NA East Coast Server!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhoIsThatPokèmon

01-29-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Foro View Post
This isn't something we're ignoring - but it's not something that is going to happen overnight either. Can't divulge any plans right now but we're working on improving latency for everyone in North America (and of course, the rest of the world in their own regional enviroments).

PS @ O.P. - light travels at less than two-thirds of the speed of light through glass, and data through copper is even slower. Might want to readjust those calculations a little!
Sweet, I figured there is a minor slow down based on the materials. I'll have to add them. Thanks for the update.

WhoIsThatPokèmon

01-29-2014

I think that with the new team builder screen, that the option to select game servers in NA should be an option as well.

mythosmc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2014

Quote:
This isn't something we're ignoring - but it's not something that is going to happen overnight either. Can't divulge any plans right now but we're working on improving latency for everyone in North America (and of course, the rest of the world in their own regional enviroments).

PS @ O.P. - light travels at less than two-thirds of the speed of light through glass, and data through copper is even slower. Might want to readjust those calculations a little!
Servers moved to a centralized location on the North American continent I hope!!!

D U N K E D

01-29-2014

Bump

Alphabet

01-29-2014

Quote:

>>>>LIP SERVICE<<<<

AKA F off.

This is they only game that has a problem adding multiple server locations in the U.S.. "we're working on improving latency for everyone in North America" is useless. SERVER LOCATION is what is NEEDED and wanted. That is what will fix/improve east coast latency to be close to on par with the west coast.

East coast latency is bronze level
West coast latency is diamond level *cough* suck it *cough*

Come back when you have something other than LIP SERVICE.

Deadlifts

01-29-2014

it's simply not fair having to play against people who have 20-30ms while you have as high as 150ms as an east coaster

B0red0mFTW

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-29-2014

Quote:

I dont even...
Players have been asking from an eastern server for years.

first time Vayne

01-29-2014

I still think we should just all migrate to and take over Latin America North, to send a message if nothing else.

LittleUrsus

01-29-2014

While I like the idea of this, there is more to it. For example, won't you not be able to play with people from the other parts of NA? If you have a ranked team with people you have meet from across the country, then you can't play with them. At least that is what I think would happen, I don't really know if this would happen or not, but I think it would. While the ping is of course higher on the east coast, I don't think it is worth it. Just my opinion.

TenSlashTen

01-29-2014

100-700 ping atm. That is all. laggy trash NA op. going back to KR after my girlfriend and I are done doing the event together on this account.