Confused

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muraji2

Junior Member

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistWrist View Post
Pfft, who cares about Muraji2. He already lied about how many leaves he has and his obvious leaving pattern.



Tribunal != Leaver Buster.



Professional isn't the word that you are looking for.

Also.

Look at all the things that I -1'd! Not that it matters either way.
Great argument coming from you, thanks...

(Should be a clue for the threads that end this way for you that you may be wrong)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muraji2

Junior Member

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercykil1er View Post
@OP


You are new to this game, so you really have not learned that what leaver means to this game. Sometimes I also had to leave a game or my connection just died for no reason. In rank games I lost elo for that.

Everytime it happened(mind you, I had over a thousand games played and it happened about less than 10 times), I felt sincerely sorry for my teammates, and even for my opponents. Cause I know how I ruined their effort into this game.

If you know you will have your dinner up in 30 min, or if you have to answer the phone any minute, you should NOT start a game. You should do anything else but try to play and potentially ruin a game where rest of players dedicated their time to the game.


If you really understand what you did wrong(you claim you understand the ban), then we wouldnt be hearing your complaint about the 1-day ban is too long etc.

I guess my post wont change your mind a bit, after all there are better worded post above me already and you merely 'ignore' them and keep telling us how unfair the ban/ban period is. But still.
Totally agree bro, my bad. So should I be punished with a 1 day ban for agreeing with you after I see my 20-20 (hindsite) wrong doing? I don't think so...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TwistWrist

Senior Member

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muraji2 View Post
Great argument coming from you, thanks...

(Should be a clue for the threads that end this way for you that you may be wrong)
Oh, so are you arguing that you aren't a liar with a 10% leave rate?

By the way, was pointing out that your garbage accusations were wrong. Should be used to being wrong by now. Either way, keep whining.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Monsieur Useless

Junior Member

06-25-2012

Not sure why the Red or the beta invitee Emissary didn't bother to explain this, but I'll give it a try.

Muraji2, this game belongs to the MOBA genre, much like Dota. At its very core, it requires 5 players working together as a team to accomplish set objectives. Unlike an online fps, or even an mmorpg, missing one or more teammates here will cripple your team and net the other team an almost guaranteed win. As an example, in Dota, where leavers are allowed , only ten out of every hundred games started, got completed eventually. This is because people decided to leave games whenever they wanted, for whatever valid reasons they had. LeaverBuster is there to prevent that from happening, and nothing else.

Riot's biggest mistake/oversight on their part is that they have never bothered to explain this difference (b/w other multiplayer online games and LoL) to the newer players who have joined the community. And there are quite a few of them (15-20 million players, I believe). This is just some simple lines of text that could've been put up in the tutorial on Battle Training. Unlike Counter Strike or , say, Guild Wars, leaving your team here is not acceptable. A lot of new players come here with that mentality (simply because they have been used to leaving games), and assume that its ok to do the same here. The temporary suspensions you receive from LeaverBuster are only there to make you understand that it is not.

As for your team, if they don't wanna surrender, just tolerate them and stick it out until the inevitable happens. If you don't leave any more games, Leaverbuster should reset itself eventually.
Also, with millions of players online every day, I don't think sending a customized email (just cause you paid $15) is a feasible idea. Ignore the acerbic tone of most of the people responding to you. That's something you have to get used to when you decide to post on the forums (they represent less than 10% of the actual LoL community).

Sorry about your ban. Best of luck in your future games.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bluemoonprncss

Member

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LegionOf******* View Post
Not sure why the Red or the beta invitee Emissary didn't bother to explain this, but I'll give it a try.

Muraji2, this game belongs to the MOBA genre, much like Dota. At its very core, it requires 5 players working together as a team to accomplish set objectives. Unlike an online fps, or even an mmorpg, missing one or more teammates here will cripple your team and net the other team an almost guaranteed win. As an example, in Dota, where leavers are allowed , only ten out of every hundred games started, got completed eventually. This is because people decided to leave games whenever they wanted, for whatever valid reasons they had. LeaverBuster is there to prevent that from happening, and nothing else.

Riot's biggest mistake/oversight on their part is that they have never bothered to explain this difference (b/w other multiplayer online games and LoL) to the newer players who have joined the community. And there are quite a few of them (15-20 million players, I believe). This is just some simple lines of text that could've been put up in the tutorial on Battle Training. Unlike Counter Strike or , say, Guild Wars, leaving your team here is not acceptable. A lot of new players come here with that mentality (simply because they have been used to leaving games), and assume that its ok to do the same here. The temporary suspensions you receive from LeaverBuster are only there to make you understand that it is not.

As for your team, if they don't wanna surrender, just tolerate them and stick it out until the inevitable happens. If you don't leave any more games, Leaverbuster should reset itself eventually.
Also, with millions of players online every day, I don't think sending a customized email (just cause you paid $15) is a feasible idea. Ignore the acerbic tone of most of the people responding to you. That's something you have to get used to when you decide to post on the forums (they represent less than 10% of the actual LoL community).

