Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Hybrid Penatration item concept - Anuket's Halberd

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Irelia Bot

07-18-2012

Quote:
Cronovey:
Yes, but look at what I said after. Imagine an Ezreal doing this build (he has items that scale off both AD and AP) with a Kayle support to shred for him. Between the heal, immunity, and his free Flash on a really short cooldown, Ezreal would be nigh unkillable while doing insane amounts of damage.

The item is just not balanced and very difficult to balance in general, which is why it doesn't exist right now.

You're more likely to see a flat penetration item for hybrids than percentage; most likely a Haunting Guise/Brutalizer combo.

You clearly forgot about that jungle Shyvana With Black Cleaver reducing the armor by 45 before anything.

You are making a team comp where everyone is working together to make a really deadly killing machine. That doesn't happen often but if a team does do it they deserve the rewards for what they have done.

diskdinomite

07-18-2012

It would be good, but it would be OP on jax, I do not see him a lot anymore, but I do not want to see him anymore

Irelia Bot

07-19-2012

I still don't get why people think this would be OP it would make hybrid's more effective against tanks and tanky DPS while having no real advantage against the squishy carries.

requium

07-19-2012

That actually a really intersting item concept and I like the way the penetrations scale with AD and AP. I dont play much Hybrids short of pantheon. Could this help pantheon?

Irelia Bot

07-19-2012

Quote:
requium94:
That actually a really intersting item concept and I like the way the penetrations scale with AD and AP. I dont play much Hybrids short of pantheon. Could this help pantheon?

It could be if you were building Pantheon in a strange way but I don't tend to see many people building Panthon as AP or hybrid given that most of his damage seems to be in Spear Shot, Heartseeker Strike and basic attacks. That isn't to say that people wouldn't be able to try it if this item were to come out. CDR AP panth with Anuket's Lich bane and a lot of AP could be a rather annoying Pantheon having him jump on you every 5.4 seconds then having a lich bane proc and sky jumping every 72 seconds with a 1.0 AoE AP ratio.

IT might even become as annoying as AP yi

Borand

07-20-2012

Don't know, doesn't seem bad to me...
I would like to math it though.

Rukhron

07-20-2012

just remembered the cross-scaling

Shyvanna burnout turns AD into magic damage
Anuket would then turn AD into magic penetration
Leading to unholy world destroyer Shyvanna build.

(there are other examples, but i like this one)

Irelia Bot

07-20-2012

Quote:
Rukhron:
just remembered the cross-scaling

Shyvanna burnout turns AD into magic damage
Anuket would then turn AD into magic penetration
Leading to unholy world destroyer Shyvanna build.

(there are other examples, but i like this one)

I'm guessing you have not seen Shyvana with 2 tiamat using Q in dragon form.

Irelia Bot

07-23-2012

bump

axesandspears

07-23-2012

Quote:
Cronovey:
Yes, but look at what I said after. Imagine an Ezreal doing this build (he has items that scale off both AD and AP) with a Kayle support to shred for him. Between the heal, immunity, and his free Flash on a really short cooldown, Ezreal would be nigh unkillable while doing insane amounts of damage.

The item is just not balanced and very difficult to balance in general, which is why it doesn't exist right now.

You're more likely to see a flat penetration item for hybrids than percentage; most likely a Haunting Guise/Brutalizer combo.

Flat penetration would be a worse problem than % penetration, because the available amounts of flat penetration in this game are ridiculously high already. One should not be able to form a build that removes base magic resistance + a strong magic resistance item.

There would be no way to really balance a flat hybrid penetration item in the current game without removing a few of the current penetration/reduction items.

% penetration would work because % penetrations do not stack well with themselves, and this item suggestion in particular would work because each penetration type requires investing heavily in the opposing stat to build it up. The requirement is high enough, or would be pushed high enough through balance patches, that taking Last Whisper or Void Staff with this item will always be a net loss in dps compared to taking another hybrid item.

The item suggested by this post is the closest thing to a balanced hybrid penetration item that could ever be admissable.