NA East Coast Server!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CypriuT

08-27-2013

yea we need a red to confirm or deny this

Cooldude1234

08-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asura Strike View Post
I can almost confirm riot has plans for east coast servers
Any sort of source?

WhoIsThatPokèmon

08-27-2013

I would like to thank you guys for keeping this topic alive. I can only hope that Riot is monitoring this closely or at least waiting for the okay to pop in and say. Well guys expect great things to come.

Thunder God Olaf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooldude1234 View Post
Any sort of source?
Taken directly from an email from player support i got a few days back after complaining about ping and latency

"our third question ties into how we are working on improving latency from coast to coast, but unfortunately I'm not able to discuss our future plans for this. Please keep an eye out on the announcement forums for any future updates on this situation.

And to tie all of this into your fourth question, we do have multiple servers and we are always working on improving them. However, did you know that only ~10% of League of Legends' player base is from North America? We have millions of players from all around the world, and it's important to us to make sure that every player from every country has a positive experience. This includes improving latency for North American players, and I hope that sometime soon you'll be playing with ~30 ping instead of ~100. "

CypriuT

08-28-2013

wow that pretty much confirms it then

WhoIsThatPokèmon

08-28-2013

If that's true then they need to just come out and confirm it rather than wait on it. There's no reason they should just ignore us if it's in motion. They really just should tell us that they're working on implementing new servers for us soon. 10% is only for NA? Did it become abnormally popular in China and India? Because the US is the third most populated country. I don't know very many people in New York who haven't heard of LoL. Except older or non-pc or techy people. I would expect the number of players for LoL in NA to be at least 20-30% out of the world.

CypriuT

08-28-2013

I think its really popular in china they have like 3-4 different servers there.

WhoIsThatPokèmon

08-28-2013

Yeah, kind of ridiculous.. I can't believe how many players they must have over there then. `

Mid or Top Plz

Recruiter

08-28-2013

Riot pls

+1

CypriuT

08-28-2013

come on riot tell us if this is true or not