Toggle Smart-Cast

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Naggin

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vulking View Post
just make it a simple key combo: Hold Ctrl + Alt + S and press Q/W/E/R
(S for Smart Cast)

Its really hard to miss press 3 keys in this fashion (much harder keep them hold) , but still comfortable enough to do it willingly.
Just because it's hard to miss press three keys doesn't make it favorable. That's four keys to toggle something. Just silly.

Daynen

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-17-2012

how about a press-release or button-up method, as its been alternately called? As in, spells can be targeted Sc style, would bring up the range indicator non-SC style, but will not fire until you RELEASE the left click? Would be an interesting balance, would still allow you to SC at will, but would allow you to check your range, hold your shot, and right-click to cancel as a non-SC cast.

Failing that, I think I agree with the idea of a key combo or intuitive method of toggling smart casts on or off with a click or key combo, instead of persistent menu options that can be forgotten until crucial, game-losing moments.

metere

12-10-2012

bump

Qsario

12-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BadgerDrool View Post
Even when you are super used to a projectile's hit box, projectile speed, and cast animation there are times having that bar can be useful. I'm pretty used to Caitlyns Q and mostly smart cast it. However, when I'm in a brush aiming at someone that doesn't know I'm there? I take that extra time to see where they are in regards to the template to make sure their in range. Another notable use is when firing into the Fog of War I may take the time to line up my skill shot and think a bit more about where it's going vs where I think my enemy may be standing.
You might like the "show smartcast ranges" option. Just hold down your smartcast key to see the range and it casts when you let off the key.

Anyhow, I support the idea. I also support per champion/account keybindings, even if you just make an API for it (e.g a bunch of files like.Qsario-default.keybindings.ini, Qsario-Janna.keybindings.ini, SomeoneElse-default.keybindings.ini, or whatever), because my cousins visit all the time and have their own ideas about what needs to be remapped where.

KaXaSA51

07-17-2013

still want this.

Rawrsome

07-22-2013

Me too.

dons90

07-25-2013

Bump

Leprechaun003

Recruiter

07-25-2013

Sounds good to me!

ConnorAlmighty

07-29-2013

Extremely well written, and I agree entirely!
Bump

Shadowmender

07-30-2013

Ya, and you are right about the tutorial stuff. They don't even "need" to make an actual tutorial, just link to people (in-client) who do tutorials. Of course, it would be nice to have like custom challenge scenarios, like the Caitlyn Mid training scenario, built-in..but that's expecting quite a bit from such a big company