NA East Coast Server!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

oke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-29-2013

still playing on latin north, getting tired of not understanding my teammates :/

Aqueity

12-29-2013

[QUOTE=Riot Foro;44059485]It appears my post has made a few waves around Reddit etc and has raised quite a bit of speculation. To summarise:

- ~100ms to the NA servers from the East Coast is something we can improve.

@Riot Foro

http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...3#post44088193

Can you take a look at this thread? This has been an issue for a while now and it's happening to quite a few people. Mind responding in that thread to keep it current?

Aqueity

12-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot Foro View Post
Hey guys.

This is something definitely on our radar, and has been a talking point in our various teams at Riot for quite some time now.

We're currently working on ways to make matchmaking more intelligent so this can be possible. The last thing we want to do is make NA East and West servers and change things up, so there's a lot of design decisions to take into account.

In the meantime, we're working at optimising the connectivity from the East Coast to our servers on the West. This stuff does take time - but I promise we're constantly working in ALL of our regions on making it the best experience for everybody.

tl;dr - Stick tight Summoners! Working on it

@Riot Foro

Mind taking a look at this thread? http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...3#post44088193

Can you respond in there to keep it current? Been having this issue happening to quite a few people for a while now.

Neo Cyrus

12-29-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legendary Silver View Post
Whoever made the point about EUW, EUNE, Russia, Turkey and LAN, LAS... the many Chinese servers is completely right. We're much larger geographically than everyone listed except Russia. And Russia's population is distributed near Europe in particular. Nobody is living in the north/eastern region and wanting to play league of legends.

In other words - in terms of our distribution and size, North America is the largest and yet one server on one corner of the continent? Really?

I understand they set up in California as a company, they wanted the servers near by but come on. They've expanded Turkey/Russia in recent years - we're the size of EU in population, we're bigger geographically and we have 1 server to their 2.

I mean it's the equivalent of EU only being EUW and the servers being situated on the southern tip of Italy.
It's actually worse than that, from the farthest points of densely populated areas the distance is actually a good amount greater in North America than if European/Russian servers were located at the tip of Italy for all of Europe.

But that still makes a good point.

Every time I think of it it pisses me off that they've spent F-all on NA. I'm willing to bet a great deal of their profits come from NA. I'm willing to bet we pay far more than China/Korea/all the Asian server populations combined. In exchange we get the poorest service and severs at one corner of the planet away from the majority of us.

The Europeans were complaining about bad servers, bah, I've been playing on EUW due to NA instability and heavy pings... the EUW servers in their terrible condition were more stable and I had a lower ping there.

Alphabet

12-29-2013

The sooner this happens the sooner ill start playing again and buying skins. Buying dota keys till then.

Neo Cyrus

12-29-2013

I wanted to play a few ranked games tonight, but oh look 180-200 ping. My ping to most sources within half the continent is under 25, it's about 5-10 to local sources, please explain to me why it approaches 200 tonight on LoL's NA server?

At one point a few months ago it used to be consistently 70-90 ping, what the hell did they do that it's so much worse now? Hell even 90 ping is extremely bad, just a lot more tolerable than 200.

Brandon7x7

12-29-2013

Riot plz Plz PLz PLZ!!!!! fixed your major ping issue i now have had multiple games where i have lost in ranked because im getting DC in the middle of a game you have no idea how infuriated i am which this game right now. This has been going on way too long this should have been fixed AGES ago whats happening! and making us downloading 3 party is only a temporary/lazy way of fixing it! PLZ do something

GoatShoe

12-29-2013

Is it fixed soon ? ive been waiting for ever D:

hi im burst

12-29-2013

I get 80-100 ping throughout the day and ~200 ping from 7PM-11:59PM every night with Rogers Internet (Ontario, Canada) Problem has been existing since I switched to Rogers at the end of summer.

PhrozenDragon

12-29-2013

I don't really have a ping issue... and the servers are in the U.S.... and I'm in Canada.