Hybrid Penatration item concept - Anuket's Halberd

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheLastBaron88

10-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellfireSoul View Post
Love this item idea. You put thought into it, and a lot of it. The fact that it uses reverse scaling on the penetrations is the big one.

I'm also all for it because I love playing Akali, but that's beside the point, really. The point is that the idea is great, and the numbers aren't even ungodly unbalanced in either direction, not that hard numbers should ever be a thing with suggestions. Remember, other people: Numbers can be adjusted, it's the concept that matters the most.
^THIS. Positive Attitude, Appreciation for Innovation, Understanding of Balance and Fine-Tuning, Actually Read the Original Post.

+1

Pyr0n1c

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-31-2012

Because people cant be bothered to build 40% AD/AP i mean come on guys really.

RockJockey

10-31-2012

Soviet Swain Approves Hybrid Penetration!
-Rockjockey

HadesStreet

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaP616 View Post
This is an idea for an item that would benifit champions that build hybrid while being far less useful for ones that do not.

It is built from a Blasting wand and a Pickaxe + 515 gold (total 2350) (EDIT: if the same build path as rageblade is a problem then Pickaxe(975) + kage's (765) + Amplifying Tome(435) + 175 = 2350 could be done instead)

Stats are
35 AD
50 AP
Passive unique: provides 8% armor pen + 1% for every 20 AP (caps at 30%)
Passive unique: provides 8% magic pen + 1% for every 15 AD (caps at 30%)
If this were added into the game, the passive should be adjusted as:

35 AD
50 AP
Unique Passive: provides X% armor pen + 1% for every Y Bonus AP (caps at 30%)
Unique Passive: provides X% magic pen + 1% for every Y Bonus AD (caps at 30%)

*changed the PASSIVE UNIQUE so the percent scaling would only apply to Bonus AD/AP. Otherwise you'd already be getting extra armor penetration off of base AD.

Increase cost to 2600. Have it build as (Amplifying Tome + Pickaxe + Blasting Wand + 330)

It's a pretty okay item overall. upvoted 'cause hybrids.

Irelia Bot

10-31-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by HadesStreet View Post
If this were added into the game, the passive should be adjusted as:

35 AD
50 AP
Unique Passive: provides X% armor pen + 1% for every Y Bonus AP (caps at 30%)
Unique Passive: provides X% magic pen + 1% for every Y Bonus AD (caps at 30%)

*changed the PASSIVE UNIQUE so the percent scaling would only apply to Bonus AD/AP. Otherwise you'd already be getting extra armor penetration off of base AD.

Increase cost to 2600. Have it build as (Amplifying Tome + Pickaxe + Blasting Wand + 330)

It's a pretty okay item overall. upvoted 'cause hybrids.
If you go amp tome and blasting wand you would need to up the AP.

JeeFour

11-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaP616 View Post
If you go amp tome and blasting wand you would need to up the AP.
Yeah but like you said before, this is more about concept, rather than balancing. I wouldn't argue exact numbers, but we have got a good neighborhood of where this item should be.

I think bumping and upvoting should be focused, because I have seen minimal negativity toward this item. I just hope Riot hasn't already designed something similar for Season 3 already.

@ZaP616 - have you tried contacting a Red that reads these forums, and asked him to take a look at this thread?

cerabrete2

11-01-2012

@ZaP616 Health stacking is pretty strong early one, but with lategame damage it's just not that as tanky, and some armor/mr is needed. Effective HP increases much more with a mix of HP/armor/MR. If you stack HP then you become much squishier to everyone else without massive pen. In this case its true they can tank the hybrid with massive %pen better, but they can't tank the rest of the team or ADC as well.

@JeeFour Yes this item is meant to counter tanky builds, but it shouldn't be a means of completely shutting down tanks. Some level of balance is needed, where it lets you kill them ,but they can still function as a tank. 3 items on a hybrid shouldn't be able to counter 5 items on a tank.

cerabrete2

11-01-2012

I spent a lot of time focusing on the %pen and want to comment on some of the other parts.

Cost. Its good. Right around where it should be.

Recipe. You had the concern yourself that its the same as guinsoos. I think this is an issue too (I like the this recipe the best. Dam you guinsoos) . We don't want identical recipes. I don't this it should have kage's though because building from a gp/5 adds to the value, and I believe the value should be centered around the stats and %pen. Below I put 2 alternitives.
Recipe 1:
2x amp tome + pickaxe
Recipe 2:
2x amp tome + 2x long sword

Base stats: 35AD 50AP. The AP seems at a good place. The AD seems a bit high considering the cost and the other bonuses. 30AD should be good. Of course the concept is what counts and the stats can be easily adjusted through testing.

I'm a fan of the suggestion to make the scaling come from bonus stats.

Miyanaga Saki

11-01-2012

I don't know if this has been mentioned before, but to push this item even further towards hybrid builds, you might consider using bonus AD instead of total AD.

So instead of +1% magic penetration for every 15 AD, it would be +1% for every 10 bonus AD.

This would make Lich Bane mages less compatible with the item, while a hybrid build that includes a Lich Bane would still benefit from it greatly.

For the recipe, I would prefer to see it symmetric between AP and AD, so maybe 2x Amp Tome and 2x Long Sword with gold like mentioned above or 1 each of Amp Tome, Blasting Wand, Long Sword, and Pickaxe with the combine cost and stats adjusted (70 AD, 40 AP or 65 AD, 35 AP). This build also makes sense because it takes the materials from both Last Whisper and Void Staff.

Anyways, great idea. I hope Riot at least considers the idea of a hybrid-specific penetration item as more diversity in builds is always good.

Irelia Bot

11-01-2012

A note has been added to the bottom of the OP about making it based only of bonus AD