Runepage for Alistair Help me

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chachyy

06-24-2012

I do well with alistair but am trying to decide which runepage is more effective. Here are the 2 paged...

Page 1: +78 Health
+16 Magic Resist
+16 Armor

Page 2: +4.0 Gold Per 10
+12 Magic Resist
+14 Armor

I normally Play Alistair on bottom and normally get just the Heart of Gold for gold items.
Which would ultimately prove to be more helpful for me. Appreciate the help

Gaiaix555

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-24-2012

I personally get:

Spell Penetration Marks for increased damage
Armor Seals for durability
Magic Resist per lvl. Glyphs for durability
Gold per 10 Quints.

You should start with 3 Wards, a Pot, and Farie Charm, which should then turn into a Philo. Stone. Follow that up with boots, and a Heart of Gold. Quickly use the gold you have generated to amass an Aegis of the Legion, upgraded boots, and whatever other support items your team needs.

To answer your actual question, you should use the second rune page....Alistar's ultimate means the 78 health is pointless.

Hope I helped

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2012

For bottom lane support alistar, I recommend:

0-9-21 (taking Greed, extra ward range, mo mana, mo speed, etc).

Red magic penetration runes are best.
Yellow: flat armor is fine, as is gold per 10 seals.
blue: magic resist PER LEVEL is ideal... early MR isn't as crucial and the breakeven is fairly early on.
Quints: You want 3 GP10s.

Typical start for most supports is:

faery charm for mana, wards and potions.
upgrade to PHILO STONE asap for mo mana, health recovery, GP10.
Then get Heart of Gold.

Aegis of Legion is quite good and gives better balanced defenses plus aura.
Frozen Heart is solid for anti-AD. Great aura.

You upgrade to Shureyes for the CDR/health, and active. That plus Ionic or Heart = near maxed CDR.

HOG gets upgraded to the Shield/armor doodad.

Chachyy

06-25-2012

Awesome Help sounds like both of you pretty much agree with the same type of idea. So i think i'll try that one today and see how it goes! Thanks for the Help guys!

Kaoelith

06-25-2012

jungle: attack speed, armor, mr/lvl, movespeed
bot support: armor, armor, mr/lvl, gold/10

Gaiaix555

06-25-2012

No problem, hope you enjoy it!

B SIDE

06-25-2012

Of your two pages, the second one is preferable because of the gold per 10s.

I use magic pen reds, flat armor yellow, magic resist / lvl blue, GP 10 quints.

Since you'll be laning against an AD carry, the early armor you get from flat armor yellows will help quite a bit. You could also use flat armor reds, (I do on blitzcrank) but the little bit of extra damage from magic pen seems to be better in long games. By the time you face off against any AP champs, your mr/lvl blues will have scaled up to the point where they really can make a difference.

I start with regrowth pendant (and sometimes even a mana pot), no wards. Ali can stop most lvl 2-4 ganks pretty easily with a headbutt, so wards aren't as important at very early levels. Just to be safe, I always remind my laning partner not to push the lane until at least my first trip back, which I make as soon as I can buy a very early philo and at least one ward.

If all is quiet, my next b is 2:30 later, so I can make sure the river stays warded. This is about when junglers start getting their ults, so you can't be too cautious. The extra trip or two back to spawn means slower leveling for me, but faster leveling for my carry. I've pretty much never had a carry complain about it. I buy heart of gold, boots, then usually aegis (health first) and then whatever wards and upgrades I can afford as needed.

Keep the dragon warded from the earliest lvl you think their jungler might try it... usually around the 10 minute mark, but sooner for some jungle champs. Use pink wards on dragon against any lane with a support champ, as it will be warded. And pink wards are ultimately more cost effective than green wards at any contested spot.

Anyway... lots more to say but I'm well past responding to the OP.