Should we add a Kicking player option in Ranked Draft?

Yes, PLEASE 296 63.11%
No, It will not work 173 36.89%
Voters: 469. You may not vote on this poll

Adding a boot option for Troll Prevention

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JavinoX

07-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatman77 View Post
I have a better idea!

I strongly agree with both sides of the argument BUT

What if instead we just gave people the option to re-que with the push of a button?

Instead of voting someone out, just leave! Got a guy claiming to feed? Player only knew how to play mid and didn't speak up? Don't disconnected or use a rickety vote kicking systems, Re-Que!

How will it work?
After a player hits re-que they are asked if they are sure they want to do this and given how many re-ques they have. After the player accepts, he is bumped back to the bottom of the que so as to not re-que with the troll thus defeating the purpose. Riot can provide a max of three re-ques or even just one per ranked game played.

But there are drawbacks to this to!
Yes! But there are way fewer then having a vote kicking system. Vote kicking is a permanent solution to trolls in the ques but can be abused. Re-queing from the game provides very little abuse. If the troll wants to keep re-queing then he's only hurting himself and maybe delaying games by at least a minute before they run out of re-ques. It is still possible for the troll to maybe follow you through this system but then that's probably because you provoked him lol.

This could be shot down by some undermining flaw that I'm not seeing but I see this being way easier to implement and less abusive.

(Side notes)
Would be nice to report people in the que along with in game with this feature implemented.

Also maybe we could call it de-que? Exactly like disconnecting except no ban with limited times to do it.
Re-queing won't work because people will definitely abuse this and you'll be left with being in a que for long time until you actually get in one game. This is just not a good idea. Just imagine different people using there reques given? It can be limitless due to so many playing LOL these days.

Kelraz

07-14-2012

I just had to dodge at the very last second because our 4th and 5th slots were both AFK and got randomly assigned champions. That's not acceptable, and the game wasn't going to be fun AT ALL for anyone participating. Of course, now I can't play for 25 minutes.

Something of this nature is dramatically needed.

Entumba

07-15-2012

Check out this possible fix:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...8#post26558738

JavinoX

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Entumba View Post
This will not work. Most people love solo lanes, which means long ques for top and mid lanes. Also this does not mean it will fix trolling either. It is an idea but not a definite resolve. I believe the most efficient way of getting rid of trolling is the kick option during draft.

JavinoX

07-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelraz View Post
I just had to dodge at the very last second because our 4th and 5th slots were both AFK and got randomly assigned champions. That's not acceptable, and the game wasn't going to be fun AT ALL for anyone participating. Of course, now I can't play for 25 minutes.

Something of this nature is dramatically needed.
Yes, if we had the kick option, we can get rid of the afkers going into reque. I hope RIOT hears us and implement something in this nature

Shabazz

07-15-2012

Petition for this to be initiated

Spriggin

07-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spriggin View Post
In every champion select there should be a report function for the people that try to troll and force others to dodge, spammers, and negative characters. This could be a function for champion selects across all modes and types, or limited to just rift. It could have it's own "mini" section in the tribunal since the log would be fairly short and the time it takes + the IP gained cut to a suitable amount that I'm sure riot can work out just fine.

Second, there needs to be a boot icon in ranked next to each player's name. A button that If all 4 other players click, the person in question is removed from select, the four players are returned to queue, and that person is locked out from queueing for an unknown amount of time or some other suitable punishment. 30 minutes isn't nearly enough of a deterrent, this could be a scaling 45 minute lockout, or just a huge chunk of an hour+.

Right now because people consider it "safe", one in three games will have a troll or just all around @$$hole trying to be as disruptive as possible. Innocent players should not have to dodge one guy being a ****** and pay the 30 minute penalty for it. With the first feature it will now be possible to punish such disruptive players in a non-abusive way(As you can queue up with 4 people in normals). With the second feature instead of having to dodge such a player or hope he dodges on his own, you can force him to leave and incur a penalty on him to discourage future actions. This also is almost impossible to abuse because you cannot queue up as anything more than duo or 5-man queue in ranked.

riot pls.

