Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

NA East Coast Server!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ScWLoL

11-23-2013

Throwing my opinion out there that I would like the NA server to stay the way it is. I live on the east coast (PA) and on a good day I'll get 80 ping, bad day it will go as high as 105-ish. I honestly do not see a major difference between these two that would warrant a new server with all of its costs and a divide between the north american player base (especially with the major change to ranked that would take place). If Riot were to do this, they would ultimately just lose profit seeing they're just improving a system based on a pretty well defined player-base. Unfortunately, it seems that those who have these issues, would most certainly not benefit as much from a server relocation/addition simply because of the surrounding infrastructure or poor service plan. Oh, and if you don't care if servers split and really want better ping to just play league, I'd suggest a hop to the Brazilian servers, I hear the ping is slightly better there.

Just throwing my two cents out there. (if you downvote, at least give me a dignified response plz)

AgentMcbride

11-23-2013

Quote:
ScWLoL:
Throwing my opinion out there that I would like the NA server to stay the way it is. I live on the east coast (PA) and on a good day I'll get 80 ping, bad day it will go as high as 105-ish. I honestly do not see a major difference between these two that would warrant a new server with all of its costs and a divide between the north american player base (especially with the major change to ranked that would take place). If Riot were to do this, they would ultimately just lose profit seeing they're just improving a system based on a pretty well defined player-base. Unfortunately, it seems that those who have these issues, would most certainly not benefit as much from a server relocation/addition simply because of the surrounding infrastructure or poor service plan.

Just throwing my two cents out there. (if you downvote, at least give me a dignified response plz)

If you read the post, the servers would actually be linked. Its just that east coast players would get a better connection.

ScWLoL

11-23-2013

Quote:
AgentMcbride:
If you read the post, the servers would actually be linked. Its just that east coast players would get a better connection.

What I surmised from reading the initial post, is that it supports a split at log-in, much like the difference between EUW and EU Nordic, where they're not connected, but technically still called EU. I'm saying that I don't find it logical to split the NA player base in half from playing with each other over a trivial issue of 20 ping.

ShinMashiro

Master Recruiter

11-23-2013

20 ping difference ? LOL. Its a much bigger difference than 20 ping. Its more like 80+ ping difference between west and east. West coasters get 10-30 ping while east coaster get 80-120+ ping.

PentaJump

11-23-2013

Bump

Ciniminimin

11-23-2013

bump

Night53

11-23-2013

Riot needs to add a North America East server or do something to fix ping for the East Coast. I live in Ontario, Canada. Ping on a good day is about 90-105, bad days being 200-250, worst days around 600. My personal highest ping record is ~12,000! Riot please, i should never see a 4-digit ping let alone a 5-digit D:

Ciniminimin

11-23-2013

bump

MisterTitanic

11-23-2013

bump

D Bag

11-23-2013

Approve.jpg