How to counter Vlad?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DuelistX

08-29-2010

I am a Vladimir user who is sick of OP threads and in-game qqs
So I decided to make a thread to stop them. This thread is about ways to counter Vladimir, since I can't list them all you can write down how you bet up Vladimir.

General Solo Tactic:Use your cc spells,not including silence,after he returns to his normal form...

General Teamfight TacticThis is just the easiest way to catch Vladimir since most Vladimirs use pool to dmg others.And after he uses his ultimate and pool he would be
a piece of cake with low mr,armor and roughly 1000 hp..

Urgot:Easy as hell. Wait for vlad to turn into pool then lock on him to take hp loss from both the pool and your missiles.

This is all for me. So fell free to tell how to counter vlad

DuelistX

08-29-2010

Bump... No comment yet? I suppose no one will qq about Vladimir.... EVER

TangentJustice

08-29-2010

Any type of silence counters Vlad. Malz, Kass, Garen, Cho'Gath, anyone. Also, don't get greedy around Vlad. Vlad players punish you hard if you over extend. Early game, just hit him. He can't do any damage. Transfusion is on like a 12 sec CD. Just hit the guy. If he pools, he's taking damage anyway, so whatever. Around 7-9 be cautious around him though. 2-3 transfusions on you and he can do some serious damage with his Hemo + Spell rotation. If it doesn't kill you then you're almost dead. Just play defensively around him. He has to exploit your eagerness. Don't give him anything. I avidly play Vlad, and I can easily say the reason I kill people so easily is if you forgot about the amount of damage he can do so quickly, plus the fact that he heals whilst doing so. Just be cautious. Don't try and 1v1 at lower levels. Vladimir isn't OP, he just relies on stupidity. Don't be stupid.

DuelistX

08-29-2010

Thank you! Some1 that actually knows how to play against vlad!

AzuMakii

08-30-2010

when vlad gets a serieus problem in fights focus him and force him in his pool(or just stun and nuke) then pew pew down the highest dps and when he comes back out of his pool pew pew him and hes dead. if his dmg gets a real problem buy force of nature

DuelistX

08-30-2010

Altough I appreciate your comments I'd like to keep this thread champion specific like the urgot example

Circle of Bosses

08-30-2010

Well... I play Alistar, or Ezreal, or Shaco, or Amumu... So no chance at beating vlad 1v1, just pray that you can stun him somehow and every single person on your team shows up to try and beat him, especially if he's stacking AP and his q hits you for 700+

CanaryfOu

08-30-2010

Here's a nice anti-vlad tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOU8GIRUd_g

Enjoy

Contagious Cure

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

08-30-2010

This is more of a "how to gank" vlad rather than how to counter vlad - in which case CC is a legitimate answer for any champion. The difficulty with vlad is his q harrass is hard to compete against given you will almost always suffer more damage if you want to counter harrass.

That said, I think this issue has already been fixed thanks to the nerf on q's range from the last patch.

silvthril

08-30-2010

Dude I 100% Rolfed a vlad 1v1 in a lane as malzjust kept dotting him with visions when I i could. It was to much for him to out heal early gameand so when it was time i plopped my puddle visions ignite and ulted him all in 1 second and killed him.

So by the time he got back I out lvled him and well... wash rinse repeat