Confused

First Riot Post
123456 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muraji2

06-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreyni View Post
Basically this. I can't word it any better.

One thing I'd like to add though, is money is no reason not to be banned. I've used like $70 or so on this game, and I still wait out my bans with no complaint, because it is my fault for leaving when I did not believe we could win. (This was further proven in a 3v5 when we aced them at our Nexus then got Baron and won the game).

If money prevented bans, trolls would just give Riot $5 and build Revive Smite Evelynn and call top all day.
I agree, totally, but banning new players just because they are new...

Profit motive at work...

TwistWrist

06-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muraji2 View Post
Yeah well bro', I can't commit myself to every game I play, and neither can you.. If they looked at the hours I played that day (instead of the days I played) they could easily see that I had played over 12 hours that day (or at LEAST 10+)
Sounds like a personal problem.

I've never been banned. Neither have a lot of other people.

Time management is a personal skill.

Besides, you know how a game company can make sustained profit? By banning leavers/afkers/idlers that ruin games.

Muraji2

06-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistWrist View Post
Sounds like a personal problem.

I've never been banned. Neither have a lot of other people.

Time management is a personal skill.

Besides, you know how a game company can make sustained profit? By banning leavers/afkers/idlers that ruin games.
Kk, so they ban people for personal life management? gtfo, and yeah I know they sustain a profit like that because if they ban them they rebuy the heroes... this isn't rocket science....

BTW, I expect no further LoL response in this thread....

Muraji2

06-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wilwariniel View Post
Hello, Muraji2, I'm sorry you're feeling frustrated! Our matchmaking system tries to put people with a similar skill level together in games, so that things are balanced. Since you're very new, that means you should also be matched up with other players that are new. This way, a veteran player doesn't stomp all over a game full of new players (whether they mean to or not), and a new player doesn't find themselves in a game full of pros, where they'd be lost.

The good thing about playing with a bunch of other new players is that you can all learn the game together! Sharing knowledge, making mistakes (and learning from them) with others is a great way to make lasting friends that you can play with well into the high levels.

As for leaving, you really have to look at it from the perspective of your teammates. If even you don't like leavers yourself, then why should others have to tolerate them just because you are the one doing it? Why should you get a free pass to potentially ruin the game for four or nine other people? I don't think that's very fair, and I'm sure if somebody else was getting that free pass and kept ruining your games, you wouldn't feel like it is very fair, either.

Try to be patient with other new players. They're learning, just like you! If somebody is griefing you, giving you a hard time, or is purposefully feeding or trolling, then that's another story, and I encourage you strongly to report them. But if you're the only one who wants to surrender consistently, maybe try to take a step back and see why they don't want to give up. They might have a good reason! Tough it out with them, and you might just wind up with a victory that's made all the sweeter for having an awesome comeback!
Just thought I would copy paste some stuff that is copy pasted...

TwistWrist

06-24-2012

Quote:
Kk, so they ban people for personal life management? gtfo, and yeah I know they sustain a profit like that because if they ban them they rebuy the heroes... this isn't rocket science....

BTW, I expect no further LoL response in this thread....
Yes, Riot bans people so they'll rebuy the champs that they can get for free.

Astounding logic there Sherlock.

And no, they ban people for the inability to manage their time. Like you.

You aren't the center of the universe, champ. And you clearly don't understand how businesses work. Your arguments are rather irrational.

Muraji2

06-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistWrist View Post
Yes, Riot bans people so they'll rebuy the champs that they can get for free.

Astounding logic there Sherlock.

And no, they ban people for the inability to manage their time. Like you.

You aren't the center of the universe, champ. And you clearly don't understand how businesses work. Your arguments are rather irrational.
Lawl, love your points... Oh wait, where were they?

Ryuucat Meow Mew

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-24-2012

So I've noticed nobody else has mentioned this, so I might as well do so.

From my understanding the automated leave buster system that issues punishments for leaving games bases it on ratio of left games to games one doesn't leave in a given period of time. That being said, newer accounts are more likely to reach this ratio from a few leaves, due to their low amount of games played. (They exceed the ratio much more easily.)

One could argue that this is unfair, absolutely, and I do understand your frustration. Essentially as you play more games without any leaves, it becomes more difficult for you to be punished for the automated system. However, you should never play in a circumstance where you're unsure if you can play for at least ~40-60 minutes (in SR) straight without any major interruptions. Obviously there will be factors that are out of your control, such as internet issues or emergencies, that's understandable. While an account ban may feel unjustified, you do need to understand (as mentioned before) that games with a leaver potentially ruin the experience for 4 to 9 other players.

The best thing you can do in this situation is simply wait out the temporary ban, and take as many measures as possible to prevent further leaves on your account. Riot doesn't really do any negotiations over bans, so you can't exactly contact support. Never leave a game unless you absolutely have to. Take this, in addition to everything else others have told you and just do your best to promote an enjoyable gaming experience for all those involved.

