malphite build

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

atrickofthemind

06-24-2012

this might sound like a noob question, but recently i have had a lot of fun laying malph. i was wondering if at any time rylai's could be viable on him if you happen to have the gold for it.

Kaoelith

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-24-2012

if you build him ap then sure, otherwise not normally

normally against a balanced team you would go: boots, frozen heart, sunfire, warmog, abyssal, randuin

swap FoN with abyssal if your ap has abyssal
swap Warmog with Frozen mallet,Rylais if you want

rylais needs abyssal with it otherwise don't get rylais

N1ghtSt4lker95

06-24-2012

I build Malaphite as a full tank with all health regan, Warmogs, Randuins omen, Nature furey........... you know the stuff, any way building health regan with Malaphite is soooo op hopefuly i did u readers some good.

Thank you for reading see you later.

acosn

06-24-2012

Not a lot of good reasons to build it. Of malphite's four abilities only three apply the slow, and of that one is already a slow, and another has a hard CC that lasts about as long, while the third is a short range AOE.

Buy an ROA for AP leaning builds where you want survivability and AP.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-25-2012

Man, this super-Troll kid is annoying. You know the stuff.

-----------------

Rylai's is not really ideal for Malph. As mentioned, his Q already has a pretty significant Slow, as does his Ult. All you would get out of it is a minor AoE (15%) slow in addition. Meh.

Rylais is not very efficient either unless you can really make great use of the slow which you cannot. While health is fine, AP is subpar for Malph for the most part because he only has 2 AP scaling spells, 1 of which being his ULT.

Most people tend to play Malphite to counter enemy ADs and thus build lots of armor and survivability, as he is a great initiator.

Randuins works well with his Ult in that he can initiate and then slow them down after he pops them up and stuns.

Sunfire cape gives malph good armor, health, and the 40dmg aura works extremely well for him since he is always in their face.

Philo Stone is a good start and reverie is a great upgrade. He can boost everyone speed, initiate and his team can very quickly close the distance and follow up his engagement. He needs something for his mana issues.
I personally go Chalice during laning but thats optional.

Some cooldown reduction is beneficial too so he can keep an enemy slowed with Q indefinitely and spam his nasty debuffing AoE as often as possible. Plus ensure that his Ult is available for use.
Frozen Heart is also a good option as it helps with his mana issues too.

Abyssal Scepter is decent. All his dmg is magical, so this not only adds huge MR, but increases everyone's DPS from magical sources.

Theres lots of good options but chasing AP isn't really one of the better ones, as he just doesnt get enough offense out of it. If you get some AP thats fine, but I wouldn't chase it.

Machina Ex Domin

06-25-2012

I still try wrapping my head around those who build malphite as a hard tank. He's got a decent kit for a tank, but wanna know what his kits better for?

Bruiser

That Q slow's great for stopping runners in their path, also great for speeding his stoney hide up to melt carry face.

That W Armor steroid? sweet for taking incoming damage, the AD steroid half is even better for boosting your fists of doom to make that ashe cry foul.

That armor based E? sweet for getting AD's off your carries back, even better to keep AD's off YOUR back.

And lastly the ever awesome R, AP based yes *but as Warrrrax said AP on malph never the greatest idea* Sweet for initiating, sweet for chasing, and sweet for picking out the enemies hard carry and making him eat a stone knuckle steak.

Play malph as you see fit, just please avoid the the AP builds >.>