NA East Coast Server!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

a horse running

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2014

"League of Legends is a competitive game"

west coast only servers

RaideNN

01-12-2014

riot get ur act together and get an east coast server

WhoIsThatPokèmon

01-12-2014

The support we have on the forums for this is astounding, yet we're being kept in the dark. I really think for the matters of PR that Riot should inform us of any talks they are having about this issue and what's going on. All other big name places are doing this, come on Riot you gotta keep up with the times!

RaideNN

01-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsThatPokèmon View Post
The support we have on the forums for this is astounding, yet we're being kept in the dark. I really think for the matters of PR that Riot should inform us of any talks they are having about this issue and what's going on. All other big name places are doing this, come on Riot you gotta keep up with the times!
I tried man... Riot Foro of course said there are discussions but no action and i bet nothing will be done but we can only hope

AntiMage II

01-12-2014

Still no East Coast Server.

Neo Aragorn

01-12-2014

I'd like a count of how many servers the Asians have. I'm willing to bet it's more than than Europe and NA combined.

WhoIsThatPokèmon

01-12-2014

One cannot simply upvote posts without replying to this thread!

Neo Cyrus

01-12-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodoctors View Post
"League of Legends is a competitive game"

west coast only servers
I guess that means we're just so much more superior in the east that we have to have 5-20 times their ping in order for them to able to compete with us. That must be Riot's logic.

BlazingSalvo

01-12-2014

If they added East Coast servers, I wouldn't use them anyway because my friends/family are all West Coast.
Best case scenario I play normals on West and ranked on East.

Riot needs to implement multi-regional chat/friends/spectate because I miss chatting with my best friends from Australia and can't spectate/comment on his ranked games without making an OCE account and being logged out of NA.
The same will be true of an East/West NA split, being unable to spectate TSM or Cloud 9 player in-client because LCS teams would be scrimming/streaming on NA West

Actually, another idea I had - something that would likely never happen - Global account names.
If I have an account in, say, NA East, I can level to 30 and play ranked on NA East. However, I should be able to create an NA West account (or OCE, EU West, etc.) and *synchronize* all content from NA East. Basically I should be able to play normals in any region with one account, and purchases should carry to all regions. If I buy Kha'zix on NA I should be able to queue for a normal and play him on OCE (or my friend if he chose could queue for a normal on NA, or we both could queue for a normal on some in-between so we both have 160-180 ping or something).
Will never happen though.

final edit: Ideally all servers should be relocated somewhere in the Midwest so that Central US gets <50 ping and each coastal region would get 80... maybe

RaideNN

01-12-2014

riot would rather make garbage skins then make us happy lol go figure greedy fks