Sorry about your ban. Best of luck in your future games.
i follow this thread n dislike (not by action) some responses to this OP. i think this is the best post of all. i still think a day is too long but after reading this, at least i can say "oh well, it sucks but they've got to do what they need to do then" and move on. thanks for explaining and understanding. if everyone else is like you (even the admin/the one with the green logo), this discussion would be dismissed voluntarily in just a feel posts. again, it's all about the way you talk to people/choose your words.

some posts here i even feel that the writer (not the OP) thinks they have power and look down on you. again, its their business, they can do whatever they want, i just point out the ugliness.

i never knew there was a ban in place until one person told me his account was just released and i had to ask why it got suspended. then again, if i say i didnt know, some people will say there is a code somewhere and its my fault not to read it, yes i know. for that reason i will shut up then. with new players like me, being treated unkind and looked down upon in games are fairly common and i have grown to accept it. Kudooooooo to the OP for standing up for what he believes in no matter what others say otherwise. doesnt matter if the majority disagrees, if you feel you dont deserve it, you got to say it, everything has to start somewhere.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

GON the Mage Guy

Senior Member

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoonprncss View Post
i follow this thread n dislike (not by action) some responses to this OP. i think this is the best post of all. i still think a day is too long but after reading this, at least i can say "oh well, it sucks but they've got to do what they need to do then" and move on. thanks for explaining and understanding. if everyone else is like you (even the admin/the one with the green logo), this discussion would be dismissed voluntarily in just a feel posts. again, it's all about the way you talk to people/choose your words.

some posts here i even feel that the writer (not the OP) thinks they have power and look down on you. again, its their business, they can do whatever they want, i just point out the ugliness.

i never knew there was a ban in place until one person told me his account was just released and i had to ask why it got suspended. then again, if i say i didnt know, some people will say there is a code somewhere and its my fault not to read it, yes i know. for that reason i will shut up then. with new players like me, being treated unkind and looked down upon in games are fairly common and i have grown to accept it. Kudooooooo to the OP for standing up for what he believes in no matter what others say otherwise. doesnt matter if the majority disagrees, if you feel you dont deserve it, you got to say it, everything has to start somewhere.
I think part of it is the condescending/entitled attitude that some new players have sometimes (in this thread, it's coming from both directions). A lot of the times it seems is they're punished for doing something, don't realize why, and blame the system for doing what it's supposed to. In this case (and proven with the summoner's stats) he left for 10% of his games and was punished. The length of time is debatable; however, if it's a bit more harsh than it should be, that should be incentive enough not to do it again, or that they quit playing. If they quit playing, chances are they were going to make a habit of it if something that minor upsets them.

This thread's gone on way too long for a 1 day ban...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TwistWrist

Senior Member

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoonprncss View Post
i follow this thread n dislike (not by action) some responses to this OP. i think this is the best post of all. i still think a day is too long but after reading this, at least i can say "oh well, it sucks but they've got to do what they need to do then" and move on. thanks for explaining and understanding. if everyone else is like you (even the admin/the one with the green logo), this discussion would be dismissed voluntarily in just a feel posts. again, it's all about the way you talk to people/choose your words.

some posts here i even feel that the writer (not the OP) thinks they have power and look down on you. again, its their business, they can do whatever they want, i just point out the ugliness.

i never knew there was a ban in place until one person told me his account was just released and i had to ask why it got suspended. then again, if i say i didnt know, some people will say there is a code somewhere and its my fault not to read it, yes i know. for that reason i will shut up then. with new players like me, being treated unkind and looked down upon in games are fairly common and i have grown to accept it. Kudooooooo to the OP for standing up for what he believes in no matter what others say otherwise. doesnt matter if the majority disagrees, if you feel you dont deserve it, you got to say it, everything has to start somewhere.
Except the OP has been lying about how many leaves he has and his original statement was that Riot was a bunch of cheats trying to steal his money. And that his ban was ridiculous because of how much money he spent.

Don't think people posted in the way they did because he is new. People posted the way they did because OP was being ridiculous and blamed everything on everyone else. There isn't anyone in NPF that hates new players.

His punishment is his own fault no matter what he believes.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OneNoobPanda

Recruiter

06-26-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muraji2 View Post
K, but why not send that letter to me (pretyped) in a e-mail? Why give me a 24 hour ban? I mean I literally have payed you money (and was planning on more)... A one hour ban woulda been fine? A 2 hour ban woulda been fine? but 24-hours for a new player? I heard (from your website/read) that it was 1 hour - 7 days? Are you serious? I got the 1 day ban? I can't justify this and I won't ragequit your game but wow.... I"m sorry I love your game, but wow....

Okay, I think you should be WAY more descriptive of your ban tables... yes this means people will abuse them but this also means that n00bs like myself wont fall under the bomb shell...

I can't believe I have to go without 24 hours of play after blowing 15 bucks in the passed two days. In which I was banned for leaving two games, in which, I felt we had lost...

In food for thought, I understand your policy but was 24 hours really necessary?

I think not
O.k here's your basic run down on suspensions 1st offense often a warning (Sometimes 1 hour) 2nd offense (24 hours) 3rd offense (72 hours) from there on I don't know I'm guessing ban well hope i helped you .