NA East Coast Server!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Cloudx16

01-14-2014

Watching Meteos's stream the one day he said wtf is this 70 ping. Sorry guys this the last game of the day for me I can't play with this lag...

Meanwhile I have 90 ping constantly over here on the East Coast.

Neo Cyrus

01-14-2014

^ Try 280 and tell me how you feel with that. I ping other servers to get. 5-7 ping. Rito I am disappoint.

Cloudx16

01-14-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
^ Try 280 and tell me how you feel with that. I ping other servers to get. 5-7 ping. Rito I am disappoint.
Where do you live lol?

Neo Cyrus

01-14-2014

I just noticed I didn't finish my sentence there.

280 is not my normal ping it just happens sometimes for no reason that I can deduce aside from it being Riot's servers. When it happens I ping other servers for a comparison and it's always only Riot's servers.

My previous post:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
Hey remember that one time our pings were as low as 70? I don't... probably because it never happened.

I get between 100-130 ping these days on NA, EUW and PBE. Sometimes EUW and PBE have lower ping than NA. I live in the freakin' Toronto area Rito, please explain why my ping to a server across an ocean is lower on a regular basis.

Meanwhile Diablo II over a decade ago had east servers. GG nore.

Alphabet

01-15-2014

teemo skins, bundles, email uselessness, terrible homemade masks and stats on little used gimmicky maps. What do these have in common?

Answer:
Things taking precedence over making the game playable for the majority of NA players.

New York, Boston, Atlanta, Miami -> east coast server locations. DO IT NOW.

Always Strapped

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-15-2014

The servers keep consistently getting worse over time. I live on the east coast and when I first started playing league I had a consistent 90 ping all the time. Now from my understanding riot has a cluster of servers on the west coast in various locations such as Cali, Seattle etc. Depending on which server your game happens to connect to determines your ping for the game. I've noticed my ping usually changes between 3 different numbers 94ms, 104ms, and 165ms on a game to game basis, but never fluctuates at all during the match. Now the 94ms and 104ms obviously isn't ideal although I can deal it, but when it gets up to 165ms it gets super irritating to play the game. Having to adjust to a different timing/feel for last hitting every other game is ridiculous. They really need to add east coast servers to make a even playing field for everyone.

Thug

01-16-2014

Bump

Galiwyrr

01-16-2014

bump

Alphabet

01-16-2014

Lol a downvote. If only it wasnt true.

Rennagade

01-16-2014

Now I'm averaging 150 ping.

Oh joy