Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

You guys don't understand what compensation is, do you?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Worst ofthe Best

06-24-2012

Quote:
Moonsbane:
com·pen·sa·tion/ˌkämpənˈsāSHən/
Noun:

Something, typically money, awarded to someone as a recompense for loss, injury, or suffering.

de·mand/diˈmand/
Noun:
An insistent and peremptory request, made as if by right.

Now tell me, if it's compensation do you have any right to demand it or what exactly you get?

GD seems to have the two very confused.

petejohn

06-24-2012

I lost playing time. I demand compensation.

Blackfire447

06-24-2012

I have suffered much in the past few days....

Serkaidemor

06-24-2012

Let me guess. You got your RP didn't you?

Worst ofthe Best

06-24-2012

Quote:
petejohn:
I lost playing time. I demand compensation.

Except

Quote:

award (əˈwɔːd)

— vb
1. to give (something due), esp as a reward for merit: to award prizes

if you're demanding it and you are given it, then it wasn't being awarded to you. They gave it to you because you said to.

INCIESSE

06-24-2012

Quote:
Serkaidemor:
Let me guess. You got your RP didn't you?

i bet he did, now hes trolling the forums

erjdrifter

06-24-2012

No, we don't have the right to ask for what we want, we do have the right to receive the same compensation as those that had different problems even though everyone had some type of problem. Also that definition for compensation fits in perfectly fine with what Riot did.

Master SARS

06-24-2012

If my reading skills hold true, demand says "made AS IF by right." The OP went straight to assuming that demands require a right.

ClamPaint

06-24-2012

Congratulations, you defined two words.

Worst ofthe Best

06-24-2012

Quote:
erjdrifter:
No, we don't have the right to ask for what we want, we do have the right to receive the same compensation as those that had different problems even though everyone had some type of problem. Also that definition for compensation fits in perfectly fine with what Riot did.

You don't have any rights to receive compensation. It's not required of Riot to give you it and you do not have a right to it.

That my friend, is the definition of having a false sense of entitlement. You believing that you should get something when you don't necessarily deserve it.
--
Edit:
Also that definition for compensation fits in perfectly fine with what Riot did.

The people who lost their stuff didn't go on the forums and make a massive uproar. Riot said "oh, by the way we gave you guys 1000 RP. Sorry 'bout the inconvenience."

Which is why this point is being brought up. I'm not saying that they didn't compensate people. I'm saying that people are demanding RP.