I think it is difficult to make a flawless automated punishment system, yes. But, in the end, the one Riot has it place right now isn't that unreasonable. A one day ban is minor, and even a few leaves in a small concentrated time frame does seem to be a bit excessive.

I could be wrong on a few details here, I'm just going off of observations. Hopefully this is helpful.

Havocist

06-25-2012

Ryuu has it right. LoL has a system built in to automatically ban leavers.

Muraji2

06-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuucat Meow Mew View Post
So I've noticed nobody else has mentioned this, so I might as well do so.

From my understanding the automated leave buster system that issues punishments for leaving games bases it on ratio of left games to games one doesn't leave in a given period of time. That being said, newer accounts are more likely to reach this ratio from a few leaves, due to their low amount of games played. (They exceed the ratio much more easily.)

One could argue that this is unfair, absolutely, and I do understand your frustration. Essentially as you play more games without any leaves, it becomes more difficult for you to be punished for the automated system. However, you should never play in a circumstance where you're unsure if you can play for at least ~40-60 minutes (in SR) straight without any major interruptions. Obviously there will be factors that are out of your control, such as internet issues or emergencies, that's understandable. While an account ban may feel unjustified, you do need to understand (as mentioned before) that games with a leaver potentially ruin the experience for 4 to 9 other players.

The best thing you can do in this situation is simply wait out the temporary ban, and take as many measures as possible to prevent further leaves on your account. Riot doesn't really do any negotiations over bans, so you can't exactly contact support. Never leave a game unless you absolutely have to. Take this, in addition to everything else others have told you and just do your best to promote an enjoyable gaming experience for all those involved.

I think it is difficult to make a flawless automated punishment system, yes. But, in the end, the one Riot has it place right now isn't that unreasonable. A one day ban is minor, and even a few leaves in a small concentrated time frame does seem to be a bit excessive.

I could be wrong on a few details here, I'm just going off of observations. Hopefully this is helpful.
Hey, thanks for the post. I guess I was more furious with the ban time itself; I wasn't that mad about the ban. I think, as you said, maybe for new players the ban time should be shorter since we can achieve this ratio much quicker. I really just find that a 1 day ban is a bit excessive.

Maybe they could setup their ratio to be more fair to those that just started; for instance, yesterday and the day before were the 2/3 days I played but I'll just call it 2 full days of playing. Out of those two days I left two games. So is that 1 hour of messed up time for 8 people (8 hours potential loss if I left game at start) fair to ban me for 1 day? And out of those games I had probably 15 people afk/leave on me. Well that 15 may be more like 10 but still. I had to put up with it and so when I came across the choice I didn't think that pvp.net took it seriously. Oh and I guess I should add that I left 2 games that were not pvp; rather, they were two games that were co-op vs computer. (I'm still not good enough, at least I don't think, to submit myself to an online game vs others)

Anywho, thanks for the reply and I think I agree that the system may be a little unbalanced towards long term players as apposed to a newcomer like myself. I guess I'll spend today looking up builds or something. Oh well...

EDIT: After reading their rules "The automated system can ban you for anywhere between 1 hour and 7 days. However, we will be auditing the records, and will periodically perma-ban people that hit the 7 day ban too many times."

Where was my 1 hour?

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

06-25-2012

Quote:
Hey, thanks for the post. I guess I was more furious with the ban time itself; I wasn't that mad about the ban. I think, as you said, maybe for new players the ban time should be shorter since we can achieve this ratio much quicker. I really just find that a 1 day ban is a bit excessive.

Maybe they could setup their ratio to be more fair to those that just started; for instance, yesterday and the day before were the 2/3 days I played but I'll just call it 2 full days of playing. Out of those two days I left two games. So is that 1 hour of messed up time for 8 people (8 hours potential loss if I left game at start) fair to ban me for 1 day? And out of those games I had probably 15 people afk/leave on me. Well that 15 may be more like 10 but still. I had to put up with it and so when I came across the choice I didn't think that pvp.net took it seriously. Oh and I guess I should add that I left 2 games that were not pvp; rather, they were two games that were co-op vs computer. (I'm still not good enough, at least I don't think, to submit myself to an online game vs others)

Anywho, thanks for the reply and I think I agree that the system may be a little unbalanced towards long term players as apposed to a newcomer like myself. I guess I'll spend today looking up builds or something. Oh well...

EDIT: After reading their rules "The automated system can ban you for anywhere between 1 hour and 7 days. However, we will be auditing the records, and will periodically perma-ban people that hit the 7 day ban too many times."

Where was my 1 hour?
You're comparing Apples to oranges. That's 8 hours of time lost for people who had no choice, to X amount of time lost to you, who caused the problems for the other 8 people. Also note that that one hour they had might have been their only hour of the week, but they managed to finish the game.

There are a TON of people I've talked to that don't have much time, and I've been in this position myself, but they still manage to schedule their time so that they don't have to leave. Certainly real life comes first, but if your life is unpredictable enough (or you can't manage your time), then why should you have the right to disrupt others who can manage their lives' games?

123456 ... 7