NA East Coast Server!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vortex IV

02-25-2014

They don't need an "east coast server" they need a real network spanning across the entire US.

Moonl3ss

02-25-2014

Bump because fu.ck you rito we want equality.

Vashous

02-25-2014

Considering they already have servers in Florida(the LAN servers) I would not think it difficult to make something like this happen. I wonder if they are just worried about dividing the US up because of the division in competition in the US...

Tesin

02-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicdeathmonk View Post
Not promising East Coast game servers but I am committing to lower ping time for East Coast players and an attempt to balance ping time for most players to a closer range then we see today between the coasts. So more like centrally located servers for the NA player base (USA and Canada) as best as we can manage given the need for bandwidth, data center services, and other complicated issues about working in different parts of the USA. Servers are in hand, location contract is in work, then magic (though we might need some tweaking after the switch is thrown).

-sonicdeathmonk
By riots definition of central, we can expect servers in arizona or utah. Look at the current locations, oregon and california really? Couldn't have picked worse locations for the majority of the player base.

Moonl3ss

02-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tesin View Post
The only people who care about dividing up the players is the west coast players. Once you have played on the east coast, all you care about is having a lower ping at any cost cause its so bad.
The west coast players don't even care about that, it wouldn't be dividing up anything because its very possible to have both a west and east server and have them act like one server so that players could play on both sides from either side. This argument is another excuse from rito to keep treating us like **** and to try to divide the community up on the issue so we fight amongst ourselves instead of targeting the real *******s here: Rito.

Cooldude1234

02-25-2014

Quote:
Not promising East Coast game servers but I am committing to lower ping time for East Coast players and an attempt to balance ping time for most players to a closer range then we see today between the coasts. So more like centrally located servers for the NA player base (USA and Canada) as best as we can manage given the need for bandwidth, data center services, and other complicated issues about working in different parts of the USA. Servers are in hand, location contract is in work, then magic (though we might need some tweaking after the switch is thrown).

-sonicdeathmonk
Quote:
We also have truck loads of game servers built and waiting to be delivered closer to the Eastern US Coast as soon as we nail down the best place to put them to benefit the most NA players. This year for sure, hopefully soon. Won't be able to give everyone in the US 20 msec ping time but I think we will achieve getting most player closer to the same ping time (and still keep almost everyone faster than a Ferrari FXX can shift gears).-sonicdeathmonk
Isn't this East Coast servers? New york would be a good place to put them or Boston. Also, if you want central servers why not throw them up in Dallas and Chicago? Should have been done a long time ago. Anyways just glad after 4+ years of 120 ping finally can hopefully see 50 at least

I Eat Gurls

02-25-2014

So thats why those burnt out soda addicts run me over.

MobiIe Ward

02-25-2014

I don't want to be that guy that plays that "money card", but it's true.

The main reason why I don't spend money on this game anymore is because the lag. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. I can't believe Riot is this retarded. They are fuking themselves big time. This isn't the first time a major company has fuked themselves by being greedy with their money.

ttt50xx

02-25-2014

I am going to make a firm commitment to not buy any RP until my ping is consistently under 100. Even then, I'm really looking forward to the Heroes of Storm beta. Blizzard has a lot of experience managing servers.

Fetus In A Tube

02-25-2014

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つGive East Coast servers つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Daily bump
༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つGive East Coast servers つ ◕_◕ ༽つ