Counter to Garen

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Bombasic

08-30-2010

I just wanted to hear some good counters to garen early game. Like which champ is best against him. He just gets annoying so i wanna try something that will mess him right up.

Chosen0955

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2010

stack alot of armor, u'll be surpised by how much less dmg he's dealing to you than be4

A Retarded Clown

08-30-2010

I just pick malzahar...and NOM NOM NOM

CovertGhoul

08-30-2010

Keeping him slowed in big fights helps a lot, so any range with a mallet, ashe, etc. Getting armor so he doesn't mow you down with judgement helps a lot. IE if you are tristrani get a wriggles/bloodrazor, mallet, and you can not only do a lot of damage, but you are keeping him there, and if he EVER hits you with judgement, it won't hurt that bad.

Dragoniel

08-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daethr View Post
I just pick malzahar...and NOM NOM NOM
How in the world do you manage to counter tank Garen as Malzahar? Aside your ultimate, you're so dead it's not even funny. And your ultimate is rendered useless by a single item that costs merely 1.4k gold and has nice stats for a tank.

DPS Garens fails, so no need to specifically counter those. Tank Garens weakness is their armor penetration - they have none (aside runes) and all their damage is physical. I don't know if your build allows it, but getting over 100 armor isn't hard.

If you are a hardcore squishy, then it's going to be tough. Stay away from him, Garen eats squishies - not imba fast like fed Yi, but he is **** hard to get rid off, once hes on your face.

Yvo

08-30-2010

Stacking armor won't do jack **** against his ult.

Zeryth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoniel View Post
How in the world do you manage to counter tank Garen as Malzahar? Aside your ultimate, you're so dead it's not even funny. And your ultimate is rendered useless by a single item that costs merely 1.4k gold and has nice stats for a tank.

DPS Garens fails, so no need to specifically counter those. Tank Garens weakness is their armor penetration - they have none (aside runes) and all their damage is physical. I don't know if your build allows it, but getting over 100 armor isn't hard.

If you are a hardcore squishy, then it's going to be tough. Stay away from him, Garen eats squishies - not imba fast like fed Yi, but he is **** hard to get rid off, once hes on your face.

Null Zone?

RE Bantos

08-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvo View Post
If his ult is the only thing I have to worry about, why am I considering him OP again?

Zydrate

08-30-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yvo View Post

actually it does, since he has to get you down to almost nothing before he can ult you anyway.

if you're low enough for Garen's ult to kill you, chances are you're pretty close to dead as is. so yes, get armor and he'll never get you down.

noodle0117

08-30-2010

radium's or even just a warden's mail screws him up pretty bad, cuz once he procs a slow (or you activate it as radium's) he wont be hitting anything for a while.