NA East Coast Server!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Alphabet

01-03-2014

still waiting.

Im Fed IRL

01-03-2014

bump

EmbersRise

01-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Foro View Post
It appears my post has made a few waves around Reddit etc and has raised quite a bit of speculation. To summarise:

- ~100ms to the NA servers from the East Coast is something we can improve.
Improve? That sounds like you can make a 5-10% difference. That's not what we need. We need 50ms ping to east coast and without a server here, I doubt 50ms pings to west coast will ever happen especially with Comcast's horrible routes. For example, A trace route from my city to Chicago: North fl to Miami ( 330 miles the wrong way) back up to Georgia (681 miles) over to Virginia (648 miles) and finally to Chicago (738 miles). The Direct path is 1,042 miles; Comcast's route is 2,397 miles.

Zimski

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by NullCoalesce View Post
Improve? That sounds like you can make a 5-10% difference. That's not what we need. We need 50ms ping to east coast and without a server here, I doubt 50ms pings to west coast will ever happen especially with Comcast's horrible routes. For example, A trace route from my city to Chicago: North fl to Miami ( 330 miles the wrong way) back up to Georgia (681 miles) over to Virginia (648 miles) and finally to Chicago (738 miles). The Direct path is 1,042 miles; Comcast's route is 2,397 miles.
Agreed. We need a server on the east coast, there is no other solution. The positioning of the NA server in L.A. makes no sense at all. I realize that's their HQ, but come on. It's unreasonable for all of USA and Canada to have to play on a server that is located in the southeast corner of the United States. If you are trying to cover an entire region, you don't put your server in a corner of the region. Even playing on the Latin America North server is much better for most of us. I'd transfer there if I spoke Spanish.

RookPusher

01-04-2014

The Beast Coast should have its own everything. We don't need to share it with those unshaven, patchouli beasts.

And despite my Boston residency, I believe we ought to have said server in New Jersey.

Rennagade

01-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by RookPusher View Post
The Beast Coast should have its own everything. We don't need to share it with those unshaven, patchouli beasts.

And despite my Boston residency, I believe we ought to have said server in New Jersey.
Jersey, eh?
Could work.

WhoIsThatPokèmon

01-04-2014

Reality, central most part of the east coast of NA would work...

Tesin

01-04-2014

So, any news from these disussions you have been having?

Weazyritzstrket

01-04-2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Foro View Post
It appears my post has made a few waves around Reddit etc and has raised quite a bit of speculation. To summarise:

- ~100ms to the NA servers from the East Coast is something we can improve.

- Latency buffs are coming. We're working closely with the major Internet Service Providers (not just in NA, but in all regions) to have you connecting to LoL as optimally as possible. Time moves slow in Internet land as there's a lot of moving parts involved, but the aforementioned works are already underway.

- Further improvements are being discussed, including the possibility of distributing game servers in other locations than the West Coast. < This scenario would be a huge shakeup - and though we love challenges, we want to make sure that we pick the best solution that is going to improve everyone's experience overall, and get it right the first time.

Hope this clarifies things!

Foro out.
oh my gosh thank you so much! we are hearing much more positive things about lag and things like that from lag. i strongly support u on adding an east coast sever!

WhoIsThatPokèmon

01-05-2014

bump..