NA East Coast Server!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thefatkidsattack

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2014

Bump

WhoIsThatPokèmon

02-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeZone View Post
What was the good news you posted about?
They were giving us some attention. But, unfortunately we did not receive much for answers.. It was also our first red post, so we could stand out a bit more on the forums.

iMga2483

02-23-2014

We're never going away Rito, never.

Xedrox

02-23-2014

bump

Moonl3ss

02-23-2014

http://www.reactionface.info/sites/d...5834178446.jpg

mfw
>Millions of dollars
>Can't afford US East server

Lactic Acidosis

02-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsThatPokèmon View Post
They were giving us some attention. But, unfortunately we did not receive much for answers.. It was also our first red post, so we could stand out a bit more on the forums.
I wouldn't call it good news it was basically lip service. Basically the jist was yes we can do better by purchasing more bandwidth or getting better routes or changing the way the game communicates with the client.

They did however say they didn't want to split the community implying that we were not to be getting east coast servers.

Fact of the matter is more bandwidth or better routes just aren't going to cut it. Sure our pings might drop slightly but no where near the level to be competitive at this game especially compared to west coasters. That is why it's was kind of an insulting reading what was posted. It was lip service to get people to say riot noticed us but he basically said the problem isn't going to be fixed.

I believe they don't want to do it because of challenger and queue times but they also need to realize this game just isn't fun right now with this ping. I would gladly wait an extra 2-4 minutes in matchmaking knowing I would be getting a better ping then 30 second to 2 minute queue time now.

NeroUS

02-23-2014

Bump

I'm sure just the east coast of NA is a bigger market than BR...

thatsafastname

02-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by NeroUS View Post
Bump

I'm sure just the east coast of NA is a bigger market than BR...
Yes but it was probably cheaper per customer to host a server in BR than it would be in NA. (I don't know, just speculating)

If they did a fund raiser for an east coast server I would donate if thats what it took.

StrikeZone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-23-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatsafastname View Post
Yes but it was probably cheaper per customer to host a server in BR than it would be in NA. (I don't know, just speculating)

If they did a fund raiser for an east coast server I would donate if thats what it took.
I think be servers are in Miami so how is there a price difference? Also I would wager that us east would be bigger them Brazil and the average person on na east would spend more. No proof just speculation.

TyPell

02-23-2014

This thread needs to reach 1k pages. I pledge to bump every day until it hits the goal.