Should we add a Kicking player option in Ranked Draft?

Yes, PLEASE 296 63.11%
No, It will not work 173 36.89%
Voters: 469. You may not vote on this poll

Adding a boot option for Troll Prevention

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lovefall

Senior Member

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
On the issue Solo queue/Duo Voting system:

As Riot have witnessed in certain game behavior, 4 people sometimes will try to kick out the 5th person not because the 5th person is a troll, but because the first 4 people believe the 5th person will drag down their ranking or affect their game play negatively. Also as we have seen on some of our regional servers, some players spent a lot of their time research their teammate’s rating. They utilized scripts, hacked client, etc. to accomplish this goal. So giving them a voting system there will be a high chance they will use it for some other purpose.

Before I was talking about “Season 1 Premade”, which is also a ranked mode that still exists in some regional servers (that affect millions of players). While I assume you are referring to “premade” in its general sense. So here is the issue with premades (in the general sense of the word) with the voting system. For SR ranked solo/duo, it will take 2 premade group of two players to control the vote, while in TT it will take 1 premade group.

Also think how will such voting system affect our top 10% or bottom 10% of players.. they get matched to each other quite often, there will be some implications there.

On the issue of discrimination:

In real life, discrimination because of surname is not a new practice. It’s so common that members of some minorities have taken to changing theirs in order to improve their economic prospects. In LoL, what prevents this system gets abused because the summoner's name contains certain religion, racial or culture reference? Please remember LoL is a global game, and our platform deployed not just in NA but also in EU, Asia, and South America.

What is Riot doing about champion select:

This problem you are trying to solve is a big problem, there is no one single solution that can solve it. Riot are building few features right now to combat this issue. Unfortunately I can't give you any details until a later date when it is ready for public preview.
Check this please http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2608074
Thanks a lot.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NeonPink MLG

Junior Member

10-02-2012

Please Riot Put this into the game. That is a GREAT IDEA !!!!
5 Stars


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Tonnes Of Damage

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
It has been explained by Riot Lyte before why such system would not work. I will give few examples and scenarios for your consideration, if such voting system exists:

1) In ranked match, a team could artificially use the voting system to selectively match make with team that they perceived to be weaker, or to use the system to give them an “edge” in match making. Some examples are: “the other side banned my favorite champion, let’s use the vote system to queue dodge” or “they picked my best champion, let’s use the vote system to queue dodge”, “the other side got some high elo players, let’s dodge use the vote system”.

2) In regions that are with culturally, racially, religiously or linguistically diverse population, this system may enable a form of discrimination. A majority can vote kick a player who is not from their country, do not speak their language, do not believe in their religion, or do not belong to the same race. Think about our EU servers, how many countries falls under the EU server region?

3) There is a concern for voting percentage. A 4 man SR premade could kick any one they want regardless if the 5th person is a troll or not. This is especially true in regions where ranked team does not exist, and “premade” still exist. Same concept applies to ranked TT, a premade can out-vote the third player with impunity.

4) There is also a concern that this system’s operational effectiveness is limited. Trolls are not dumb, once they found out such system exist, they will just be “nice” during champion selection and start trolling right afterwards.

5) Time limit on champion select. If we start a vote on one side, and let’s say each person have 10 seconds to press “vote” button. That’s 50 seconds per side for a SR game without any other champion select functionalities getting triggered. The whole champion selection process could take much longer than the current system. This will affect player experience (since many consider the ranked champion selection process is too long already)

These are few examples why vote kick would not work effectively, I am confident there are more reasons why such voting system will not work effectively if we consider this issue more in depth.
Ok, Im sorry to be the ******* to say it, but I think your as wrong as it gets.
The RANKED system in AMERICAN SERVERS is out of control. Every day, every game, no matter what there is always at least one person that is crying because they didnt like the bans, so they troll, or their favorite champ was banned, trollin.

This system would be impossible, or very stupid, to manipulate if it was set up correctly and monitored. This is what the BETA CLIENT was designed for.

I believe a good way to set this up would be for all vote-kicks to be linked with the tribunal and players should have a rating system based off of it. Players should earn the right to vote players off based off the new honor system, if they are found to have lied just to dodge the queue, then they should be punished.

Lets be honest... No one cares about normal games. They are made for pratice and if you are running a team SR, you will have 5 people on your team. Once again, no one cares that much about normal games.

I think another fail safe that could be added is that arranged teams cannot vote kick players. Seeing as normal games are the only one to have more than a duo, just leave this system to ranked, and ranked only.

Another thing that could be put into play would be for players found of being a troll to not be allowed into the ranked system for a set amount of time. The time should be factored based off of their tribunal record, previous vote-kicks, and their honor system. If they are all negative, then why would that player be allowed in the game in the first place?

I know this is a RioT post, but that dont mean everyone needs to agree with it and kiss-ass. This type of thing, or something of similar manner NEEDS to be put into place, and soon. Maybe for the start of season 3?


