NA East Coast Server!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BigWiIIieStyle

12-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Foro View Post
Hey guys.

This is something definitely on our radar, and has been a talking point in our various teams at Riot for quite some time now.

We're currently working on ways to make matchmaking more intelligent so this can be possible. The last thing we want to do is make NA East and West servers and change things up, so there's a lot of design decisions to take into account.

In the meantime, we're working at optimising the connectivity from the East Coast to our servers on the West. This stuff does take time - but I promise we're constantly working in ALL of our regions on making it the best experience for everybody.

tl;dr - Stick tight Summoners! Working on it
While I would love to have a lower ping (usually play at a steady 100, which I find pretty decent)I wouldnt want to have to choose between East and West Coast servers because I have friends on both. I hope this is something that is being considered at the same time

5ish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2013

Finally!

5ish

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2013

I've had this disconnection issue since August and Riot has always insisted that it was AT&T. I've had AT&T live here since then and they've done everything in their power to make sure their connection is air tight which only left the conclusion that it was Riot's doing that I would dc.

I'm out in Chicago and this issue hasn't been very good to me for a while and has made me reluctant about supporting Riot any further but hopefully this issue is fixed as soon as possible. I forgot what it was like to play a game without worrying about dropping out of it due to disconnects. I've been banned on and off for long enough.

4k c2 Naii

12-30-2013

Riot said this on 2012 june...and now-_-

BanZombie4

12-30-2013

this thread is lame. you're all lame. stop acting like you're entitled to stuff. it's a free game, if you don't like it don't play it. Hard concept I know!

YGY818

12-30-2013

Sounds like the server would move from West Coast to Central.

50 ping for everyone. I like my 10 ping Riot.. im sure you do too :P

EragonFlash

12-30-2013

@YGY818
Sounds like west coasters are afraid of East coasters surpassing them
(Notice how I did capitalize my W in west)

ANlMUS

12-30-2013

bamp

x SEM x

12-30-2013

This would be amazing if my 90-120 ping dropped to under 50. Riot, I'm very happy that you are finally looking into this. Thank You.

AnarchyPixel

12-30-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
Why is Riot so hesitant to add in East Coast servers for North America? Europe has at least three servers. Asia has at least four servers. South America has three servers.

North America, with all of its land mass and population, has ONE server. South Korea, a country smaller than New York, has one server all to itself.

It's absurd that Riot even believes that adding in another server for North America is problematic or even unwise. Every other eSport had the common sense to realize that a region as large as North America should have multiple servers.

And to make it all worse, the server is on one specific corner of North America. There will always be vast amounts of unexplored and wasted talent in North America due to the latency barriers.

It is common knowledge that latency correlates with performance. Is it then so hard to reason out why North America, with only one server, performs poorly relative to other regions?
Sweet reminder of questions unanswered and points given.