NA East Coast Server!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ttt50xx

02-24-2014

You guys at Riot realize that you're giving your competitors ammo to wreck your massive market lead, right? Think about how much of a selling point east coast servers would be to all the people in this thread.

BrightNooblar

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-24-2014

Midwest servers? Take that new englanders!

Brorelia

02-24-2014

why should they make another server when they are having issues with the ones they already have?

acceL 1

02-25-2014

daily bump. rito pls.

Leonard

02-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brorelia View Post
why should they make another server when they are having issues with the ones they already have?
You do realize that adding and diversifying server locations helps to alleviate that issue, right?

Sefam

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-25-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by sonicdeathmonk View Post
Not promising East Coast game servers but I am committing to lower ping time for East Coast players and an attempt to balance ping time for most players to a closer range then we see today between the coasts. So more like centrally located servers for the NA player base (USA and Canada) as best as we can manage given the need for bandwidth, data center services, and other complicated issues about working in different parts of the USA. Servers are in hand, location contract is in work, then magic (though we might need some tweaking after the switch is thrown).

-sonicdeathmonk
Sigh. You guys don't get it do you?

I live in Montreal, Quebec (Canada). Your servers are on the complete opposite side of the continent. I get about 110ms.

When I play Dota 2 on USEast, I get about 30ms. Your game tries to pride itself on how it's more dynamic and more balanced than Dota. This is unacceptable. I can play any major shooter and I have USEast servers. I can play almost every multiplayer strategy game and they have servers either in central America or somewhere in the east.

More often than not, hitting a spell combo in League doesn't work at a latency this high. Playing anything that involves a lot of dashes like Ahri is a pain up the ass.

http://www.elophant.com/league-of-le...a/353917/skins

I spent so much on this game earlier in its life and you have idea how disappointed at how limp and slow this company is at solving any issues decently. It's been since 2009, get on with the damn program.

Thug

02-25-2014

Quote:
Not promising East Coast game servers but I am committing to lower ping time for East Coast players and an attempt to balance ping time for most players to a closer range then we see today between the coasts. So more like centrally located servers for the NA player base (USA and Canada) as best as we can manage given the need for bandwidth, data center services, and other complicated issues about working in different parts of the USA. Servers are in hand, location contract is in work, then magic (though we might need some tweaking after the switch is thrown).

-sonicdeathmonk
Sonic I think that central servers are a great idea. Servers located in Dallas, TX or Chicago, IL truly do give the USA & Canada the best ping time. With servers in those locations both west and east coast will ping 65ms or less to the servers at MAX. East coast will no longer have to deal with this 100-135 ping nonsense.
Central server routing in most cases is MUCH better than west coast server routing, I personally have seen SO many flaws in the routing of west coast servers. Both the Los Angeles, CA and Portland, OR servers that we have been playing on for a very long time have had terrible routing problems in many cases. With that said I myself have seen very few routing issues with servers located in the central United States. Thanks for the update and I look forward on getting everyone in the U.S ^ CA fair connection.

D U N K E D

Recruiter

02-25-2014

daily bump

iainB85

02-25-2014

Quote:

-sonicdeathmonk
Now only if we could get SOME kind of date range... this year, 2015, 2020?

DNAgent

02-25-2014

Quote:

-sonicdeathmonk
I'm not promising that I'll stick around by the time Heroes of the Storm comes out. I'm sure Blizzard is smart enough to know that East Coast servers are a must. As of now I really only play 1 bot game a day on average just for the 1st win of the day due to the horrible ping. If there isn't going to be any East Coast servers then there is really no reason for me to stick around to play a laggy MOBA.