Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

NA East Coast Server!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ithazul

11-19-2013

I have 4 friends who refuse to play due to west coast lag/latency issues. Plz PLZ get us an east coast server.

Wumderbean

11-19-2013

wtb east cost server .... o wait... these guys dont give a s*** about these forums. Even blizz responds to diablo 3 forums and people b**** 10x more on there. -1 riot staff.

Gahaha

11-19-2013

bump

Cooldude1234

11-19-2013

Quote:
Wumderbean:
wtb east cost server .... o wait... these guys dont give a s*** about these forums. Even blizz responds to diablo 3 forums and people b**** 10x more on there. -1 riot staff.

This. It's sad how little Riot cares about the community now, i remember a few years ago if you said "riot doesn't care" they would respond proving you wrong. Now it's pretty clear they just don't give a **** unless they can squeeze money out of people.

Umbrella127

11-19-2013

riot pls

lllllIIIIllllll

11-19-2013

Riot be ignoring us, still.

Ciniminimin

11-19-2013

bump

Neo Cyrus

11-19-2013

Rito considering how much NA players pay for this game, it'd be a real cheapass move to not provide us with an eastern server.

West coast players get 1-30 ping, east coast players get 70 to 160, seems legit.

One Week Ago

11-19-2013

The East Coast player base is arguably larger than the West Coast...

Xonra

Recruiter

11-19-2013

Quote:
Neo Cyrus:
Rito considering how much NA players pay for this game, it'd be a real cheapass move to not provide us with an eastern server.

West coast players get 1-30 ping, east coast players get 70 to 160, seems legit.

Basically this. I've lost track of the counter arguments

"Ping isn't THAT big a deal. Stop crying"
To which I ask "You are located where, west coast? And what is your ping?"
"Yeah, it is like 15, your points?"
To which I simply respond "Exactly. Mine is never lower than 80 and sometimes as high as 120."

People that don't have to deal with ping in the range of 80-120 think it is no big deal but I promise you it makes a big difference. Even Riot has admitted in a post I wish I could find again that there is evidence to back up that West Coast players have significant higher "ELO" than those on the East Coast.

Heck go look at ELOPhant for examples. There is a very obvious chart showing the higher your ping the lower your elo. Bronze has the highest Ping which is proven with numbers and Riot has admitted this. Challenger players have almost no ping at all which is proven with numbers and Riot has admitted this. Yet...here we sit.

NA - all time ping (which is just season 3 since their were no ranks before, so basically 2013)

Challenger average ping 20
Bronze Average ping 129

That is no coincidence.