NA East Coast Server!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2014

bump

WillKill4FooD

01-28-2014

so we got a red 4 weeks ago, can we have another one?

WhoIsThatPokèmon

01-28-2014

Still waiting. Come on Riot.

Neo Cyrus

01-28-2014

My ping has been off the scale all week. Thanks for letting me experience what 280 ping feels like Rito. 90 on the PBE though. 60 the DotA 2 west servers, 15 to their east servers.

oke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-28-2014

Riot isn't doing anything :/

it's a shame

KawaiiObiyoSama

01-28-2014

bump for update!

MudWrestleMeIRL

01-28-2014

give us an update

oke

01-28-2014

we bump daily 20 - 30 times and nothing .. lol

Exebeast

01-28-2014

Anything 100 or less is good. Anything over 100 gets exponentially worse as it increases. For those who think that going from 80-90ms to 20-60ms will change the results of their games on a daily or even weekly basis I'm sorry, you're wrong.

East->West Coast ping shouldn't really be 100ms anyway for most origin points. Certainly not over.

I'm on the west coast with Verizon FiOS and typically have 20-30ms but sometimes 60ms or 90ms on LoL servers. When I play Dota2 I queue for both USWest and USEast typically.

Riot Foro

Network Engineer

01-28-2014
4 of 6 Riot Posts

This isn't something we're ignoring - but it's not something that is going to happen overnight either. Can't divulge any plans right now but we're working on improving latency for everyone in North America (and of course, the rest of the world in their own regional enviroments).

PS @ O.P. - light travels at less than two-thirds of the speed of light through glass, and data through copper is even slower. Might want to readjust those calculations a little!