NA East Coast Server!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

thatsafastname

02-25-2014

I can land skillshots and offensive plays well at 80-120 ping but defensively I might as well just stand still and let **** hit me, gets frustrating

gsai

02-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicdeathmonk View Post
Not promising East Coast game servers but I am committing to lower ping time for East Coast players and an attempt to balance ping time for most players to a closer range then we see today between the coasts. So more like centrally located servers for the NA player base (USA and Canada) as best as we can manage given the need for bandwidth, data center services, and other complicated issues about working in different parts of the USA. Servers are in hand, location contract is in work, then magic (though we might need some tweaking after the switch is thrown).

-sonicdeathmonk
Out of curiosity, if servers are moved more centrally, does that mean West Coast with have larger ping? Not saying it wouldn't be more fair to everyone I'm just curious.

Galiwyrr

02-25-2014

bump

MudWrestleMeIRL

02-25-2014

Daily bump of justice

Milli

02-25-2014

What are we to expect guys they can't create a balanced game as it is why would they balance the servers?

Hrud

02-25-2014

Riot, we want East Coast Servers. DotA 2 is looking more and more appealing.

Leonard

02-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sefam View Post
Sigh. You guys don't get it do you?

I live in Montreal, Quebec (Canada). Your servers are on the complete opposite side of the continent. I get about 110ms.

When I play Dota 2 on USEast, I get about 30ms. Your game tries to pride itself on how it's more dynamic and more balanced than Dota. This is unacceptable. I can play any major shooter and I have USEast servers. I can play almost every multiplayer strategy game and they have servers either in central America or somewhere in the east.

More often than not, hitting a spell combo in League doesn't work at a latency this high. Playing anything that involves a lot of dashes like Ahri is a pain up the ass.

http://www.elophant.com/league-of-le...a/353917/skins

I spent so much on this game earlier in its life and you have idea how disappointed at how limp and slow this company is at solving any issues decently. It's been since 2009, get on with the damn program.
They probably want to add central servers because they think that adding east coast servers mandate splitting the playerbase (not true; look at all the other major eSports). Even if splitting the playerbase was the only way, it should still be done out of sheer necessity. Riot just wants to solve this problem with the method that requires them the least effort and money. In other words, they don't care much about our issue.

A central server is them attempting to fix a broken house with duct tape. It won't solve the issues east coast players face, especially for those far north in Canada.

Aabis

02-25-2014

one server for all of north murica this is really not cutting it. my other games are all less than half the ping. i actually miss the pings of games i played 10 years ago ><

D U N K E D

Recruiter

02-26-2014

daily bump

Noobatron26

02-26-2014

I love reading all the posts from little dweebs talking about how it's not the servers it's your isp and crappy internet. They clearly have no idea what they are talking about since more than half of them can't even distinguish there their and they're lmao ...clowns don't post dumb stuff if you can't even spell. I deff. think NA would benefit from a east coast server