NA East Coast Server!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

WhoIsThatPokèmon

12-26-2013

Riot!

WhoIsThatPokèmon

12-26-2013

bump

oke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2013

pls

oke

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-26-2013

even if they could say "hey, we have no plans" would be great...

Chastity

12-26-2013

But then what will all the east coast bronzies blame all their bad plays on?

BcuztheINTERNET

Hostile

12-26-2013

Hoping to see a Riot member address this soon, but unlikely..seeing that is has been up for over a year :/

oke

12-26-2013

would like an update

Xeronator

12-26-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhoIsThatPokèmon View Post
~~~~Please Share this thread on Facebook, Twitter, and other social platforms! Support Credits Below!~

~~~~After running through all the forums We have the #1 spot on GD the 2nd most up votes on the forums compared to that of the stickied threads 830+! Our sub thread with a red post, their response will only really be helpful to a handful people this will not fix the problem. ~
http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com....php?t=4114460

~~~~We are still waiting for Riot to say something! Also, the more people know about this the better our chances, so petition and share please!~

~~~~June 7, 2013 Petition Added Please Help us reach a goal of 1,000 or more by sharing this with your friends on Twitter or facebook!~
----------------------------------->Petition Link Here

~~~~Here is statistics showing the average ping of players in each tier. This shows how much ping makes a difference. (July 1, 2013)
http://www.elophant.com/league-of-le...=na&period=all Selecting NA and all time.. Challenger tier with an average of 21ms... yeah seems legit.

Info from reds about some latency situations but no word on a server - http://forums.na.leagueoflegends.com...54209#38954209

~~~~Theoretical Speeds assuming internet was as fast as speed of light~June 24, 2013)~

~~~All data is rounded to nearest hundredth unless approximated~~~

Earth is aprox. 24,900 miles in circumference around the Equator.

Light travels at aprox. 138,450 Miles per second.
This means that light can travel around the world 5.56(rounded) times a second.

You could ping yourself in a circle in 179.85ms(milliseconds, rounded) and pong it back in twice that 359.70ms(rounded.)

New York is around 2,410 miles from California, the theoretical latency should be 17.41ms(rounded) with a pong of twice that 34.81ms(rounded.)Light can travel one way between these two points 57.45(rounded) times or back and forward 28.72(rounded) times.

However, because we do not come close to these theoretical marks; the best ping we're seeing is 100+ on the east coast with few under 100 due to better lining routes. Obviously a huge factor would be that these lines are not running in a straight line across NA. Which is why the only fix is not a better connection, that's just a stupid comment, some people don't have a choice in what is provided in their area and will only help if they're bottle-necking their bandwidth.. The best option would be to implement a server for players on both sides of NA to address latency issues as best as possible.

~~~~New Clarification about adding a new NA server (June 7, 2013)~

Since there were questions about this, my thread, is about linking the database between the two servers west and east. There will be no full split just split on players playing east and west. You can still choose west or east at login, say you get 20 ping east and your friend on west gets 60 ping to east. However, you get 100 ping to west and your friend gets 40 ping to west you're likely to play on east for the duration of your games with each other. However if you're playing with a ranked team, if most of them get lower ping to west than east than of course you will want to play west with them so your team is less affected by latency issues. This is really just a great fix in my opinion. You're not stuck on west or east in this case.

~~~~New Message to Non-NA Players(updated: June 9, 2013)~

I am aware that this is not all about other countries in the world that "Should" have servers closer to play on as well. Please be aware that I'm trying to address a NA issue, I support that Riot should put servers in Australia and other areas, however this is not what I'm posting this thread about so please try and understand that. Thanks!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2890443 - Australia finally has Oceanic Servers! We on the East Coast are still waiting for Riot to respond!

