Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

NA East Coast Server!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Touch Connors

Recruiter

06-24-2012

Riot can't even implement a simple patch without blowing the game up, what makes you think they can create a whole new server?

WhoIsThatPokèmon

06-24-2012

Quote:
Tenebrae42:
I mean no offense when I say this, but I'd like a South American server first.
I live in California, and I have no problem with South Americans, but it would make teams flow better, so solo-que doesn't land me in a 289-pinged Portuguese speaking player premade team.

I honestly believe we should have more servers around the globe, but in relativity to the "NA" website and region I feel that this is more relevant to NA. =)

tocanogaz

06-24-2012

Maybe you should be worried about your ISP instead of there severs.

I always have less than 100 ping, and I'm on the east coast in Florida.

ITT: Riot upgrade your servers, because people can't afford decent Internet. I mean there parents can't*

WhoIsThatPokèmon

06-24-2012

Quote:
Touch Connors:
Riot can't even implement a simple patch without blowing the game up, what makes you think they can create a whole new server?

Haha, this is why we should have faith. I think Riot with the "right" kind of help can get this going appropriately.

DownrightEzreal

06-24-2012

Quote:
RantKitty:
~Message to Riot~

As a player and a fan of League, it has come to my attention to try and form much needed support for a much needed investment from Riot whom undoubtedly creates a lot of revenue from it's millions of players. As a voice for everyone on the east coast of North America, I would like Riot to implement a server in support of removing lag for people near the east side of NA, which would allow more fair games for those who get pitted against players with much lower and responsive ping.

~Major Problems~

-Ping is a latency measurement of packets from one network(or system) to another and then back.

The problems for people who are not near California and are stationed more towards the east side of NA is that we suffer latency from anywhere of around 85-250 ping.

With experience a person can make the most of latency by pure estimate or chance, however even an unskilled person knows when net lag caused them their life, an example would be casting your ult as Tryndamere knowing you hit it in time but dying cause of the time it took to send the signal to the server.

Server stress and long log in times are becoming more apparent again as the game grows in popularity everyday. The kind of thing that could be made better by offloading it onto another server setup.

~Recommendations for implementing the Server~

I would like recommend several different ways of implementing this east side server.

-1st recommendation
When setting up the east side server you should allow players to Transfer their accounts from NA West to NA East 2 weeks before you release it in order to keep same account and in game name. While still keeping their accounts on the West side. Riot points should be shared from these transferred accounts if possible.

-2nd recommendation
Although the first one would presumably offload stress from the West server for log ins in so forth this recommendation would simplify setup but increase stress Log in stress but still decrease active game stress from the West Server. Allow all players to access their NA West account on the NA East side by linking the log in from the West to the East and giving players an option on Log In to decide which server to play on.

-3rd recommendation
Make a Copy of all accounts from West side and apply to East side server, then going live allowing players to use their accounts for which ever server but gaining stats separately to that of the other server, but still linking the RP on both servers.

~Last Words~

I know I threw this together in about 10 minutes, and really didn't carefully look through it all, but I'm serious about wanting to have an east side server, if anyone know what I mean they'll know how stupid it is to play with more than 100 ping and how hard it can be to get your character to not charge in like a mindless idiot into battle ignoring your commands. Oh yeah net lags does funny things to our champions.

~~SO PLEASE RIOT! GIVE US HOPE! GIVE US LESS LAG ON THE EAST COAST!~~

Edit: This will also help reduce the chance of getting into teams with players of high ping on for west side. =)

Bahhaahahha No. I am aussie, and get nothing below 211, so if your getting anywhere, FROM 85, just no.

Extent

06-24-2012

I don't think a separate server would be a good idea, since matchmaking would suffer.
Something like having another physical server on the east coast, and then when matched calculating the lowest average ping for each server to decide which to use would be better.

WhoIsThatPokèmon

06-24-2012

Quote:
tocanogaz:
Maybe you should be worried about your ISP instead of there severs.

I always have less than 100 ping, and I'm on the east coast in Florida.

ITT: Riot upgrade your servers, because people can't afford decent Internet. I mean there parents can't*

I have a friend in Florida he has Road Runner, and he gets around 92 ping, however where I'm at me and my friends can only get DSL and if it's in NY or Virginia we get 12 ping to the servers, but LoL server we get anywhere from 96-150 ping. On a bad day we usually see 200 ping or more. =(

the fact remains that if it was East side your ping would be around 30-40 which mean you'll respond more than twice as fast.

ËV Flareon

06-24-2012

Australia Server > NA East Cost Server 200+ ping too strong.

Kiwibait

06-24-2012

I while in Georgia and I don't have any latency issues,
its probably a problem with your ISP and not Riot's server.

WhoIsThatPokèmon

06-24-2012

Quote:
locharado101:
Bahhaahahha No. I am aussie, and get nothing below 211, so if your getting anywhere, FROM 85, just no.

Please understand I'm trying to relate it to NA, I'm more than well aware of how there should be more servers to support a lot of mainstream countries. =)