NA East Coast Server!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

NapalmHaze

06-15-2014

"i have a dream" - Martin Luther King Jr.

Cyotekillr

06-15-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by The3HolePuncher View Post
****copying over from the mini thread "Dear Rioters..."*****

What's silly is, they could use existing hardware that they already own and have in place to do a lot of the R&D for this. I'm sure they already use some form of pre-load/post-refresh for summoner stats. Similarly, they already have a server in place on the east coast. They would simply have to allocate a small project of a programming team to developing the coding for the remote pull/refresh, and write the ping optimizing server selector.

In theory, they could do it with the current servers and the Miami-based LAN server. Have some brave volunteers on this side of the Mississippi, like myself, or even some unknowing guinea pigs, like myself, and work on it. Since the client and game client are two different processes(this is easy to tell, considering it populates as a second process on window's task manager, and even with my lesser tech knowledge, I noticed this), have the client on the host on the primary server(the one it's currently on), but shift the loading of the game client to the Miami server(or whichever server pings fastest for the summoners). How difficult would it be to do this, when you really think about it? It's simply loading to a different server location, etc.

The end result of a subtle test like this, would be that if successful, those who are nearer the miami-based server, and ping better off it(again, how complex is a ping checker, with an added math widget to determine that 50 < 100?) will play on it, while those who are closer to the west coast server would play on it. The current player base would act as the control, and players using the new code would act as the test subjects. It could be run as a double-blind study of quality, stability, and game experience, without participants even knowing that they are taking part in software testing.

Sure, testing a game on the live version could be considered a **** move, but other game developers have been doing it for YEARS (think of how many console games, or pc games are released in an unfinished state, and all the bugs are worked out AFTER release, through hot patches).

Riot, I'm handing you keys to the kingdom, you just have to be willing to put in the legwork, resources, and will to see it through, which is what WE ALL WANT.

Also, I put that 2.1k document on a reddit(reddit doesn't care about east coast, it would seem) http://www.reddit.com/r/leagueoflege...atency_issues/
Yup

Miokien

06-15-2014

bump

ares1968

06-15-2014

bump

Rhymes W Hug Me

06-15-2014

do it right god damn NOW RITO

teemoBAMBAM

06-15-2014

WERE MUTED BY RIOT CANT YOU SEE,

WERE ALL MUTED ! ! ! !

UNMUTE THE MUTE ! ! ! !

FAIRNESSS WHERE IS THE FAIRNESS ! !

THERES NO JUSTICE HERE ! !

why the hate for EAST COAST PLAYERS ! !

WHERE IS THE LOVE ! !

WHERE IS THE LOVE ! !

1 DAY I BELIEVE ! !

I BELIEVE !

Zelvyr

06-15-2014

Cynicatt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-15-2014

!

teemoBAMBAM

06-15-2014

i think riot hit us with rengars combo, we all have beeen deleted. g g

Ðoubleamp

06-15-2014

bump