Should we add a Kicking player option in Ranked Draft?

Yes, PLEASE 296 63.11%
No, It will not work 173 36.89%
Voters: 469. You may not vote on this poll

Adding a boot option for Troll Prevention

First Riot Post
12345612 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Noobius Maximus

07-12-2012

I think it sounds like a good place to start, as long as it requires that 4/5 votes to make it happen. I've had ranked champ selections get held hostage too often by some clown spammin' "TOP OR AFK", etc... this issue also ties in pretty well with the discussions throughout the forums about tweaking the matchmaking system to allow for a bit more specificity about what roles you can/will fill in a game. I think between the two it could seriously improve the game if Riot could find a way to make it happen.

JavinoX

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratus View Post
Addressing the issue of who should be able to initiate a kick vote, I think that anyone should be able to. However, I think that the kick option should only exist in the game lobby and not as an in game option.
The only reason I say that anyone should be able to initiate the vote is because, as unlikely as it may be, the first pick can be a troll, could be afk for bans and then gets auto locked into a role that he/she didn't want or that was already designated as someone else's position.
I think that a kick option in the lobby would definitely help improve the game experience by reducing the amount of trolling players are exposed to as well as avoiding having a bad game due to someone else's connectivity issues not cause by pvp.net servers.
I said kick option available during draft... I've mentioned that this will only happen during draft, which is the champ selection in the beginning. But yes this will definitely help get rid of trollers in action. Also it wouldn't be a good idea for everyone being able to kick because this can be abused alot if anyone can initiate the kick vote. I think captains should be the only ones to initiate kicking player on the team ( but if captain is trolling, second person in line can decide to kick the captain by initiating a vote then.)

Monoream

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-13-2012

I see huge potential for abuse with the system you suggest

JavinoX

07-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monoream View Post
I see huge potential for abuse with the system you suggest
How so? please explain? also there will be 4 votes needed to kick a player that is obviously trolling, so how can you really abuse this? please explain.

Asterfix

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

07-13-2012

Here's how I see this working. The captain gets to initiate the vote and you need a majority vote to kick (3 out of 5). However we can have a mutiny vote to kick the captain which requires 4 out of 5 votes. When a player gets kicked the champ select resets as if somebody had left the queue. In duo queues, both parties will get kicked and neither get to vote for the process. If you're kicked from queue then there should be no penalty for the first 3 games you're kicked from, but the fourth game in a row you're kicked from you get a 30 minute ban from queueing. If you're a captain and you get a successful mutiny vote on you, you cannot be captain for the next 3 games. Maybe later on they could add in reasons why you're kicking them and it could end up at the tribunal.

EDIT : I just had to dodge my 3rd queue because of two AFK players. Waiting 30 minutes and losing a little ELO for dodging because I don't want to wait 20 minutes and lose 13 elo is ridiculous. We need a chance to avoid these pointless setbacks.

Malak7

07-13-2012

I have a better idea!

I strongly agree with both sides of the argument BUT

What if instead we just gave people the option to re-que with the push of a button?

Instead of voting someone out, just leave! Got a guy claiming to feed? Player only knew how to play mid and didn't speak up? Don't disconnected or use a rickety vote kicking systems, Re-Que!

How will it work?
After a player hits re-que they are asked if they are sure they want to do this and given how many re-ques they have. After the player accepts, he is bumped back to the bottom of the que so as to not re-que with the troll thus defeating the purpose. Riot can provide a max of three re-ques or even just one per ranked game played.

But there are drawbacks to this to!
Yes! But there are way fewer then having a vote kicking system. Vote kicking is a permanent solution to trolls in the ques but can be abused. Re-queing from the game provides very little abuse. If the troll wants to keep re-queing then he's only hurting himself and maybe delaying games by at least a minute before they run out of re-ques. It is still possible for the troll to maybe follow you through this system but then that's probably because you provoked him lol.

This could be shot down by some undermining flaw that I'm not seeing but I see this being way easier to implement and less abusive.

