Should we add a Kicking player option in Ranked Draft?

Yes, PLEASE 296 63.11%
No, It will not work 173 36.89%
Voters: 469. You may not vote on this poll

Adding a boot option for Troll Prevention

First Riot Post
1234511 ... 14
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

JavinoX

06-24-2012

I'm sure that I am not the only person that have thought of this but hey why not bring it up? Trolling is part of LOL especially at a low elo.

In Solo/Duo Ranked matches, people lose games due to trollers picking whatever they want to pick to play. This is very frustrating for those people who are trying to climb up the elo ladders, so why don't we add an option for the captain to initiate banning a player during champ selection to reset the draft?

Also 4 out of 5 votes needed for that player to be kicked out of the draft would make things alot easier. Please RIOT, this system might work towards prevention of TROLLING in LOL.

We need this option because dodging a que because of the trollers or afkers will put you in 30 mins and the second dodge will put you away from game for one hour. This is ridiculous imo.

Also by any chance if we get this option in place, people who gets banned should have their ques lengthened like the people who dodge ques to make people rethink about trolling. (Just an idea)

(Another Idea) If the captain initiates stupid champion bans or afk, the second person in line can initiate the banning of a captain for trolling. Also need 4 out of 5 votes to do so. So basically the captain can initiate booting any player on the team for trolling and the second person in charge can initiate booting a captain for trolling for stupid champion bans and so forth. (This is just an idea, doesn't necessarily have to be implemented)

Champ selection is very important because not being able to have the right set up going into the game can break your team resulting in 20 min surrender. By having this option, it can at least give you that piece of mind that you will have the proper set up going into the game and also having the option to weed out trollers and AFKers. In game play is where you cannot control so tribunal system will be used for that.

This option will definitely enhance the game to be more enjoyable. Please Riot, lets get this option available to us Thank you. Let's get some votes on this guys.

ness777777777777

06-25-2012

I Agree 100% but if you think about it, what if there is a group of troll's and all they are doing is kicking ppl from party over an over. there we always be trolls and everyone has to just deal with it.(troll are in every game you play not just league)

DrDinglesnorf

06-25-2012

Honestly, I'm glad there isn't a kick option. Sure it would help get rid of trolls, but, more often than not, people will get kicked BY trolls. I tried to play HoN as soon as it went F2P and I couldn't complete a single match without getting kicked because I didn't buy boots first, or I died first, or just kicked because I was far away from a team fight and couldn't get there fast enough.
Honestly, the reason why I play LoL is because it didn't have that system and I actually had the chance to get better and play.

Cool idea, but I don't see it working out, sorry.

JavinoX

07-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ness777777777777 View Post
I Agree 100% but if you think about it, what if there is a group of troll's and all they are doing is kicking ppl from party over an over. there we always be trolls and everyone has to just deal with it.(troll are in every game you play not just league)
There is a risk for all types of new changes but like what i mentioned above by giving the captains to initiate the bans and probably having 4 votes to kick the player will do the job imo. In solo ques, you will hardly find more than 1 troller per match. I think this will even things out by giving the captain more resposiblity to carry a team into the match.

bradles

07-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by keberoshellhound View Post
Honestly, I'm glad there isn't a kick option. Sure it would help get rid of trolls, but, more often than not, people will get kicked BY trolls. I tried to play HoN as soon as it went F2P and I couldn't complete a single match without getting kicked because I didn't buy boots first, or I died first, or just kicked because I was far away from a team fight and couldn't get there fast enough.
Honestly, the reason why I play LoL is because it didn't have that system and I actually had the chance to get better and play.

Cool idea, but I don't see it working out, sorry.
The kick option wouldn't be available in-game, only during champ select. You couldn't get kicked for not buying boots or first blood or a bad play or whatever.

bradles

07-09-2012

Quote:
solo/duo queue means exactly that. Solo/duo. That means the largest troll group size is 2, which is half the size it needs to be if they want to randomly kick people, Although it is true that duo's usually get first pick.

JavinoX

07-09-2012

Quote:
I understand where you guys are coming from but mostly in Ranked que you will hardly find more than 1 troller per that round since you can only duo solo que. thats why you want ONLY the captain to initiate the banning of the troller to minimize the troll bans for no reason. The main reason is that usually first picks rarely troll from my experience. I think this will definitely work to give the captains to ban the troller during champ select.

Also giving that responsibility to the captain will make the first pick mean even more.

mtma3

07-11-2012

What if the captain is trolling? The selection of the captain is totally random now, it should be possible for anyone to initiate it.

JavinoX

07-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtma3 View Post
What if the captain is trolling? The selection of the captain is totally random now, it should be possible for anyone to initiate it.
well i understand that but usually first picks rarely troll from my 800 games in ranked. There will be ups and downs in every change but i think giving the captains the initiation of the bans will minimize the troll bans. If we let all players the option to ban, then that would be out of hand for sure.

Eratus

07-12-2012

Addressing the issue of who should be able to initiate a kick vote, I think that anyone should be able to. However, I think that the kick option should only exist in the game lobby and not as an in game option.
The only reason I say that anyone should be able to initiate the vote is because, as unlikely as it may be, the first pick can be a troll, could be afk for bans and then gets auto locked into a role that he/she didn't want or that was already designated as someone else's position.
I think that a kick option in the lobby would definitely help improve the game experience by reducing the amount of trolling players are exposed to as well as avoiding having a bad game due to someone else's connectivity issues not cause by pvp.net servers.

1234511 ... 14