

I noticed, and it seemed like the thing you were really only serious on was making it do true damage.

I'd also actually be fine with the way Darius' ult works, if it didn't promote kill stealing, that's my only real gripe with it.

Flytrap

06-24-2012

Bump for Caitlyn.

And facetiousness.

Clubbems

06-24-2012

Actually I think a much better idea would be to make it go through everything it hits, dealing x% less for every time.

Eg, say it deals 1000 damage (before armor). Hits one person, does 25% less damage.

Does 750 to next person (before armor)

562.5 to the next

421 to the next

316 to the next. (That's as many as it could go through at max.)

An even cooler idea would be to make it pierce but account for armor. That would be very hard to code, though.

Example:

Cait ults Leblanc. Leblanc has 100 HP left. Cait's ult will do 700 damage base, with 40% armor pen.

Naut, with 60% damage reduction will stand in the way.

Naut blocks about 40% of the damage (Because his armor - Last Whisper), making it deal 420 damage to the next person it hits.

Flytrap

06-24-2012

Her ultimate is just a waste late game.

Silent Hero

06-24-2012

I think a reasonable buff would be just to have it fire faster and give opponents less time to react.

Or you could give it a damage buff and make it so that people will be scared to block it.

I love Caitlyn but I agree her ult needs some love. Riot pls.

Flytrap

06-24-2012

Bump.