Confused

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muraji2

Junior Member

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
You're comparing Apples to oranges. That's 8 hours of time lost for people who had no choice, to X amount of time lost to you, who caused the problems for the other 8 people. Also note that that one hour they had might have been their only hour of the week, but they managed to finish the game.

There are a TON of people I've talked to that don't have much time, and I've been in this position myself, but they still manage to schedule their time so that they don't have to leave. Certainly real life comes first, but if your life is unpredictable enough (or you can't manage your time), then why should you have the right to disrupt others who can manage their lives' games?
It doesn't matter whether or not it is "apples to oranges", I wasn't arguing that I didn't deserve a ban; I was arguing that a 1 day ban is unjustified for two leave games to a new player...

Refer to the rest of my post for my argument...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kyph

Senior Member

06-25-2012

The reason you're give such a large ban (Actually a 1 day ban is not very high) is because any person can just make an account and go troll. If the ban was only a hour... Imagine the amount of trolls there would be.

Don't quit games just because you're team won't surrender either. I've been in games were we are losing 40 kills to 20, and we mount a comeback. You're playing against real humans that make mistakes, specially new players that are learning.

Make sure each and every game you give it your all, communicating with your team, and you'll find you will win more games. Soon or later, you'll get matched up with better people who communicate just like you.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muraji2 View Post
It doesn't matter whether or not it is "apples to oranges", I wasn't arguing that I didn't deserve a ban; I was arguing that a 1 day ban is unjustified for two leave games to a new player...

Refer to the rest of my post for my argument...
It does matter, because that's the entire basis of your argument...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Rikain

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

06-25-2012

I've noticed that the OP refuses to accept any explanation or logic except his own. Personally I would just leave the thread alone because he isn't going to listen to valid reasoning/explanations.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muraji2

Junior Member

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyphiitz View Post
The reason you're give such a large ban (Actually a 1 day ban is not very high) is because any person can just make an account and go troll. If the ban was only a hour... Imagine the amount of trolls there would be.

Don't quit games just because you're team won't surrender either. I've been in games were we are losing 40 kills to 20, and we mount a comeback. You're playing against real humans that make mistakes, specially new players that are learning.

Make sure each and every game you give it your all, communicating with your team, and you'll find you will win more games. Soon or later, you'll get matched up with better people who communicate just like you.
(Ignoring the other posts that "You are using bad logic." Lawl, so logically I should assume yours is right and mine is wrong how? And they are all strawman arguments. Respect my opinion in your posts and I may address them in a actual reply.)

I don't plan on quitting the game. I didn't leave games either because people weren't surrendering; I left games because something came up and I had to leave :\.

Had I known that I would get a 1 day ban for leaving two games I probably would've managed my time a little better. I guess it is my fault for not sifting through a ToS (Who does this anyways?)

I do give my all to games and I have found that it is more effective. Can be annoying when someone is inherently new to the game and you are like, "Come down here, I'll help you!" and they do the complete opposite.

Also, to address your issue about people getting 1 hour bans so they can troll...

Yeah, you could get a 1 hour ban so that way people like myself, who aren't trolling, would be like WOAH, I need to stop leaving games, these guys are serial, but had I been a troll and I got the 1 hour ban that wouldn't stop me, hello 1 day ban etc etc.

Although this can all be counter argued from the new user with the fact that even someone on a perma-ban can just create a new account and trolololo all day long. (Make new account, join game, leave game, new account, join game, leave game etc etc)

So yeah, I still believe that a 1 day ban was overboard, but I totally agree that some ban was needed to make me think "WOAH, these guys are serious". How long that ban would've been I guess is unknown. It is not my job to write the rules though it is mine to complain about them . (Or how we treat people who break the rules)

Thanks,
Have a good day.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kelron Vladseal

Member

06-25-2012

I have to agree with the OP honestly, I have yet to be banned but leaving 2 games and getting banned 24hours as a brand new player? That is overboard, as stated I could understand an hour and all the way up to maybe 5 hours to show someone not to do it anymore. An entire day however is ridiculous, unless built up over time after being banned more than once.

On this note, do you get banned if you have a d/c and reconnect to the game? Or does that only take place if you leave the game and don't come back? Or if you get d/c and then get stuck in queue so don't make it back can you be banned for that after twice as well?

Also since leavers get banned why is there no system in place for afk? Many, many games kick afk players at the least if they are idle a certain amount of time...


