Which skin do you buy?

Cheap one (390-520 RP) 21 23.33%
Standard skin? (I don't know what 975 RP skins called) 39 43.33%
LEGENDARY SKIN (1820 IP) 12 13.33%
I don't use skins 14 15.56%
Installing my own skin by editing game files 4 4.44%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

The value of a skin in community.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ray The Vanguard

06-24-2012

Hi guys,

Recently, I bought Sanguine Garen skin for 260 RP (Now I have 140 RP). Now I realize people start to behave differently to me. I assume it is because of my skin.

Does people with skins is more respected in higher summoner level match? (Currently I'm level 19 summoner, about to hit 20).

I also created a poll above ^.^

Shacô Bot

06-24-2012

there's a respect until you fail.

it's a double edged sword, people expect you to be decent if you actually spent money on a skin and if you aren't their gonna get after your skin (no pun intended) for it.

Akkina

06-24-2012

Nah, skins are just kinda "I like this champ so I'ma make them look pretty.". In lower levels of play "skintimidation" has a play in enemy morale, but that's about the extent of it.

Shiny Eevee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-24-2012

Eh, well normally when people buy skins, it usually means they have a lot of experience with the champion. o:
As for me? I just buy the skin if I like it.
I bought the Gentleman Cho'Gath skin, and when I bought Cho'Gath with IP I refused to play him until I got that skin. :L

xNegi kunx

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

06-24-2012

Maybe, maybe not. Me? I only care about someone's skill. I do like skins, but I don't necessarily respect them more because of it.

Mattsal

06-24-2012

Not respected, but people expect you to play well or at least decently with that champion.

zDelusion

06-24-2012

Skin Wars is the first and most important battle in every game. If the load screen pops up and the enemy team wins Skin Wars like 4-1 or something you might as well just afk in fountain.

Teas

06-24-2012

If you use a skin with your champion, you can NEVER have a bad game with that champion until you unequip the skin, or else you will likely encounter a classic, 'y u waste ur mums mony on dt skin lol u suck"

Ray The Vanguard

06-24-2012

Before: Get a FIRST BLOOD!, only lanemate type "GJ" in chat.

After: Get a FIRST BLOOD!, whole team congratulates.

Enemies seems to be more focused to me after I use skins -_-.

Conclusion (?): Skins make it harder?

Hunt

06-24-2012

Skin or no skin on opposition - I slay their asses.