(Side notes)
Would be nice to report people in the que along with in game with this feature implemented.

Also maybe we could call it de-que? Exactly like disconnecting except no ban with limited times to do it.

JavinoX

07-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scatman77 View Post
I have a better idea!

I strongly agree with both sides of the argument BUT

What if instead we just gave people the option to re-que with the push of a button?

Instead of voting someone out, just leave! Got a guy claiming to feed? Player only knew how to play mid and didn't speak up? Don't disconnected or use a rickety vote kicking systems, Re-Que!

How will it work?
After a player hits re-que they are asked if they are sure they want to do this and given how many re-ques they have. After the player accepts, he is bumped back to the bottom of the que so as to not re-que with the troll thus defeating the purpose. Riot can provide a max of three re-ques or even just one per ranked game played.

But there are drawbacks to this to!
Yes! But there are way fewer then having a vote kicking system. Vote kicking is a permanent solution to trolls in the ques but can be abused. Re-queing from the game provides very little abuse. If the troll wants to keep re-queing then he's only hurting himself and maybe delaying games by at least a minute before they run out of re-ques. It is still possible for the troll to maybe follow you through this system but then that's probably because you provoked him lol.

This could be shot down by some undermining flaw that I'm not seeing but I see this being way easier to implement and less abusive.

(Side notes)
Would be nice to report people in the que along with in game with this feature implemented.

Also maybe we could call it de-que? Exactly like disconnecting except no ban with limited times to do it.
I totally understand where you are coming from but let's say we do reque, that means the party you are with will be re-qued also. In my knowledge, you will end up with the same group of people if you are re-qued since the people you were in qued with will be also re-qued. I think this is one of the ideas that can be thought of but in the end, you'll be going through a cycle. I don't really think this will help to prevent trolls.

JavinoX

07-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asterfix View Post
Here's how I see this working. The captain gets to initiate the vote and you need a majority vote to kick (3 out of 5). However we can have a mutiny vote to kick the captain which requires 4 out of 5 votes. When a player gets kicked the champ select resets as if somebody had left the queue. In duo queues, both parties will get kicked and neither get to vote for the process. If you're kicked from queue then there should be no penalty for the first 3 games you're kicked from, but the fourth game in a row you're kicked from you get a 30 minute ban from queueing. If you're a captain and you get a successful mutiny vote on you, you cannot be captain for the next 3 games. Maybe later on they could add in reasons why you're kicking them and it could end up at the tribunal.

EDIT : I just had to dodge my 3rd queue because of two AFK players. Waiting 30 minutes and losing a little ELO for dodging because I don't want to wait 20 minutes and lose 13 elo is ridiculous. We need a chance to avoid these pointless setbacks.
I think you got a great idea but giving people 3 tries before getting a penalty of 30 min ban, will still give a way for trolls to troll for 3 ques. Also 3 out of 5 votes to kick a player seems legit but i think 3 out of 5 votes will probably be abused more than having 4 out of 5 votes to kick a player. Also, I think it is a great idea of kicking the captain for initiating a troll ban. I think that this options is a really good ideal to also prevent trolls for just initiating a ban of a player for no reason.

Zerio777

07-14-2012

i'd rather just have a thing at the end that asks everyone who deserves extra elo loss. if enough vote the troll, he'll sink quicker than you, at least.

i would figure this would also help elo inflation as you wouldn't give any incentive to the trollers team or anybody to give them a reason to have to pick the ****tiest person at the end of a game.

JavinoX

07-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerio777 View Post
i'd rather just have a thing at the end that asks everyone who deserves extra elo loss. if enough vote the troll, he'll sink quicker than you, at least.

i would figure this would also help elo inflation as you wouldn't give any incentive to the trollers team or anybody to give them a reason to have to pick the ****tiest person at the end of a game.
If you do this then what about people at even lower elo to climb up? just putting trollers lower elo isn't gonna solve anything.

12345612 ... 14