"In real life, discrimination because of surname is not a new practice. It’s so common that members of some minorities have taken to changing theirs in order to improve their economic prospects. In LoL, what prevents this system gets abused because the summoner's name contains certain religion, racial or culture reference? Please remember LoL is a global game, and our platform deployed not just in NA but also in EU, Asia, and South America."

Once again, we are talking about this client. The NORTH AMERICAN SERVERS. Every client is different in some minute way... If they don't like the idea of adding it to their then whatever. We need it in ours... The ranked queue is out of control.

As I said earlier. I dont care at all about normal or custom games. They are for fun and people just want to have fun and mess around with a champion, try new things out. Normals are made for that. RANKED is not where you play a new champion the day of release or test new things, or just be a total ******* to your entire team because of something they have no control over. Seriously Riot, get it together. People are going to start leaving this game in a hurry if **** don't change.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JavinoX

Member

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by EatShďtAndDďe View Post
Ok, Im sorry to be the ******* to say it, but I think your as wrong as it gets.
The RANKED system in AMERICAN SERVERS is out of control. Every day, every game, no matter what there is always at least one person that is crying because they didnt like the bans, so they troll, or their favorite champ was banned, trollin.

This system would be impossible, or very stupid, to manipulate if it was set up correctly and monitored. This is what the BETA CLIENT was designed for.

I believe a good way to set this up would be for all vote-kicks to be linked with the tribunal and players should have a rating system based off of it. Players should earn the right to vote players off based off the new honor system, if they are found to have lied just to dodge the queue, then they should be punished.

Lets be honest... No one cares about normal games. They are made for pratice and if you are running a team SR, you will have 5 people on your team. Once again, no one cares that much about normal games.

I think another fail safe that could be added is that arranged teams cannot vote kick players. Seeing as normal games are the only one to have more than a duo, just leave this system to ranked, and ranked only.

Another thing that could be put into play would be for players found of being a troll to not be allowed into the ranked system for a set amount of time. The time should be factored based off of their tribunal record, previous vote-kicks, and their honor system. If they are all negative, then why would that player be allowed in the game in the first place?

I know this is a RioT post, but that dont mean everyone needs to agree with it and kiss-ass. This type of thing, or something of similar manner NEEDS to be put into place, and soon. Maybe for the start of season 3?


"In real life, discrimination because of surname is not a new practice. It’s so common that members of some minorities have taken to changing theirs in order to improve their economic prospects. In LoL, what prevents this system gets abused because the summoner's name contains certain religion, racial or culture reference? Please remember LoL is a global game, and our platform deployed not just in NA but also in EU, Asia, and South America."

Once again, we are talking about this client. The NORTH AMERICAN SERVERS. Every client is different in some minute way... If they don't like the idea of adding it to their then whatever. We need it in ours... The ranked queue is out of control.

As I said earlier. I dont care at all about normal or custom games. They are for fun and people just want to have fun and mess around with a champion, try new things out. Normals are made for that. RANKED is not where you play a new champion the day of release or test new things, or just be a total ******* to your entire team because of something they have no control over. Seriously Riot, get it together. People are going to start leaving this game in a hurry if **** don't change.
Wish they can provide us with some solutions


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiekk

Member

10-09-2012

I think the best way to implement something like this is to make it so the chat log PREGAME is recorded, in this fashion people can clearly see that someone is trolling them, and each time a player is kicked in this manner(hopefully not often) it can be reviewed by the tribunal just like a report. with an option for people to decide whether it was a Fair kick, or a que dodge.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Estred Shantile

Senior Member

10-09-2012

I think the option has it's merits but only for Solo/Duo ranked in SR 5v5 for the TT this system would not work a Duo could abuse it in TT but if you cannot have over a 50% majority in 5v5 (three players) then you can't kick. If only implemented to Solo/Duo this ensures that a premade or team cannot abusively kick other players without the consent of either other Solo or Duo queuers.

Ranked Solo/Duo: Implement please.
Ranked 5man... well doesn't matter you have a 5 man team already, are we kicking our friends now?
Normal Draft: DO NOT IMPLEMENT
Normal Blind Pick: ^^^^


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bill the cat20

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Member

10-13-2012

YES PLZ!!! I just joined a ranked game and our team lead was afk didnt ban a single person, so now im being punished because i saved the rest of my team from having to play that game. Cmon riot plz add a player boot option if all 4 players vote then he gets booted and he has to wait for 30 min instead of me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JavinoX

Member

03-11-2013

Still have so many trolls with new system...We should look into this.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dane Belthound

Senior Member

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by RiotKiddington View Post
It has been explained by Riot Lyte before why such system would not work. I will give few examples and scenarios for your consideration, if such voting system exists:

1) In ranked match, a team could artificially use the voting system to selectively match make with team that they perceived to be weaker, or to use the system to give them an “edge” in match making. Some examples are: “the other side banned my favorite champion, let’s use the vote system to queue dodge” or “they picked my best champion, let’s use the vote system to queue dodge”, “the other side got some high elo players, let’s dodge use the vote system”.

