NA East Coast Server!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dimif

12-28-2013

Current servers are now in Los Angeles and Portland Oregon. It would be easy to just move all the portland servers to east coast.

Why not move all the Portland servers to east coast until a permanent solution is found?

Leonard

12-28-2013

Why is Riot so hesitant to add in East Coast servers for North America? Europe has at least three servers. Asia has at least four servers. South America has three servers.

North America, with all of its land mass and population, has ONE server. South Korea, a country smaller than New York, has one server all to itself.

It's absurd that Riot even believes that adding in another server for North America is problematic or even unwise. Every other eSport had the common sense to realize that a region as large as North America should have multiple servers.

And to make it all worse, the server is on one specific corner of North America. There will always be vast amounts of unexplored and wasted talent in North America due to the latency barriers.

It is common knowledge that latency correlates with performance. Is it then so hard to reason out why North America, with only one server, performs poorly relative to other regions?

Neo Cyrus

12-28-2013

There should be a server in New York or somewhere else that's densely populated in the east. Buffalo could possibly be ideal since it should be cheap and give a good ping to everyone in New York and southern Ontario which is densely populated.

I'm still blown away that Riot have been such cheap asses with giving such a huge population another server when they dish them out like candy one after the other in Asia. I guess the Chinese Overlords don't approve of spending minuscule amounts on NA.

Leonard

12-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
There should be a server in New York or somewhere else that's densely populated in the east. Buffalo could possibly be ideal since it should be cheap and give a good ping to everyone in New York and southern Ontario which is densely populated.

I'm still blown away that Riot have been such cheap asses with giving such a huge population another server when they dish them out like candy one after the other in Asia. I guess the Chinese Overlords don't approve of spending minuscule amounts on NA.
Buffalo is definitely the ideal location. It is already a popular spot for data centers. It is a good midway point for the whole east coast.

Im Fed IRL

12-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonard View Post
Buffalo is definitely the ideal location. It is already a popular spot for data centers. It is a good midway point for the whole east coast.
This.

Alphabet

12-28-2013

Bump for east coast justice!

WhoIsThatPokèmon

12-28-2013

I honestly think east coast is not going to be happy until we see east side servers. An option in matchmaking to allow us to choose which side before queueing would be substantial.

Numot

12-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by bradles View Post
tired of having these east coasts noobs on my team that can't hit or dodge skillshots for ****

Wow, I guess you never realized I was east coast, Maine actually. Our Blitz/Varus duo que bot lane used to own. Funny how "an east coast noob" could land all those spoon feeding grabs.

Bloodlogic

The Council

12-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by FatedTitan View Post
Some in Atlanta would help East Coast players a lot. It's bad when it's closer for me to play on the Latin American servers.
PLS I would love servers in ATL.

Shadownova420

12-28-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Numot View Post
Wow, I guess you never realized I was east coast, Maine actually. Our Blitz/Varus duo que bot lane used to own. Funny how "an east coast noob" could land all those spoon feeding grabs.
I don't know for sure, but it seemed like the comment you were responding to was being sarcastic...
Not that it matters I suppose...