NA East Coast Server!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Disconsented

01-05-2014

Please no, I didnt switch to OCE so I could play with my NA buddies now I can't play with my OCE ones.
It would be better to scrap all the different servers and have matches made based on ping or allow free server transfers

BanZombie4

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-05-2014

free game, you get what they give you. if you don't like it don't play.

you can end this thread now.

TenSlashTen

01-05-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsThatPokèmon View Post
This right here, is what we needed to hear. =D
Attachment 866946
how does another server give me lower ping on NA? that... i cant even.. what? latin america north affects north american server???? im so confused.. please.. just ****ing make USA east have a server..christ.. its so easy...Ik it costs precious money but isnt the smiles of your damn customers more important then you losing a bit of money for next years gross income...come on.. i was a beta tester man.. i moved to KR because NA didnt respect its customers and support always was a dick to me.. and its still the same.. Im so sad when i think about RIOT NA/EU its really a shame.. it really..really is..

TenSlashTen

01-05-2014

also have a bump because it takes a ****ing customer and like a 200+ page thread to get riot to give a **** and post anything.. Seriously i feel bad for USA east players/canadians who dont have the korean/chinese friend to have an account on a server that doesnt lag 24/7 for them I mean.. you can always buy a VPN from something like WTFAST or use a KR vpn like i do (yes its in korean but im sure people are smart enough to figure it out)

WhoIsThatPokèmon

01-05-2014

Yes, unfortunately... It's hard to keep a good convo going unless it's a red main post. But, we seriously need east coast servers put in place.

TenSlashTen

01-05-2014

w/e im just fed up with it. I used to really love this game but the past 2 years have been really hard on me as a fan. Im not some angsty teenager with issues Im a grown man that has loved mobas since Defence of the ancients. The FIRST one. It pains me to see such a big company squander its fans with ****ty connections. Its honestly a slap in the face to us. Nothing less nothing more. Im not acting entitled. if you want to run a big ass buisness and be the top dog. As least have your **** working 100% of time. 3 years ago when this game was a little baby. I was advertiseing to all my friends YO BRO YOU SEEN THIS GAME? ITS REALLY FUN come play it? 20+ friends all made ik for a fact at least 10 of those friends bought skins/boosts etc etc and at least 2 of them still play today with basically entirely filled out champion pool (all champions owned basically) and skins for alot of them that play on NA. now they're not diamond+ players like i am but they're a damn paying customer just like i am and when they say "man Tory this servers really laggy and i just wanted to play after i got off work" i feel bad and what do i tell them? i cant fix that ****. slave at work all day come home and you just wanna relax but because someones slacking you cant enjoy yourself? Reality check! you lose food on your plate if you dont have top quality goods.

WhoIsThatPokèmon

01-05-2014

Interesting perspective but, honestly it's an issue that should have been taken care of rather quickly. To have waited this long and fancy it off as just rerouting everyone's connections just seems mundane. The only fix that has ever been a successful solution is and always has been adding servers in the location of connection issues.

Cooldude1234

01-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Foro View Post
It appears my post has made a few waves around Reddit etc and has raised quite a bit of speculation. To summarise:

- ~100ms to the NA servers from the East Coast is something we can improve.

- Latency buffs are coming. We're working closely with the major Internet Service Providers (not just in NA, but in all regions) to have you connecting to LoL as optimally as possible. Time moves slow in Internet land as there's a lot of moving parts involved, but the aforementioned works are already underway.

- Further improvements are being discussed, including the possibility of distributing game servers in other locations than the West Coast. < This scenario would be a huge shakeup - and though we love challenges, we want to make sure that we pick the best solution that is going to improve everyone's experience overall, and get it right the first time.

Hope this clarifies things!

Foro out.
I know I'm late to the party but great to see a red post hopefully you can keep us updated!

I guess I'm missing something Riot has put up servers many locations fine even separate regions (EU and China) I'm sure it wouldn't be an issue to throw up a server on the east cost, players that want to transfer can, players that don't want to don't have to. Or just throw up a server in dallas/chicago (central servers having everyone play at 50 ping)
"~100ms to the NA servers from the East Coast is something we can improve" I would hope so..I personal get 110 on an EU server..Hopefully "improve" means at least cut that 100 down to 50.

WhoIsThatPokèmon

01-06-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cooldude1234 View Post
I know I'm late to the party but great to see a red post hopefully you can keep us updated!

I guess I'm missing something Riot has put up servers many locations fine even separate regions (EU and China) I'm sure it wouldn't be an issue to throw up a server on the east cost, players that want to transfer can, players that don't want to don't have to. Or just throw up a server in dallas/chicago (central servers having everyone play at 50 ping)
"~100ms to the NA servers from the East Coast is something we can improve" I would hope so..I personal get 110 on an EU server..Hopefully "improve" means at least cut that 100 down to 50.
No transfers... we just need to have it allow us to choose which side we want during Queue setup..

Tesin

01-06-2014

Allowing us to Queue up for East or West or both (like dota) is a good solution. lets do it riot, no more wasting time.