2) In regions that are with culturally, racially, religiously or linguistically diverse population, this system may enable a form of discrimination. A majority can vote kick a player who is not from their country, do not speak their language, do not believe in their religion, or do not belong to the same race. Think about our EU servers, how many countries falls under the EU server region?

3) There is a concern for voting percentage. A 4 man SR premade could kick any one they want regardless if the 5th person is a troll or not. This is especially true in regions where ranked team does not exist, and “premade” still exist. Same concept applies to ranked TT, a premade can out-vote the third player with impunity.

4) There is also a concern that this system’s operational effectiveness is limited. Trolls are not dumb, once they found out such system exist, they will just be “nice” during champion selection and start trolling right afterwards.

5) Time limit on champion select. If we start a vote on one side, and let’s say each person have 10 seconds to press “vote” button. That’s 50 seconds per side for a SR game without any other champion select functionalities getting triggered. The whole champion selection process could take much longer than the current system. This will affect player experience (since many consider the ranked champion selection process is too long already)

These are few examples why vote kick would not work effectively, I am confident there are more reasons why such voting system will not work effectively if we consider this issue more in depth.

These reasons are bogus.

1) You have done NOTHING in troll/rager/afk prevention and every time a better option comes along than what we have currently you shut it down. This IS a better option than what we have. I don't get reduced LP loss for the 3v5 I played or the 40 or 50 RANKED 4v5 I have played this season. I got full LP loss. I got no escape from these games. I cannot even surrender early ffs. I am stuck in game for 20 minutes watching my team get pummeled.

2) This would ONLY be added to ranked solo/duo Queue at which point NONE of the situations you brought up where vote kick would be abused would even apply. Just because I didn't get my favorite champion, doesn't mean 3 other players on my team would manipulate vote kick. That would RARELY happen that you could get others on board with that.

4 man premade wouldn't even have the OPTION to abuse it because this would ONLY be applied to the hell hole of Solo/Duo Q.

3) Trolls WOULDN'T nicey nice their way through it. You ignorance and lack of play shines here.

Trolls don't come into queue and tell everyone they are going to troll. FFS MAN. They come into Q, don't get what they want, rage, make an obvious troll pick in hopes that someone will dodge and when they get into game 50% of the time they dick around and the other 50% they desperately try do well because they realize they are getting at least 4 reports.

These people are not broadcasting their troll. They are doing it in response to not getting their own way. They will continue to complain about not getting their own way, but with a vote kick system they won't try to force the rest of us to dodge the game as a result because they know they will get kicked from queue.

As for the time limit. Who cares. Id rather spend a few more minutes in queue then spend my time dodging games, and getting sucked into games that are pure hell.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arcticfury

Senior Member

03-12-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane Belthound View Post
These reasons are bogus.

1) You have done NOTHING in troll/rager/afk prevention and every time a better option comes along than what we have currently you shut it down. This IS a better option than what we have. I don't get reduced LP loss for the 3v5 I played or the 40 or 50 RANKED 4v5 I have played this season. I got full LP loss. I got no escape from these games. I cannot even surrender early ffs. I am stuck in game for 20 minutes watching my team get pummeled.

2) This would ONLY be added to ranked solo/duo Queue at which point NONE of the situations you brought up where vote kick would be abused would even apply. Just because I didn't get my favorite champion, doesn't mean 3 other players on my team would manipulate vote kick. That would RARELY happen that you could get others on board with that.

4 man premade wouldn't even have the OPTION to abuse it because this would ONLY be applied to the hell hole of Solo/Duo Q.

3) Trolls WOULDN'T nicey nice their way through it. You ignorance and lack of play shines here.

Trolls don't come into queue and tell everyone they are going to troll. FFS MAN. They come into Q, don't get what they want, rage, make an obvious troll pick in hopes that someone will dodge and when they get into game 50% of the time they dick around and the other 50% they desperately try do well because they realize they are getting at least 4 reports.

These people are not broadcasting their troll. They are doing it in response to not getting their own way. They will continue to complain about not getting their own way, but with a vote kick system they won't try to force the rest of us to dodge the game as a result because they know they will get kicked from queue.

As for the time limit. Who cares. Id rather spend a few more minutes in queue then spend my time dodging games, and getting sucked into games that are pure hell.
I believe you are confusing troll with toxic players. Toxic players will do as they wish without regard to you. They often want to win but they want their way more than the win, this is a toxic player. This player won't just stay silent.

A troll is a player that wants to log in and just ruin the game for the sole purpose of ruining the game. They don't just want their way. This person would indeed find a new way to disrupt the game, and they don't want to force a dodge, they want to force the game to start and then troll so that you lose.

So your argument doesn't hold water on this point because you are changing definitions.