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bluemoonprncss

Member

06-25-2012

ok i am an outsider, i read this thread and am confused by this thread. why does it a person being banned then have to re-buy a champ? I never been banned before and dont plan on being banned anytime soon but i thought if the banning period passes, they can play again with all their champ/IP/XP/runes remain unchanged. Am i missing something here? Does banning mean that you cannot join/play a game but still have access to your account? I was banned like 5-10 min before from leaving the queue. Im new and havent played many champs so if im in queue and all my champs Ive played being selected (which happened twice to me), I will have to leave the queue bc i dont know what to play. I guess what i am saying here is i understand his rationale. He didnt complain about being banned, he just thought 1 day was too much for 2 leaves in 2 days of 12 hours playing, maybe a shorter period would be better. anyway im not justifying anything for him, just saying i understand where he's coming from.

btw, I think if you are gonna be afk, leaving the game is better for players that continues to play bc it gives us a vote yes to surrender. if there is punishment for leavers, what is punishment for AFKers since the leavebuster not gonna pick them up (they still log in, just not playing) and eventhough im new, i constantly face AFKers, sometimes 2vs 5 bots, annoying as hell, cant surrender and have to lose. not sure if this is true but someone once told me surrender is better than losing in the record (again not sure if this is true, pls feel free to confirm it or say otherwise)

sorry im ranting here where is not my post but if someone can answer some of my questions, i would appreciate it.

best.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

bluemoonprncss

Member

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelron Vladseal View Post
I have to agree with the OP honestly, I have yet to be banned but leaving 2 games and getting banned 24hours as a brand new player? That is overboard, as stated I could understand an hour and all the way up to maybe 5 hours to show someone not to do it anymore. An entire day however is ridiculous, unless built up over time after being banned more than once.

On this note, do you get banned if you have a d/c and reconnect to the game? Or does that only take place if you leave the game and don't come back? Or if you get d/c and then get stuck in queue so don't make it back can you be banned for that after twice as well?
to continue your post, i have friends who experiences constant lag and disconnects from the game, he has to relog, with the relog queue, it take hour or more sometimes to relog and by that time, the game is over. as a result, his account was banned, not sure how long, twice. i dont think it is a perm ban but he creates new account to play with me. im just saying the ban system is too harsh on new player and now with the login queue, it makes it more difficult for people leaving game unintentionally (DC). also, pls let me know how to deal with AFKers.

thanks much


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muraji2

Junior Member

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluemoonprncss View Post
ok i am an outsider, i read this thread and am confused by this thread. why does it a person being banned then have to re-buy a champ? I never been banned before and dont plan on being banned anytime soon but i thought if the banning period passes, they can play again with all their champ/IP/XP/runes remain unchanged. Am i missing something here? Does banning mean that you cannot join/play a game but still have access to your account? I was banned like 5-10 min before from leaving the queue. Im new and havent played many champs so if im in queue and all my champs Ive played being selected (which happened twice to me), I will have to leave the queue bc i dont know what to play. I guess what i am saying here is i understand his rationale. He didnt complain about being banned, he just thought 1 day was too much for 2 leaves in 2 days of 12 hours playing, maybe a shorter period would be better. anyway im not justifying anything for him, just saying i understand where he's coming from.

btw, I think if you are gonna be afk, leaving the game is better for players that continues to play bc it gives us a vote yes to surrender. if there is punishment for leavers, what is punishment for AFKers since the leavebuster not gonna pick them up (they still log in, just not playing) and eventhough im new, i constantly face AFKers, sometimes 2vs 5 bots, annoying as hell, cant surrender and have to lose. not sure if this is true but someone once told me surrender is better than losing in the record (again not sure if this is true, pls feel free to confirm it or say otherwise)

sorry im ranting here where is not my post but if someone can answer some of my questions, i would appreciate it.

best.
Sure, I'll answer to the best of my knowledge.

why does it a person being banned then have to re-buy a champ?

Well if I wanted to play the character that I have on my banned account I would have to rebuy the character on new account.

Am i missing something here? Does banning mean that you cannot join/play a game but still have access to your account?

You can't login at all for the given period of time. So I can login on my account here on the website, but I cannot login to the game (It gives me a message, "You have been ban for X reason for Y time")

btw, I think if you are gonna be afk, leaving the game is better for players that continues to play bc it gives us a vote yes to surrender. if there is punishment for leavers, what is punishment for AFKers since the leavebuster not gonna pick them up

Well, afkers do get leavebuster banned. From what I understand, there is a way to report afkers (and then a person reviews the case, afkers get a harsher punishment from what I understand). Also, the system probably has a mode where they can detect if you havn't made any key clicks in the passed five minutes.

Yeah, they annoy the heck outta me too. So weird how I've been classified as this "leaver" that I so despise... I wouldn't despise them so much if it didn't happen every other game. They say it gets better as you move up in skill though. I've only been playing against bots on beginner though so I get matched with all the new players.

Thanks for the reply and I hope I cleared up some confusion.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muraji2

Junior Member

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelron Vladseal View Post
I have to agree with the OP honestly, I have yet to be banned but leaving 2 games and getting banned 24hours as a brand new player? That is overboard, as stated I could understand an hour and all the way up to maybe 5 hours to show someone not to do it anymore. An entire day however is ridiculous, unless built up over time after being banned more than once.

On this note, do you get banned if you have a d/c and reconnect to the game? Or does that only take place if you leave the game and don't come back? Or if you get d/c and then get stuck in queue so don't make it back can you be banned for that after twice as well?

Also since leavers get banned why is there no system in place for afk? Many, many games kick afk players at the least if they are idle a certain amount of time...
Yeah, if you read my above post apparently afker's get the same punishment they just might be harder to detect.