Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Why do my character movements randomly slow?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Little Haley

06-24-2012

My ping is staying at a constant 90-100 but sometimes my champion's movements become slow for 1-2 seconds and then speed up to "make up for lost time", I guess...

imidorifeed

06-24-2012

This is why we need to nerf wither

Raburi

06-24-2012

Happens a lot to me.

Lolibird

06-24-2012

I flashed but instead just ran really fast

dafuq

Boloney

06-24-2012

Could be brief ping spikes. The ping that the game shows is an average, it won't necessarily show very short spikes.

Also, I used to have some weird delays/speedups when the graphics update patch first came out. Turned out the frame rate limiter was to blame, it wasn't scaling animation speed properly as the frame rate changed. In the video settings in-game, there's a frame limit mode drop down box. The default value is "Stable". Try switching it to "Benchmark". Ironically, that made animations much more stable for me.