Hexdrinker

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Syrchalis

12-27-2013

Current Top-Lane meta is super tanky, still damage dealing tanks. AP champions have no way to even survive this lane in the slightest. Vlad, Kennen, Elise, unviable top lane.

Hexdrinker is definitely not the sole reason. But it's part of it. I just had a game against a Riven. I won lane, despite ganks from the enemy Olaf. I bought a Sunfire Cape and Riven a mere Hexdrinker. The 250 health shield though is retardely overpowered. It's like a 3rd summoner every 90 seconds for free. Hexdrinker wouldn't even be un-effective if it had no passive at all. 25 AD 25 MR. 25 AD costs 875. 20 MR costs 400. So 875+500=1375 and Hexdrinker costs 1350.

It costs 25g less than the stats it provides! WITHOUT THE PASSIVE!

In an all-in the 250 health shield combined with the 25 MR it gives is just game-breaking.

Hexdrinker can't be allowed to be THAT cost effective. It should cost at least 1750. The passive is worth a lot more than 400g, since it gives you a free lane-win against any AP champion if you aren't TOO behind.
Especially in the current meta.

I know I am OP and can't "inb4" but:
Inb4 AD toplaner tears.

P.S.: I demand, at the very least, a nerf of the shield duration to 2 seconds, so you can outplay it. 5 seconds means you can either let him AA you for 900 damage in the 5 seconds or you have to burst through an additional 250 health.

The5lacker

12-27-2013

"Tanky DPS" is the very definition of fighters. And mages have always had hard times against fighters, especially short ranged mages: However, such mages have innate sustain that they can use to harass without as much fear of harassment.

Changing the shield duration wouldn't change the very nature of the lane: If they have a Hexdrinker, they have probably not got any sort of sustain other than health pots. In which case, as Vlad, you should be capable of poking and running back: force your opponent into a bad position then have your jungler gank. It's a team game for a reason.

If you play Vlad like you would a normal top laner, you're going to lose. This isn't due to fighters being OP, or Hexdrinker being OP, it's due to you not understanding how to play a style of champion that isn't rush in and beat face: That's not what Vlad does early game. Vlad's early game is composed of farming until you have a few core items and holding (NOT winning) lane: He's not a strong early game champ. If you try and test your early game against an enemy fighter's early game, you will lose. Spectacularly. As you've seen.

Hexdrinker is also far, FAR from OP for its cost.. 25g stat efficiency is completely 100% normal for an advanced item like that. Warden's Mail is stat efficient. Chalice of Harmony is stat efficient. Glacial Shroud is (stupidly) stat efficient. Seeker's Armguard is stat efficient by a factor of 501g when fully stacked. Specter's Cowl is stat efficient. Stinger is highly stat efficient Tiamat is stat efficient. Hell, Tear of the Goddess is stat efficient by a factor of 220g upon initial purchase: If kept until fully upgraded, it's 700g for 2420g worth of stats. That's HUGE. And you're complaining about an item specifically designed to counter mages being capable of countering mages? Are you high?

Syrchalis

12-27-2013

No, I say that for a mere -25g (yes you don't even pay for it, you get it for free) you get a shield that instantly makes it impossible to lose an all-in against the enemy laner.

That's ridiculously overpowered.

Let's make a Bladebreaker item. If you fall below 30% health, you get 90% damage reduction against physical damage for 3 seconds.
It gives 40 AP, 30 Armor and costs 1500g.

Fair?

The5lacker

12-27-2013

One, Hexdrinker costs 1350g and gives 1400g worth of stats for a stat efficiency of 50g, not 25g. If you're gonna complain, at least get it right.

Two, there does not need to be an Armor equivalent to every MR item, you unimaginative hack.

Three, as I said, HEXDRINKER IS CURRENTLY PERFECTLY BALANCED IN RELATION TO OTHER ADVANCED ITEMS. ALMOST ALL ADVANCED ITEMS ARE SIMILARLY COSTED FOR SIMILAR BENEFITS. YOU DENSE MOTHER****ER. You always, always ALWAYS get BETTER items for UPGRADING: THAT'S WHY IT'S CALLED AN UPGRADE.

Syrchalis

12-27-2013

So mad, you clearly have lost all objectivity so whatever you say is by default false.

No point even talking to you.

The5lacker

12-27-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syrchalis View Post
So mad, you clearly have lost all objectivity so whatever you say is by default false.

No point even talking to you.
That's now how arguments work. Being mad =/= being wrong. Being wrong = being wrong. Which, if you actually had two brain cells to rub together and were capable of reading and looking at items objectively rather than *****ing about an item designed to counter your playstyle doing well against you, you'd realize you were.

Hexdrinker is balanced. It's a strong item, for sure, but it's far from OP and it's perfectly in line with other items of its type. There is no need to raise its cost by 300 gold and make it useless. That'd be insane. Paying 250 gold for a highly situational shield is something nobody would ever do. They'd just buy a Ruby Crystal and be done with it. You can learn to play around a Hexdrinker, especially with manaless casters: Harassment counters Hexdrinker. Learn to play. And read.

jusho1

12-27-2013

just run a tanky ap top and push out any fighter that runs up there. Ryze and swain control top