League opens up-- off screen

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Necroclysm

08-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dannamoth View Post
Thanks for the report. I've personally noticed this happening when I select a window when the League of Legends logo pops up between champion selected and moving into game. If you guys notice this happening some other way, post here to let me know please.
Just as an addendum to this post and confirming what you said is exactly what happens to me. If I don't switch window focus until after loading starts, then it is fine.

Addendum: This only started happening after a patch in the last few months, say 1 or 2.

I do notice a Windows style dialog box behind the logo splash now, Dannamoth. Pretty sure it wasn't there before this started happening, but it is fairly hard to notice so it could have been.

Mica

08-20-2012

FYI totally isn't exclusive to dual monitors.

Dr3x1

08-23-2012

Because I multitask with two monitors this happens to me a lot. I've found the quickest and most efficient way to fix it is to press CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to bring up the task manager and then right click the task and choose maximize in the context menu. If you run multiple monitors you may also have to alt+tab once or twice to get your mouse to stay bound to the league process.

I hope this helps.

3mptylord

08-23-2012

Quote:
Thanks for the report. I've personally noticed this happening when I select a window when the League of Legends logo pops up between champion selected and moving into game. If you guys notice this happening some other way, post here to let me know please.
That seems to be what's causing it for me.

What's more annoying if the ESC screen isn't visible... meaning you can't even change to Windowed Mode and move it. TT_TT

June24th

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-25-2012

any updates on this bug, riot pls?

dcnairb

08-28-2012

Quote:
This seems to be how it's triggered usually for me, although occasionally it happens without me clicking any part of the client or program at all. I seemed to stop having as much of a problem with this, until it started happening again recently.

I can't remember if I posted it before but switching users fixes it-- usually. Recently had the first time where it not only didn't fix it, but made it worse: turned my client into several copy-pastes it seemed of random parts of the league screen, sans interface.

Can usually be prevented by not clicking the League window until you're sure it's in champion loading, which can be seen by hovering over the program in the task bar.

AvengedSyns

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-17-2012

this needs fixed please. it's ruining my gaming experience

Versedian

10-07-2012

I'm still getting this; =[

Versedian

10-10-2012

Does anyone have a solution for this?

HypnoticPoison

Master Recruiter

10-10-2012

This occurs when you tab out to another window as it goes from the pvp.net client to the actual game client.. alt-f4 out of the loading screen and hit reconnect on pvp.net. Or alternatively you could just wait the extra 5 seconds until the actual loading screen comes up and then tab out... because lets face.. there's always that one guy with the commodore 64.