Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Generic Rune Pages

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxxLumberJackxxX

06-24-2012

Hey Guys,
I am one of those noobs who only has 3 rune pages so I'm trying to make them relatively generic for AD, AP, Tank.

Page 1-For ad I have +25 Armor Pen and +16 AD@18 using armor pen quits.
My AD mains chars are WW, Garen, Ashe, and I'm learning Tryn, Yi, and Graves

Page 2-For ap I have +15 Ap, +19 AP@18 +3.4 Magic Pen, 7% CD Runes (I should replace CD with Magic pen?).
My ap mains are Veigar, Support Ali

Page 3-Tank- It's kind of clusterf!ck since I don't actually use this page much since I don't have good runes. When i tank it's usually Cho or Ali so I've been using my page 2. HP/5 and flat HP right now. I might turn this into a Garen/WW page using Move speed, AD, and Pen.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warrrrax

06-25-2012

Your main problem is that you want to make each TYPE of rune be as efficient as possible.

Armor Pen is great for red, but sucks for yellow/blue.
AP sucks for red, yellow, but good for Blue.

I'd recommend the following:

RED - 9 Armor Penetration, 9 Magic Penetration, 9 Attack speed (jungling,optional)

YELLOW - 9 flat armor. MAYBE 9 health per level for your AP mid page.

BLUE - 9 magic resistance per level. Useful for EVERYONE! MR is hardest to get and a free 26 MR @18 is a pretty big deal. Better than the flat 13 MR for most positions.

QUINTS: 3 Armor Pen, 3 Magic Pen OR AP (magic pen is more universally useful).