NA East Coast Server!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thugernaut

12-30-2013

Bump - Why do European animals have two servers and yet Americans (the origin of the game) have one?

Wrecki

Senior Recruiter

12-30-2013

I noticed a MASSIVE difference in Ping and responsiveness this past month. I reside on the East Coast in VA, and my ping on a 60mbps COX wired connection fluctuates between 80-110 usually (besides the random ping/lag spikes up to 300 I'm sure we've all been experiencing lately). But when I went on vacation out to Los Angeles, CA, my ping on a smaller bandwidth connection at my grandparents house, happily piddled around 10-20 ping. Everything responded noticeably faster and I found myself playing a little better since I was used to a slightly slower response time. If your playerbase on the East Coast could experience this level of connectivity, we would GREATLY appreciate it! I'm not at all saying we're entitled to it, since Riot is of course based on the West Coast, but it WOULD make it a bit more fair for us out here wouldnt it? =]

Tigon134

12-30-2013

Bump!!!!

FFS All is OP

12-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thugernaut View Post
Bump - Why do European animals have two servers and yet Americans (the origin of the game) have one?
actually i think they have 5 if you include turkey, greece, and italy.

granted turkey technically isn't europe, they are in the EU.

Alphabet

12-30-2013

Still waiting riot. I would be playing lol and buying rp for these christmas skins if the game had a east coast in game server. LAN doest cut it. Me no speaky the language.

Dimif

12-30-2013

I highly doubt anybody is working on reducing the latency cause it has only gone up in the past year. If you can't fix it in a year, its never going to get fixed. Stop wasting time trying to fix it and just open up some east coast servers.

Mint Melody

12-30-2013

Will this mean I won't be able to play with my east coast buddies? :c

Alphabet

12-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mint Melody View Post
Will this mean I won't be able to play with my east coast buddies? :c
No for gods sake. We are wanting in game servers located on the east coast. Na not being split like other servers. Even our pitiful riot response says thats the way to do it. Some of you cant read to save your lives.

Dimif

12-31-2013

Just move all the Portland game servers to East Coast and problem will be solved. Since half of the current servers are in Portland, the other half are in LA.

WhoIsThatPokèmon

12-31-2013

over 20 years in the making of the internet and there's still no anti-DDoS system put in place...