TL;DR
First Feature: Report system for ALL game mods(Dominion/Rift/ETC) and types(Ranked/blind/etc) This does no more than the report function already established
Second Feature: RANKED EXCLUSIVE 4/5 vote kick system. As you cannot currently queue with any more than 2 or 5 man queues. This simply CANNOT be abused unless 4 trolls queue into the same team(Read highly, highly unlikely).
Snippet from my own thread The basic idea is that there is an in-champ select method of reporting other players. Obviously for feature 1 time would be an incredibly restricting problem. But this is remedied by the fact that with a dropdown menu similar to the current report function and the log being as small as it is, it shouldn't be a problem. To bold it This feature would apply to all game modes and types since it cannot be used in any way to disrupt other players

Feature 2 is exactly like you're proposing a 4/5 ban but I strongly suggest it can be utilized by anyone. Rather than a popup menu or anything like that it should just be an onscreen button with maybe a "Are you sure?" request after clicking it. If there is a troll in the game your other 3 teammates with happily press the button to rid themselves of a potentially disrupting element. To bold it This would only apply to ranked games. I will spell it out like I have in my quote: This is not possible to abuse. The only way to queue for ranked is solo, duo(That's 2) and 5 man. Unless 4 completely random trolls joined one game I can't foresee this being used outside of it's intended purpose.

The only potential abuse the kick feature has is that a team may not like last pick's choice(For example, they're supposed to support but pick a champ like pantheon) Pantheon being a viable-ish pick for duo bot. We may also see a lot of lobbying to boot someone who "stole" someone's role or something like that. But again this requires a consensus of 4/5 members to relieve someone of the game and we see a lot of that with the report system already, so really, who gives a ****? The first kick could start out as no penalty, and for every consecutive kick raised by 30 minutes or some such. If you get kicked X number of times in a 24 hour period(This would have to be a high number, say, 15 times) then you're locked out of the game for an extended period of time(A day, maybe two?).

The most important part of this feature would be actual consequences for your actions. Trolls and disruptive players should not be getting the slaps on the wrist they've been getting. I met a troll who was suspended some odd 20 times. 20. times. and is still able to play this game because every month(Maybe 2?) the suspension count resets and he's right back to trolling. When someone says "You're reported" and you actually are making an offense, it shouldn't be met with "I don't give a $hit, do you have any idea how many times I've already been reported? lololol".

I stopped playing this game a year and a half ago. I came back 6 months ago and I'm frankly shocked at how far this game's degraded. In Beta it was amazing, barely any trolls or disruptive players. There were so few that people knew every troll by name. At launch it was still alright, 3 months, a few trolls. 6 months it got harder to get into games that weren't met with AD malzahar or what-have-you. I come back and about 60% of my games have a troll in it or disruptive player that does not play in the spirit of lol or teamwork. Half my queues have a troll in it and these games don't even make it to the load screen because someone on my team(Or myself) decided to take the 30minute wait time for their team. I'm in the 1600 elo bracket(I know, not that high, but still) and I've run into rage quitters, trolls, "Solo" players, ragers, spam-pingers and bickering kids.

Oh, and before anyone looks me up, this isn't my account, it's my brother's, mine got suspended from the forum for making a pass at the summoner girl. The lesson? Riot takes it's summoner girls seriously, don't piss them off.

Bromoner

07-16-2012

This is a great idea. Too often in ranked, the onus is on the trolled rather then the troll to dodge. That means you are penalized for making a good decision. If trolls kick you, then who cares? Join another game and it's over with!

JavinoX

07-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bromoner View Post
This is a great idea. Too often in ranked, the onus is on the trolled rather then the troll to dodge. That means you are penalized for making a good decision. If trolls kick you, then who cares? Join another game and it's over with!
It will be impossible for a troll to kick you with this system because you need 4 votes to be kicked. The troll will be kicked for sure.

JavinoX

07-18-2012

RIOT, what do you guys think? let's hear from you guys.