Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

I need some advice in ranked :/

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SoFed

Recruiter

06-24-2012

Hey guys i just want to hear from high elo players or anyone for that matter on 1 question.

Who would you say is the strongest in each lane? in games i just get discouraged every time i see an enemy nautilus or malphite because i just know their team fights are going to be crazy.

Template

Best top lane: top 2-5

Best mid lane: top 3

Best ad ranged: 2

Best jungler: 3-6

Fondled By Ziggs

Recruiter

06-24-2012

The Champion you have most fun with. , I have better success with champions that I have fun with.

Hashii

06-24-2012

There pretty much are no "Best in lane" Champs since everyone has a counter. And people DO counter-pick in Ranked.
If you want a Godly top though, Olaf is the one to go.
Having trouble midding against AP? Go Kassadin, however, any smart team counters him easily.
Want a good bot lane support? Well do you like Tanky Supports, or squishy supports? Tanky ones usually have CC (Leona, Nautilus) and squishy ones usually have heals/utility. (Sona/Soraka)

Galactic Teemo

06-24-2012

Just pick Jax top and win.

Just pick Cass mid and win.

Just pick Graves bot and win.

Just pick Mundo jungle and win.

KayosLegion

06-24-2012

Mmmm... just listen to your team. If they unaimously say PLEASE NO ---, then you should probly not play that champ

Anivia Mid GG

06-24-2012

For top, Yorick can dominate pretty much anyone early and shut them down. Kennen is supersafe and with the 2 dorans blades into AP build, will transition into mid and late game very well. Malphite is overall superbly tanky and deals ridiculous damage at the same time.

For mid, Ahri is very strong in laning phase with poke and sustain, as well as having great burst and chase ability with her ult. Strong champion in almost all aspects. Karthus and TF are popular mids atm since they provide a great global presence that can easily catch off people in other lanes. Karthus scales incredibly lategame with tons of damage while TF is fantastic in a poke team comp and can constantly provide a stun on command.

For ad: Graves has a fantastic kit and is easy to learn. He has great teamfight utility with his smokescreen and AOE. As well, he is very dominant in lane phase thanks to his passive. Combined with an aggressive support, he can get in close range and deal tons of damage with his buckshot. Corki is the runner up (IMO) because has lots of mobility and has a great burst potental midgame, with his rockets, phosphorus bomb, and gattling gun. He has great engage with his varklyrie as well as great escape. You can also easily clear waves and farm from a long distance with your missiles.

For junglers, Nautilus and Alistar are super scary junglers to be facing. Their enormous amounts of CC as early as level 2 mean that you can snowball any lane with good coordination from your lanes. The thing to note with these junglers is that you should have a high damage output from your lanes since your own damage will fall off slightly lategame. Nocturne is another great jungler thanks to his ability to gank from outside of ward range. His damage is great lategame and he offers a great initiate directly onto the enemy carry and he has a great ability to catch off lone enemies even from a distance.