~~~~~~Message to Riot~ (Updated: June 9, 2013)

Riot, players around the world benefit from the increase in servers. It is time for the millions of daily players to get their much needed support from you guys. The East coast is one of those places need your support. I know the biggest thing for most gamers is latency, a lot of friends and people I know won't play certain games because it is not enjoyable for them to play with lag. League of Legends is no exception. Those who play and have experienced high latency and low latency know just how much the game's experience changes when this aspect is brought into play. Characters that involve skill shots are extraordinarily hard to play with ping above 150+ and nearly impossible to play beyond 250. One of the biggest issues I have noticed is your characters will tend to have a mind of their own, running after enemies or standing still for a while before responding to your commands, much of which can lead to your demise. Imagine playing as a melee champ, you are sitting in a bush; all of a sudden and enemy appears in the bush with you and they hit you once then run away to a group of their ally champions. Your character's response is to chase the attacker or attack the nearest enemy target. However, you tell your character to flee as well, but because of the latency your character decides he's the smarter person and chases the enemy back to his comrades for about half a second. Now the enemy thinking to themselves, A this guy is lagging, B he is an idiot for charging in or C just a noob. A of course is the answer. Well you died, and the normal response is, "I hate this lag with a burning fiery passion I wish Riot would have servers closer to where I live." I think I've said something similar out loud more than in the game but I know I'd complained about the lag several times even recently in my last couple games.

Either way, it really would be nice if you would support the players who support your paycheck for either skins or characters to get their money's worth and get more servers. Riot, you know you'll only end up with happier players and defiantly more players than before. Lets try to set some good Guinness records here shall we?

(update: Russia, South America, Australia, and many other places now have servers, this is great since they have needed them.)

~~~~Major Problems With Lag~ (Updated: June 9, 2013)

-Ping is a latency measurement of packets from one network(or system) to another and then back.

The problems for people who are not near California and are stationed more towards the east side of NA is that we suffer latency from high latency(ping).

With experience a person can make the most of latency by pure estimate or chance, however even those who are new and unskilled know when lag caused them their miss a shot or die, an example would be casting your ult as Tryndamere knowing you hit it in time but dying cause of the time it took to send the signal to the server was much too long. Or throwing your area of effect ult, and missing because the people moved out of the line of your shot by the time your skill finally casts. There are many situations like this that hinder a players abilities and potential, where having lower latency would better show one's skill, over being practically useless.

~~~~Recommendations for implementing the Server~(updated: June 9, 2013)

-Updated Recommendation - 6/9/13
Create a new server with a linked database, allow players on login to select either east or west NA region with a simple patch much like changing regions now. All games and stats are shared between the two servers, and it allows the player to play on either side if they choose before they login. This is simple and not complex, and eliminates players from having to create new names or accounts. Players will be able to choose based on which server their team has the least overall lag if they play ranked. This will give them a better chance or advantage where previous the majority of their team may have suffered from 100 ping over ranked games with players at say 12-30 ping and they now have 12-30 ping against other 12-30 ping players.

~~~~Preview of East Coast Server performance~(updated: June 10, 2013)

-LAN Server Getting Connected - 6/10/13
-Make or Transfer a Smuf account(not your main) to Latin America North
-On the launcher change region to LAN(If it didn't change it already after transfer) Update the game
-On your computer go to \Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\system
-Open file called locale in a txt editor program (notepad, word, etc..)
-Change it to "locale = en_us" without the "" then save to make LoL run in English
-Close the launcher, then open it back up and it will be in English.
-Enjoy testing the LAN server if you live on the east coast

My ping went from 110-120, to 46-51, a huge improvement with much more responsiveness. It's really amazing how much different the game feels.

~~~~~~ Credits ~~~~~~
These are the groups, communities, and places supporting the addition of East Coast Servers!

-SUNYIT(State University of New York Institute of Technology) - Marcy, New York
-LoL General Discussion Members

~~~~~~ End of Credits ~~~~~~
If you are interested in being named for support please leave the name of the group and or a url that you can be found in. Either post here or contact me at schopfz@sunyit.edu thanks!

Please Thumbs Up If You Are In Support Of this! Also, Be Sure To Comment, Thanks!
NO! Just SHUT UP

FFS All is OP

12-26-2013

bump