Should Brutalizer be tossed for something else late-game?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

06-24-2012

Assuming you already built a Youmuu, should you keep the Brutalizer, or ditch it for something like Last Whisper or just flat out heavy AD?

P.S. Check my last Custom Game match for lulz

SierraTangoDelta

06-24-2012

You use the Brutalizer to build the Youmuus though.

erjdrifter

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-24-2012

brut goes into youmuus so no don't buy a second brutalizer.

Jouralto

06-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SierraTangoDelta View Post
You use the Brutalizer to build the Youmuus though.
qft

Thane Soren

Recruiter

06-24-2012

It surprises me how often people say this.

BRUTALIZER IS NOT YOUMUU'S.

It BUILDS INTO Youmuu's, but building a Youmuu and then a Brutalizer does NOT mean you have 2 Brutalizers.

Now back to my question; is it worth keeping through late game?

Asylum Lux

06-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reynfall View Post

It BUILDS INTO Youmuu's, but building a Youmuu and then a Brutalizer does NOT mean you have 2 Brutalizers.

It's not worth getting a Brutalizer when you already have a Youmuu's in the first place.

iSe7eNz

Recruiter

06-24-2012

Quote:

Their point is, why would you even have built a Youmuu's, then another Brutalizer? You've effectively built it twice, since Youmuu's is pretty much the Brutalizer, but just better. Is this even supposed to be a legit question in the first place? If you have the money, why keep it, instead of selling it for a LW or something better the the Brutalizer?

Thane Soren

Recruiter

06-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iSe7eNz View Post
Their point is, why would you even have built a Youmuu's, then another Brutalizer? You've effectively built it twice, since Youmuu's is pretty much the Brutalizer, but just better. Is this even supposed to be a legit question in the first place? If you have the money, why keep it, instead of selling it for a LW or something better the the Brutalizer?
LW is only arguably better than the Brutalizer since BR can hurt squishies a lot deeper than LW can, whereas LW is recommended when the enemy team is mainly tanky (or if your job is to pwn the tanks)

Building a Youmuu's, and then another Brutalizer is like building a Tiamat, and then building a hypothetical "weaker Tiamat" because the first Tiamat's stats are unique (you don't get Youmuu's stats twice by building another Youmuu). You get a climbing benefit by making a Youmuu and then making a Brutalizer.

But the reason why I asked this question is that the BR seems less appealing the longer the game goes on (much like you would build more than one Doran item in early game, to sell them for other items in mid game)

Mizarus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-24-2012

Quote:
LW is only arguably better than the Brutalizer since BR can hurt squishies a lot deeper than LW can, whereas LW is recommended when the enemy team is mainly tanky (or if your job is to pwn the tanks)

Building a Youmuu's, and then another Brutalizer is like building a Tiamat, and then building a hypothetical "weaker Tiamat" because the first Tiamat's stats are unique (you don't get Youmuu's stats twice by building another Youmuu). You get a climbing benefit by making a Youmuu and then making a Brutalizer.

But the reason why I asked this question is that the BR seems less appealing the longer the game goes on (much like you would build more than one Doran item in early game, to sell them for other items in mid game)
Or instead of building another Brutalizer you can just build some other item that will give you more damage despite not having armor reduction

if you praise armor pen so much build a black cleaver instead

Thane Soren

Recruiter

06-24-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mizarus View Post
Or instead of building another Brutalizer you can just build some other item that will give you more damage despite not having armor reduction

if you praise armor pen so much build a black cleaver instead
Why do Talon's recommended items have a Brutalizer + Youmuu's?