Hybrid Penatration item concept - Anuket's Halberd

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Autocthon

09-03-2012

Arbitrary caps are bad.

TheRottenCrow

09-03-2012

well i dont see why anyone should complain about this item at all. aside from slight tweaks with the pens either up or down, i see this as a great idea. it almost seems like a risky item because it partially relys on u playing well to get items for its passive, but if u play awful, you dont LOSE anything like a snowball item.

Irelia Bot

09-11-2012

Keeping this around.

Kyu Ryu

09-11-2012

Nice idea.

Plagis

09-12-2012

This item deserves to be closely examined. While a ton of champions will not always want to build it, the option is significant.

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-12-2012

There's really only 3-4 champions in the game could utilize this, but really, it comes down to being just a Jax item.

Akali's physical damage is minimal (lich bane proc and basic attacks...her AoE thing just burns energy come mid game).

Kat's physical damage is a single auto-attack after she shunpo's and a possibly lich proc.

Jax could use it the most effectively as it gives him all the stats he wants and can use and makes his DPS explode.

It's a great idea, and I support a hybrid penetration item, but I think this should be a hair less niche.

Irelia Bot

09-20-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox P McCloud View Post
There's really only 3-4 champions in the game could utilize this, but really, it comes down to being just a Jax item.

Akali's physical damage is minimal (lich bane proc and basic attacks...her AoE thing just burns energy come mid game).

Kat's physical damage is a single auto-attack after she shunpo's and a possibly lich proc.

Jax could use it the most effectively as it gives him all the stats he wants and can use and makes his DPS explode.

It's a great idea, and I support a hybrid penetration item, but I think this should be a hair less niche.
Actually I was able to check akali's stats and she does 56.5% physical and 43.5% magic on average so this item would be better for her then it would be for jax who does 72% physical and 28% magic.

As for it being niche you might want to consider that hybrids are not common because there are not the right items to generally make a hybrid better or just as good as a pure AD or AP.

SubzeroKelvin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-20-2012

Surprised this doesn't have a red post yet. Not saying it should implemented as is, but it's definitely a worthwhile idea.

Irelia Bot

09-21-2012

That is a large part of why I'm not letting this die.

I want to at least get some input from reds on the item.

Plagis

09-21-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZaP616 View Post
That is a large part of why I'm not letting this die.

I want to at least get some input from reds on the item.
I agree. It would be nice to get some information from the reds as to why this could or could not work. Or, maybe some information as to why hybrid penetration items are being held back. Actually, anything would be nice.