NA East Coast Server!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thee Best Mid

06-22-2014

Please hurry.

II SpArTaCuS II

06-22-2014

Bump, i just don't understand why they keep focusing on meaningless stuff when their main priority should be fixing the ping of such a large user base while continuing to improve the stability of their game both servers and client. What is the point of having E sports and new skins yada yada when most people can't even enjoy the core port of the game.

Sevendust

06-22-2014

*chant* East Coast Servers*

Global Load Balancing... look it up..

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ðèñšchîrö View Post
It might not help them, but it sure saves our wallets a load, not paying them for a service we aren't getting. I went from $30-60 every two weeks, to not having bought any rp in a few months after realizing just how glaring the lack of service was. It's less about forcing them to change, as much as not paying for services that aren't really being rendered
To be honest, I've stopped buying RP as well, just because I really don't enjoy playing the game with high ping. It's not out of malice or to be spiteful, I just don't feel like buying skins for a game I'm not enjoying as much as I'd like to.

A lot of really nice skins have come out, and are coming out, but I just can't justify purchasing them.
I don't think we should encourage other east costers to stop spending money on RP though. It's up to them to make that decision, and I think they probably will if they get fed up enough with the lag, just like I did and just like you did.

Hopefully some of the money from people who haven't decided to stop spending on RP will go towards getting this server situation solved. >.>

Cpt Obviouss

06-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicatt View Post
Haha. Some guy is like "Do you even know how much servers cost?", and I'm pretty sure he doesn't know either.

Not buying RP isn't going to help the situation, though. If you look at it realistically, if everyone in the east coast stopped buying RP, though it would send a message, would just make it harder for Riot to find room in their budget for servers.

It's sort of a helpless situation, honestly. Nothing we can do will make them feel more inclined to solve high east coast ping. It's already been documented that their sentiment is along the lines of "All we can do is apologize for not being better! Sorry, guys."
It would help them buy servers. If literally everybody from the East coast stopped buying RP and made it known we wouldn't until we have ping at or under 60, Riot would be forced to use money that so far has been collecting dust or buying themselves pizza to buy or upgrade our servers. Right now because people are still giving them money they don't care, but if they realized they were about to lose a couple million dollars in sales over it this year they would have the problem fixed within a month or two.

Aithòs

06-22-2014

I would love to see central servers (which would also help east coast players) become a reality. The problem most people don't realize is the matchmaking impact. Do you base matchmaking purely on MMR or do you weight the queue so that it gives preference to ping? Do West Coast players suddenly start having to play games on central servers? It's a real problem and there isn't a good solution that doesn't split your player base.

I'm going to use Counterstrike as an example because I played competitively for a number of years and my team competed in multiple "divisions". I played central for most of my competitive career but I played atlantic (east) for a season, the skill difference was immense. Central was by far the most competitive division and eastern was the least, Riot doesn't want a situation like that. If I'm a central player and I get to challenger by facing primarily other central players does that mean I'm not as good as someone who got it being a west coast player? That's what Riot wants to avoid, they want it to mean the same thing.

With that being said, when I played competitively I considered anything over 40 ping completely unplayable. I noticed a significant difference in how my shots registered from the 15-20 ping I get to Chicago vs the 55 ping I got to Texas servers. League isn't quite as ping dependent as Counterstrike is, but you can definitely see a difference in skill shots and even CSing. I've been in multiple situations where I was fighting someone and an ability went off (on CD) but didn't do any dmg/effect because of the ping difference where it would have changed the outcome of the fight. That's really frustrating.

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Obviouss View Post
It would help them buy servers. If literally everybody from the East coast stopped buying RP and made it known we wouldn't until we have ping at or under 60, Riot would be forced to use money that so far has been collecting dust or buying themselves pizza to buy or upgrade our servers. Right now because people are still giving them money they don't care, but if they realized they were about to lose a couple million dollars in sales over it this year they would have the problem fixed within a month or two.
That's the issue though, good luck getting enough people on the east coast to even admit that 160 ping being normal is terrible.
And you're not gonna get any west coasters to help out, cuz they're doing just fine and don't care.

So getting enough people to join the movement to make an impact would be extremely extremely difficult.
I've seen countless petitions posted around too, and none of them have gotten more than a few signatures, which shows people can't even be bothered to click a few times for the cause. :\

Cpt Obviouss

06-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cynicatt View Post
That's the issue though, good luck getting enough people on the east coast to even admit that 160 ping being normal is terrible.
And you're not gonna get any west coasters to help out, cuz they're doing just fine and don't care.

So getting enough people to join the movement to make an impact would be extremely extremely difficult.
I've seen countless petitions posted around too, and none of them have gotten more than a few signatures, which shows people can't even be bothered to click a few times for the cause. :\
Let's go protest in person. Stop being lazy nerds, let's do this! They will have to listen if we are screaming it in front of their building. lol...

TWlTCHONLY

06-22-2014

Agreed, seems like mainly people on the east coast are having trouble with chat too

Cynicatt

06-22-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt Obviouss View Post
Let's go protest in person. Stop being lazy nerds, let's do this! They will have to listen if we are screaming it in front of their building. lol...
Their HQ is in Santa Monica, right?
A two-way plane ticket all the way across the US is a little pricey for a protest they'll just ignore anyway... but what the hell. I'll bring eggs and TP, let's do dis ****.